Found Safe IL - FBI: Possible Teen Abduction - Peru, IL - 14 June 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wonder if she’s not a teen? I assume they have an age estimate from the witness, but IMO age is hard to guess for many folks.
True. How is it known that this was a teenager? 5am is really early for a 14-16 year old to be out, even to wait for a school bus. Is school still in session? It is here in NJ, but I realize many midwestern states have already ended the school year. Possible she works at that hospital? That would be a time maybe for a shift change. Yet even LE doesn't know (or isn't saying) who she is.

I think at first they thought it was a pickup truck with a cap/topper. But now they are saying it was a large SUV. Possibly a Ford Excursion

It looks like they released the info to the public about 7 hours ago, so that was around noon local time. Most likely, law enforcement was alerted first before they made it public.
I agree, the back window looks more like an SUV to me however I'm no expert. IMO

Not to go into my own family but my DD is very tiny, she's a nurse and weighs about 110lb (wet), she's 23yrs old. Seeing as this was near a hospital ( from what I read) could this be personal? We have not heard of a missing child yet. Just thinking.

The 5am time is concerning. I'm wondering if she escaped from the abductors and they chased her down? Perhaps she's not even from Peru.

Maybe the vehicle stopped in the small town to fill up gas, for example, and she jumped out and ran, but was caught. (Not saying that is the case as we don't know anything yet.)

Just seems weird that no one in town is reporting a missing teen, so I'm thinking she might be from elsewhere. Peru is a small town and I am assuming this is big news. Does anyone in town know her?

jmo

I believe this is entirely possible given the time of incident. If this is the case, I hope she's able to successfully do it again. If it was nearby someone would have claimed an MP.
We have a 15 year old taken from my area and not a sign of her anywhere. She could be in Illinois or Florida by now. I'm hoping she manages to escape or leave clues.

Moo

Last edited:
Physical evidence was collected from the scene indicating the victim was taken against her will. Video surveillance indicates the suspect vehicle to be a large white SUV, possibly a Ford. Anyone with information is urged to call the Peru Police Department at 815-223-2151 ext. 0.
***This is an isolated incident***
200293865_3827856420657380_4265406006756901217_n.jpg

BBM I agree she might be older but LE seemed to know that’s she was taken against against her will and that she is a young girl ... maybe they found something of hers at the scene that indicates that she’s younger. Moo

True. How is it known that this was a teenager? 5am is really early for a 14-16 year old to be out, even to wait for a school bus. Is school still in session? It is here in NJ, but I realize many midwestern states have already ended the school year. Possible she works at that hospital? That would be a time maybe for a shift change. Yet even LE doesn't know (or isn't saying) who she is.
Very good thinking. She could be a hospital employee. She might have been leaving her shift rather than going to work - that would explain why no one was reporting as missing a shift. I hope today brings some answers or at least clues.

jmo

My thinking is also that maybe the girl was staying with friends and heading to friends or to work... My immediate thoughts aren't that the parents are neglectful that she hasn't been reported... They very well could have reported it and due to the situation they want to keep names private for safety... They said evidence was collected which leads me to believe they have a good idea the age range...

Physical evidence was collected from the scene indicating the victim was taken against her will. Video surveillance indicates the suspect vehicle to be a large white SUV, possibly a Ford. Anyone with information is urged to call the Peru Police Department at 815-223-2151 ext. 0.
***This is an isolated incident***
200293865_3827856420657380_4265406006756901217_n.jpg

BBM

1) What could have been found at the scene to indicate she was taken against her will? Sadly, the only thing I can imagine is blood. At first I thought perhaps a phone but IMO it wouldn't necessarily mean she was taken against her will.

2) How can they say this is an isolated incident of they do not know who, what, why?

This is a very scary one if a young person was just granted

could it be her family trying to get her off the street? this is so disturbing..lot of bad stuff going down on a daily basis..no one reporting her missing in Peru is concerning..

;0(

I wondered about this too. Possibly an intervention? But with the fbi and media attention one would think someone would have reached out to share what happened and that she's ok. MOO

BBM

1) What could have been found at the scene to indicate she was taken against her will? Sadly, the only thing I can imagine is blood. At first I thought perhaps a phone but IMO it wouldn't necessarily mean she was taken against her will.

2) How can they say this is an isolated incident of they do not know who, what, why?

This is a very scary one if a young person was just granted

This article shows a pink sandal was found.

FBI extends search for missing juvenile: new photo released

Pink sandal makes me think she was not a hospital employee as they tend to wear very sturdy shoes.

I'm back to thinking she was not actually from Peru.

I also feel a great sense of urgency in finding her.

jmo

I also think she probably wasn't from there. The shoe, 5 am and no one reporting a missing person in Peru makes me wonder if she was originally taken from elsewhere and they were passing through then she escaped briefly.

This is horrifying. Been thinking of this poor girl all day, please god bring her home safe wherever she is.

We are rooting for you young woman. As are the FBI and media and strangers from afar.

Beyond terrifying, my worst nightmare. No answers from me but I am praying the FBI know more and are checking the areas extensively, there must be CCTV in many other areas there including highway cams.

Anyone here on WS from this area or around this area? Any input from locals??

She certainly couldn’t wear sandals like that while working in a hospital but she could keep a uniform and shoes in a locker at work. It’s a frightening situation.
The hospital is within walking distance but it's not particularly close to where she went missing so it would be more likely if she was an adult, going to work, she'd be wearing the sensible shoes to walk in. Google Maps stops on 7th Westbound before you get to Plum but it appears to be full of modest homes. If she wasn't living there (with the likelihood of parents or roommates to share expenses, both of which would have likely reported her missing) what was she doing in the area at 5 a.m?

following. This case is regional (so somewhat local) to me.

The local stations are all over it.

abductors snatcher out of her shoe, photo of shoe at link. I agree despite it being described initially as a truck with a topper, I believe it is an SUV.

FBI extends search for missing juvenile: new photo released

According to the City of Peru Police Department, physical evidence was collected from the scene indicating the victim was taken against her will.

[snip]

Investigators also found a pink tie-dye "Rouge" sandal, size 7.5, in the area of the incident.

The FBI is providing investigative assistance to lead investigative agency Peru Police Department.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back