GUILTY IL - Chyenne Kircher, 14, East Dubuque, 12 Oct 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if this is a sexually motivated crime.. :tsktsk: it makes me sick! poor little girl!

I went through the thread last night, but need to go back and reread everything. Most of the links no longer work. I'm wondering WHY both men were living with her. Was TA an exhusband then? Or never married, or what? SS was living with her at the time CK went missing, and remains with her now.

I pray the son didn't go play in those woods while his sissy was buried in them.

This case should be discussed in any 'run away' teenage case! LE needs to realize not every child voluntarily WANTS to be missing. Especially a 13-14yr old child that doesn't have the means to survive!!! :banghead:

My guess is the note that was left was NOT in her handwriting, since they sent it to be analyzed. That lead them to do a full investigation. :moo:

Police believe that “runaway” Chyenne Kircher might have never actually left home at all.
Her stepfather, Terry Abbas, 40, of East Dubuque, Ill., was charged with two counts of first-degree murder earlier today for allegedly killing the teenager in October 2011. Dozens of officers from multiple law enforcement agencies are scouring the area around Abbas’ home, searching for evidence.
“We have reason to believe that her body is located at a location right in town by her home,” said Dave Hachmeister, chief deputy with the Jo Daviess County Sheriff’s Department. “We are at this point doing some excavation will Illinois State Police and FBI evidence technicians.”

http://www.thonline.com/news/breaking/article_a7422258-2131-11e3-a5ff-001a4bcf6878.html

Reports after she was first declared missing suggested that Kircher was last seen en route to a friend’s house. She allegedly left a note behind, saying, “Don’t look for me because I don’t want to be found.”
Bullying was originally cited as a possible reason Kircher left home. But Hachmeister said today that she likely never ran away at all.
The Jo Daviess County Critical Incident Response Team took over the investigation about six months ago. Hachmeister declined to comment on the details, but he said Abbas did not turn himself in and that the arrest was the result of the CIRT investigation.
http://www.thonline.com/news/breaking/article_a7422258-2131-11e3-a5ff-001a4bcf6878.html

The Jo Daviess County Sheriff's Department has confirmed Terry L. Abbas, 40, is charged with the murder of Chyenne Kircher.
The department says Kircher's body is believed to be near Abbas' home at 480 Wisconsin Ave., in a wooded area.
The department states a lack of information at the 2 p.m. press conference is caused by a "delay at the crime scene." The department will "do more in a couple hours."

During the press conference, a spokesperson said officials believed Chyenne body is located in an area behind her family home, an excavation of the scene is under way.

Officials from the East Dubuque Police, Jo Daviess County Sheriff's Office, the Illinois State Police and the FBI are at the excavation site.

In October 2012, East Dubuque Police Chief Steve O'Connell said samples of Chyenne's handwriting were sent to the state crime lab to find out if it matched the runaway note. O'Connell said the results did not lead them to believe there was foul play involved.

The Jo Daviess County Sheriff's Department has scheduled a press conference for 8 a.m. Friday.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Chyenne-Kircher-224322761.html

In a 2 p.m. Thursday afternoon media conference, Jo Daviess County, Ill. chief sheriff's deputy Dave Hachmeister said officials are excavating the body of missing East Dubuque, Ill. teen Chyenne Kircher from behind her home at 480 Wisconsin Avenue.
A second media conference at 4 p.m. will reveal more information, he said.
Hachmeister said Kircher's stepfather, 40-year-old East Dubuque man Terry Abbas, faces two counts of first degree murder stemming from the incident. He and his wife - Kircher's mother Lori Lyons - lived in the home with Lyons' son and daughter (Kircher).
http://www.kwwl.com/story/23475689/2013/09/19/east-dubuque-police-to-give-update-on-chyenne-kircher

Probably repeating some repeating some earlier posts, but trying to make sure the information is here, since the links no longer work after a period of time.

Abbas refused to be appointed a public defender, and served as his own representation during the arraignment. He remains jailed at the Jo Daviess County Public Safety Building in Galena.

The next hearing date for Abbas will be Wednesday, Oct. 2 at 10 a.m.

http://galenagazette.com

On Facebook, Terry Abbas lists a person named "Chy Chye Love" as his daughter. That person's profile appears to be Chyenne Kircher's with photos of the girl. He is also Facebook friends with Lori Lyons.
Since Wednesday night, more than a dozen vehicles have been parked on the lawn of 480 Wisconsin Avenue and officials, including those from the East Dubuque Police Department, Jo Daviess, Ill. Sheriff's Office, FBI and Illinois State Police, have been on the scene.
Hachmeister confirmed Abbas and Lyons are married. He declined to comment on whether any additional charges will be filed or any other people arrested.
According to KWWL's coverage partner the Telegraph Herald newspaper, Dubuque County public records show Lyons and Abbas married on Oct. 31, 2005
http://www.kwwl.com/story/23475689/2013/09/19/east-dubuque-police-to-give-update-on-chyenne-kircher

In an interview with KWWL in June of this year, Lyons said her daughter left a note behind saying she didn't want to be found, but that didn't make Lyons feel any better about her daughter's sudden and mysterious disappearance.
"What I want to do is go knock on every single door in America and ask if they've seen my kid," Lyons said in June.

