Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ClaireNC

Reaction score
FBI Seeking Tips on Peru Teen Abduction

I'm not sure where to post this:
The FBI is looking for a teenage girl from Peru, Illinois, after reports of a kidnapping on Monday, June 14th. FBI, Peru Police investigate kidnapping of Illinois teen | wqad.com

-Two men were seen forcing a teenage girl into a large white SUV in LaSalle County.
-Occurred around 5 a.m. near 7th and Plum streets in Peru, IL
- a person reported hearing a female screaming for help.
-police believe the girl is between 14 and 16-years-old.

Screaming teen girl forced into vehicle in LaSalle County, authorities say

60c7a8296d590.image_-354x400.jpg

Peru Police officials are asking the public to to call the FBI immediately with tips that may help identify the kidnappers or the victim at 312-421-6700 or directly to the Peru Police at 815-223-2151. (Picture of the vehicle)

Physical evidence was collected from the scene indicating the victim was taken against her will. Video surveillance indicates the suspect vehicle to be a large white SUV, possibly a Ford. Anyone with information is urged to call the Peru Police Department at 815-223-2151 ext. 0.
***This is an isolated incident***
200293865_3827856420657380_4265406006756901217_n.jpg

Physical evidence was collected from the scene indicating the victim was taken against her will. Video surveillance indicates the suspect vehicle to be a large white SUV, possibly a Ford. Anyone with information is urged to call the Peru Police Department at 815-223-2151 ext. 0.
***This is an isolated incident***
200293865_3827856420657380_4265406006756901217_n.jpg
Methinks that in order for LE to know that this is an isolated incident, they must have more information than they're disclosing publicly.

I wonder what took LE so long to release the info? Could they have been vetting it? 5 a.m. was an awfully long time ago. MOO If there were witnesses, do they have a rough sketch or description? There are so many white trucks/SUVs out there. What's a topper? Is that a cap on the truck bed, a bed cover, or something else altogether? TIA

The town is essentially surrounded by several highways, which means the driver could be headed in any direction.

jmo
The media advisory is out of the Chicago field office, but the suspects are believed to be traveling south into the Springfield Field Office. Their current direction of travel is unknown beyond that information. FBI Seeking Tips on Peru Teen Abduction

I wonder what took LE so long to release the info? Could they have been vetting it? 5 a.m. was an awfully long time ago. MOO If there were witnesses, do they have a rough sketch or description? There are so many white trucks/SUVs out there. What's a topper? Is that a cap on the truck bed, a bed cover, or something else altogether? TIA
I think at first they thought it was a pickup truck with a cap/topper. But now they are saying it was a large SUV. Possibly a Ford Excursion

It looks like they released the info to the public about 7 hours ago, so that was around noon local time. Most likely, law enforcement was alerted first before they made it public.

The 5am time is concerning. I'm wondering if she escaped from the abductors and they chased her down? Perhaps she's not even from Peru.

Maybe the vehicle stopped in the small town to fill up gas, for example, and she jumped out and ran, but was caught. (Not saying that is the case as we don't know anything yet.)

Just seems weird that no one in town is reporting a missing teen, so I'm thinking she might be from elsewhere. Peru is a small town and I am assuming this is big news. Does anyone in town know her?

jmo

The 5am time is concerning. I'm wondering if she escaped from the abductors and they chased her down? Perhaps she's not even from Peru.

Maybe the vehicle stopped in the small town to fill up gas, for example, and she jumped out and ran, but was caught. (Not saying that is the case as we don't know anything yet.)

Just seems weird that no one in town is reporting a missing teen, so I'm thinking she might be from elsewhere. Peru is a small town and I am assuming this is big news. Does anyone in town know her?

jmo
Wonder if she’s not a teen? I assume they have an age estimate from the witness, but IMO age is hard to guess for many folks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Best Online Jewellery Mar
Back