GUILTY IL - Bonnie Woodward, 46, murdered, Alton, 25 June 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Irony: Some of the balloons from Bonnie's vigil ended up in the front yard a couple houses down from the man involved in the disappearance. Could some of them have ended up in his yard too? We know this because the lady called her sister. It made her night.They started out in Alton and ended up in rural Jersey County. :)

Meaghan from Charley Project really did a good write up on Bonnies case. More than I recall reading in MSM.

I wonder if there was survelliance video at the nursing home and if it was checked.
Really sounds like LE has a strong POI, or POI's.

Praying answers in Bonnies case are found soon.

A body was recently found in Calhoun County. Besides Bonnie, there is one other woman that it matches-Sherry Wood. Currently, LE says that they do not think that it is Bonnie but, they are running her DNA against this Body. They are still waiting on an identification but, the body has been in the water so long, it is taking a bit longer.

The Charlie Project write up looks good with the exception that Heather is Bonnie's Step-Daughter.
The family thinks that Heather knows more than she is saying, as well.

The family is still waiting on DNA results on the body that was found. I'll update when there is something new.

Thank you for your continued updates Mythic.

There was also recently more remains found in SW IL which have been determined to be human. MSM is saying LE believes they are likely very old, but how they define very old is unknown. These remains were found near the Mississippi River. I'm not familiar enough with SW IL to determine if this is within the range of possibilities for where Bonnie may be found, or if the POI was known to boat in this area. However, I did want to ensure you were aware.

A thread for these remains can be found here: (this is in our unidentified forum)

IL IL: Bones discovered east of Hannibal are human - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Woman's body found in Bloomington field
October 11, 2011

snipped...

BLOOMINGTON, Ill.— Authorities in central Illinois are investigating after a badly decomposed body was found in a field in Bloomington.
McLean County Coroner Beth Kimmerling says the woman's remains were found Monday afternoon in some brush near a harvested cornfield. Kimmerling says the body had been in the field for quite some time.

Would they consider someone from 3 hours away "not local"?

Body found in field on Bloomington's west side
October 10, 2011

Snipped....

BLOOMINGTON -- Bloomington police and the McLean County coroner are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found in a field on the city's west side.

The badly decomposed body of an adult, white woman was found before 1 p.m. Monday near Valley View Drive and JC Parkway, according to authorities. The body was in some brush near a harvested cornfield, Coroner Beth Kimmerling said.

"She had been there for quite some time," Kimmerling said.

Based on missing-persons police reports, the coroner said she has an idea who the woman may be, but she will wait for dental records and DNA tests to confirm an identity. The person in question is not local, she said.

There were no obvious signs of trauma, and nothing was found with the body to indicate foul play, Kimmerling said. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.

A group of investors were inspecting a farm field on the north side of Valley View Drive when they found the body, police said.

Read more: http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/article_2eb2998a-f37a-11e0-a751-001cc4c002e0.html#ixzz1aUr7jtZn

October 10, 2011

Snipped....

Read more: http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/article_2eb2998a-f37a-11e0-a751-001cc4c002e0.html#ixzz1aUr7jtZn

Good question-- I'm not sure what they would consider "local". I'm guessing though, that 3 hours away is too far to be considered local. I can get to three or four different states within 3 hours from where we live, and I wouldn't be considered a local if found that far away, kwim?

Hope they can figure out who this person is.

Updated Oct 11, 2011 at 8:09 PM CDT

The McLean County Coroner's Office says the body of a woman found in a field near the intersection of Valley View and JC Parkway in Bloomington is believed to be that of a missing Minier woman.

An autopsy on the remains of this adult white female was completed Tuesday afternoon.

Coroner Beth Kimmerling says there was no evidence of trauma found during the autopsy.

The female is presumed to be Jean L. Kelly, age 57, last of Minier, Illinois.

Based upon information received from Bloomington Police, Ms. Kelly has been missing since early September.

October 10, 2011

Snipped....

....Based on missing-persons police reports, the coroner said she has an idea who the woman may be, but she will wait for dental records and DNA tests to confirm an identity. The person in question is not local, she said.

Minier is 21 miles or 34 minutes west of Bloomington...i guess TECHNICALLY, not a local.

'People are dying left and right:' Madison County coroner confirms two more heroin deaths

Shannon Barton's 4-year-old daughter told a neighbor Aug. 25 that her mommy and her mommy's boyfriend were dead inside their South Roxana home.

[snip]

"It's sad," said Barton's mother, Bobbie Valdes, of East Alton. "People are dying left and right."

Valdes has gone through a brutal two years. Her mother has died. And her sister, Bonnie Woodward, went missing in June 2010 and has been the subject of a highly publicized, but as of yet, unsuccessful search.

"I have been hit with a lot," Valdes said. "I don't have a daughter no more."

'People are dying left and right:' Madison County coroner confirms two more heroin deaths

Shannon Barton's 4-year-old daughter told a neighbor Aug. 25 that her mommy and her mommy's boyfriend were dead inside their South Roxana home.

[snip]

"It's sad," said Barton's mother, Bobbie Valdes, of East Alton. "People are dying left and right."

Valdes has gone through a brutal two years. Her mother has died. And her sister, Bonnie Woodward, went missing in June 2010 and has been the subject of a highly publicized, but as of yet, unsuccessful search.

"I have been hit with a lot," Valdes said. "I don't have a daughter no more."

Read more: http://www.bnd.com/2011/12/09/197392...#ixzz1g6pRNNRy

Hi, I am new here and have just stumbled upon this case. I have read most of the threads here and one thing continues to stick out to me: the boat.

Have the police yet finished their analysis of the boat?

What most concerns me with the boat is its "proximity", if you will, to two major bodies of water-both the Illinois and Mississippi rivers. In any case, I always hold out hope that the missing is alive, yet with due regard to the length of time that has passed since her disappearance, i have to consider the worst.

I am from Springfield, IL., and make frequent trips to the STL Area, primarily for boating ventures. I belong to a boat club in the area and it is of my belief that the vast majority of those owning boats in the area do so due to the convenience of both said rivers.

So, when authorities mentioned the involvement of a boat, I immediately thought Mississippi/Illinois Rivers, as it is most probable that if RC's boat was involved in her disappearance, it would have been used on one of these rivers. Both have been (I hate to say) common disposing grounds in the STL area. I dont know what capacity even highly trained water recovery teams would have to conduct such a daunting search effort, but i do know that a substantial amount of drowning/boat collision/ homicide victims lost in either rivers have been recovered.

This is just my opinion, but i would greatly like to see it incorporated in LE's investigation.

Thanks,
Matt

Woman pleads guilty to lesser charge

A woman indirectly involved in the case of the disappearance of Bonnie Woodward has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor in exchange for a prosecution agreement to drop a felony charge of obstructing justice.

[snip]

Scheffel was charged during the investigation of a missing teenage girl, Heather Woodward, the stepdaughter of Bonnie Woodward, who went missing in June 2010.

[snip]

Alton Police Chief David Hayes said Monday that Bonnie Woodward's case still is open as a missing person case. The evidence has been evaluated, and the status remains as it did in 2010, he said.

Bumping for Bonnie. This month marks the second anniversary of her disappearance.

I hope a break comes in this case soon. Two years is too long to wait for answers.

Help us bring you home, Bonnie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back