This just breaks my heart for the Mother.

2Hope4 -
She was married to Terry according to records. Both men were living there when Chy was killed.
But she is in a complicated relationship with SS. So maybe it's polyamorous?
Or maybe they were no longer together but he was living there to be with his son?
I don't know.

Telegraph Herald ‏@TelegraphHerald 4m

Important to note: authorities are still excavating but have not yet found Chyenne Kircher's body. #edcrime

terry-abbas-in-custody.jpg

From Nov 23, 2011 7:11PM
EAST DUBUQUE, Illinois - It’s been about nine weeks since 14-year-old Chyenne Kircher left a note, telling her family she ran away.

Her mom says Chyenne functions below grade level and isn’t the type to do something like this.

It seems everyone in the small community of East Dubuque wants to find Chyenne Kircher.

Police Chief Steve O’Connell said, “There’s a very large percentage of people in this community who know Chyenne. We describe her as a social butterfly. She’s out and about and she can be anywhere in town. ”
http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Community-Rallies-in-Search-for-East-Dubuque-Teenager-134429788.html

Chyenne Kircher was 14 years old when she went missing on Oct. 12, 2011. She told her parents she was going to a friend's house between 3-4 p.m. Later that evening, about 11 p.m. a note, that appears to have been written by Kircher, was found in a car. The note indicated she was not coming home.

According to court documents, Abbas allegedly "strangled 'C.K.' with his hand, thereby causing the death of 'C.K.'"

Officials searched the wooded area behind the house at 480 Wisconsin Avenue in East Dubuque Sept. 19, looking to recover her body.

http://galenagazette.com/

Almost 2 years I've waited to comment on Chy's case here! :scared:

0vzn.jpg

I avoided commenting on Chy's case on Websleuths because the family was off limits. :angel:
Instead I focused on raising awareness elsewhere, contacting media, spreading her story.

I always hoped there would be a reporter that would take a special interest in her and push for answers.
I always hoped that if Chy got enough media attention the perp would snap and confess. :please:

This is what the runaway label does. It makes them wait 18 months to do anything. :banghead:
Then they realize the answer was right there the entire time, they just didn't look. :please:

ahjj.jpg

Can you imagine finding out that your missing daughter was buried in your backyard the whole time?
Her little brother played, her mother cried, the lawn got mowed and the perp looked out at her grave! :stormingmad:

They all lived in that house, searching for Chy, posting her pictures, crying for her to come home...
Her Mom posted to facebook from that house, trying to raise awareness, pleading for Chy to come home.

While one man pulled in the driveway, looked out the window & knew where she was the whole time. :banghead:

I hope her mother is getting a lot of support and being kept in the loop by LE.
Her daughter is dead, her husband killed her and she's been in the backyard the entire time.
This is an unbelievable triple blow to her, that would be tough for anyone to deal with. :please:

qrs4.jpg

This picture has always reminded me of Hailey Dunn. It's my favorite of Chy. :please:

Thanks, MsFacetious, I wish I had known you were working on Chyenne's case this whole time. I always have felt there were just a handful of us who actually cared.

I grew up in the next town over and my whole family still lives there. This case has always meant a great deal to me. I'm very glad Chyenne will finally get the justice she deserves.

KWWL ‏@KWWL 3m

Police still searching for body of East Dubuque teen Chyenne Kircher; stepfather suspected in death. http://bit.ly/1aOTOzC #kwwlat5

I know Chy's sister is also struggling a lot with this. This whole family is devastated.

Thanks, MsFacetious, I wish I had known you were working on Chyenne's case this whole time. I always have felt there were just a handful of us who actually cared.

I grew up in the next town over and my whole family still lives there. This case has always meant a great deal to me. I'm very glad Chyenne will finally get the justice she deserves.

There are several cases I work on but don't post on.
Part of it is time... part of it is that I can't post anything I find...
Part of it is that I like Websleuths and if I had posted on this case, I wouldn't be here anymore. :angel:

This case immediately screamed to me "she didn't run away." I never believed that.
My first thought was the stepfather and I never had another thought after that one.
I couldn't post about how I was 100% sure that he killed her so posting was kinda pointless.

I always tell myself there are others that read but don't post.
Chy's thread has 378 posts and 39,070 views! WOW!! :seeya:

I will try in the future to at least make my presence known in cases I'm following though.
I know what it's like to be dedicated to a case where only a handful of people care. :hug:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megaroniandcheese
Back