GUILTY IL - Chyenne Kircher, 14, East Dubuque, 12 Oct 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
East Dubuque Honors Teen with Memorial Bench

When East Dubuque business owners Greg Freiburger and Bill Hoefler first learned of Kircher's death, like so many others, they felt helpless. The shocking revelation, the horrid details, the emotional goodbyes. Details people here may one day forget.

As her friend's reflect on who Chyenne was, Freiburger and Hoefler say the reaction is what this donation is all about. They say It just feels good, to do something.

Hoefler adds, "Hopefully the next time some little kid from East Dubuque comes up missing, whether it be a boy or a girl, we all look. And, we all stick together as a tight community and we don't let this happen again."

More and another video here with the two men who donated Chyenne's memorial bench:

http://www.kcrg.com/home/top-9/East-Dubuque-Honors-Teen-with-Memorial-Bench-227796341.html

Murdered East Dubuque teen remembered on anniversary of disappearance

On Sunday evening, more than 100 people gathered in East Dubuque to mark the second anniversary of Kircher's disappearance and commemorate her life and memory.

Many at the march and vigil wore purple shirts -- Kircher's favorite color -- and pinned on yellow ribbons, a color representing missing children and hope.

The memorial march led the group to a candlelight vigil at the nearby Mississippi River boat ramp, where people watched a tribute video.

On Saturday, George and Dales Bar and Grill in East Dubuque is hosting a motorcycle ride to raise money for another memorial. The ride costs $10 and starts at the bar at noon on Saturday.

More and another video here:

http://www.kwwl.com/story/23689217/...-teen-honored-on-anniversary-of-disappearance

Poor Cheyenne. Under that smile and the happiness, she was a poor, abused child who was still trying to find the positive, the happy, and the joy in life.

Official: Body is Chyenne Kircher; cause of death unclear

The body found behind an East Dubuque, Ill., house last month is missing teen Chyenne Kircher, but her cause of death is unclear, according to law enforcement today.

The coroner during an autopsy was not able to determine the 14-year-old’s cause of death, said Dave Hachmeister, chief deputy with the Jo Daviess County Sheriff’s Department.

http://www.thonline.com/news/tri-state/article_117cafca-36be-11e3-b777-0019bb30f31a.html

Murdered East Dubuque teen's autopsy results inconclusive

The coroner said studying Kircher's remains provided an undetermined cause of death, according to Hachmeister.

Hachmeister said investigators made that initial conclusion based on the position of the remains' hyoid bone - a neck bone. However, he said, the coroner informed them that bone is very flexible in young people, and Kircher was 14 when she went missing.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/23711363/...st-dubuque-teens-autopsy-results-inconclusive

RIP sweet Chyenne. There will now be justice. Chyenne should have been safe in her home but was unfortunately tortured by someone who should have protected her. I wonder how many more children presumed to have runaway are really just tucked into the shadows. Makes me sick to think about it.

Tears and a candle for you tonight Chyenne. We knew it was you, but hearing the results doesn't make it easier. I know you're in a good safe place now. The world misses you.

I hate that they couldn't determine the cause of death. But at least we know she wasn't beaten, blunt trauma, etc. I hope the scum admits to what he has done and pays his dues! I'll understand the WHY!

East Dubuque man pleads guilty to murdering stepdaughter

An East Dubuque man accused of strangling his stepdaughter pleaded guilty to six charges today, including three counts of first-degree murder.

Terry Abbas, 41, faces life in prison without the possibility of parole. He will be sentenced Dec. 6.

When faced by Jo Daviess County District Court Judge William Kelly this afternoon, Abbas said he had no intention of proceeding to a jury trial.

“I did the crime, and it was an awful thing, your honor,” Abbas said.

http://www.thonline.com/news/breaking/article_83afa08c-3cdd-11e3-9c30-001a4bcf6878.html

Good! After stringing Chyenne's mom and brother along for a year it's good that he's not prolonging their agony further by making them sit through a trial. I hope they throw the key away!

First - :thud:

Second - So after 700+ days of sleeping in the house with her body in the backyard...
NOW he has decided that he should just confess and plead guilty?! Unbelievable.

RIP Chyenne. The ripple effect extends around the globe. Please if any of the extended community is struggling with this outcome, contact all available resources to help deal with the distress. :grouphug:

The note that was left at the beginning of the case, where she wrote that she wasn't coming home, where was that found in relation to this arrest?

I for one am sincerely glad he had a small sliver of conscience come over him. Chyenne was found, she can be buried, and we do not have to go through a trial that often inflicts additional pain on the victim's family and friends. I wish he had confessed earlier, but how many cases do we know that never have this sort of resolution. How many times have we watched someone who is guilty to free to a technicality or worse a bad prosecution.

RIP Chyenne

The note that was left at the beginning of the case, where she wrote that she wasn't coming home, where was that found in relation to this arrest?

I hope the following article helps with what you're looking for.

Hay said Abbas also was behind a note from Kircher found shortly after her disappearance, which led police to believe she had run away from home. The note, according to Hay, had been written by Kircher as part of a “prank” she and Abbas had once planned but never carried out.

Though the note was written by Kircher, Hay said Abbas told investigators that he had suggested some of its wording, including a section asking family members not to search for her and that she didn’t want to be found.

http://www.thonline.com/news/breaking/article_83afa08c-3cdd-11e3-9c30-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back