IL - Five killed, 21 injured in shooting at NIU campus, DeKalb, 14 Feb 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do not have a Facebook account...refuse to hack in on my kids.( though I did several years ago)....but I find those entries sad...
how must the families of the murdered students feel, in hearing such comment? "He was the bestest" ?
NOT! This was a well-planned operation of execution of innocent kids. This was not a case of a disturbed person suddenly snapping. And, she lived with him. If he was "turning his computer away from her, so she could not see what he was doing" ( an earlier report by the GF), then she should have snooped when he was away...
This strikes me as a Columbine type of case, with PLENTY of warning signs....

He certainly copy catted them. One of the Columbine shooters was on medication too and they both committed suicide after the slaughter. I remember some mass killings at schools before (not on the scale at columbine) but I don't recall any of them killing themselves after they were finished except for these two cases. Thank God Steven didn't kill more. His girlfriend sounds very young and it will be interesting to see what she tells the police. It sounds like right now she's trying to protect Steven's image. She doesn't seem to understand that mourners don't want to hear how cute he was and the bestest.

I am wondering why my links are being ignored, when others are thanked for theirs?
I live in the Chicago area, and in fact have a child at the school ( UIUC) where the killer was living with his girlfriend.
I also know many parents who have kids at NIU. This case is being closely followed here, and I would think that my links....and opinions should have some merit!

I have a son at UIUC and know how unsettling this is for everyone. He came out of class on Friday and there were reporters and cameras everywhere. He then realized his class was about 1 block away from the killer's apartment. He decided to drive home for the weekend to get away from it all. Your opinions do have merit...

She doesn't seem to understand that mourners don't want to hear how cute he was and the bestest.

I agree, but on the other hand this was a real person who had thoughts and feelings. Something happened that made him snap like a twig and do horrible things. That doesn't mean she should be as vocal as she is about him though.

Stories like these make me incredibly sad, not only for the victims and their families, but the pain and suffering the shooter must have endured to push him over the brink of sanity. I completely understand if no one else feels this way.

I am sorry, but this crime just does not seem like someone 'snapping"...I think that this was planned for a long time, and am wondering just how much the GF knew, and chose to overlook to to "keep her man" I read somewhere that this was an abusive relationship....according to a friend... Did you know that she is studying to be a social worker ( God help us) and is a graduate student?? How could you live with someone and not know that something odd was going on? His tattoos were certainly signs ( Very graphically violent).....
I feel sad only for the students whose lives were abruptly brought to a halt,and for their families. I wish that Steven had been man enough to just end it all...BY HIMSELF, without involving others.

Dryad, I am glad your son could get away for the weekend. This was such a random and meaningless crime....why kill those kids?
From the Chicago Sun Times
"The FBI is assisting in the search for answers, bringing in profilers from its Behavioral Analysis Unit in Quantico, Va., to compile a psychological evaluation of Kazmierczak, FBI agent Bill Monroe said.
Their work includes investigating whether Kazmierczak had any grudges against anyone at the university, or if he left behind a statement or letter that might explain why he attacked the DeKalb campus. "Right now, we don't have any sort of manifesto or anything along those lines," Monroe said."

I am sorry, but this crime just does not seem like someone 'snapping"...I think that this was planned for a long time, and am wondering just how much the GF knew, and chose to overlook to to "keep her man" I read somewhere that this was an abusive relationship....according to a friend... Did you know that she is studying to be a social worker ( God help us) and is a graduate student?? How could you live with someone and not know that something odd was going on? His tattoos were certainly signs ( Very graphically violent).....
I feel sad only for the students whose lives were abruptly brought to a halt,and for their families. I wish that Steven had been man enough to just end it all...BY HIMSELF, without involving others.

Surely at some point he must have snapped in order to begin planning a crime such as this. It's a sad situation all around.

Thursday, Feb. 21 2008
'The Northern Illinois University Murders Due to 'Chemical Imbalances' or 'Chemical Balancers' - Drugs?'
Fred A. Baughman Jr., MD, Neurologist/Child Neurologist

Writing of the Northern Illinois University shooter, Steven P. Kazmierczak, The New York Times (Benedict Carey, 2/19/08, A20) remarks " ... doctors say it is almost impossible to tell whether the spasms of violence stem in part from the drug reactions or the underlying illnesses." A girlfriend said Kazmierczac took Prozac to battle anxiety and compulsive behavior. While psychiatry (psychology too) and the pharmaceutical industry want anxiety, depression, elation impulsiveness, poor conduct, trouble with math, reading, writing, etc., portrayed as brain abnormalities/diseases/disorders/syndromes, so as to be able to portray their drugs as "treatments," throughout medical recorded history, there is no such thing as an demonstrable physical abnormality/disease in all of psychiatry.

Diseases of the brain, multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis-Lou Gehrig's disease, stroke, meningitis, etc., are the province of neurology, my specialty. This was assured in 1948 when the two specialties were formally split with "neuropsychiatry" becoming the separate, new specialties, "psychiatry" and "neurology." This means that the drugs prescribed by psychiatrists (and throughout mental health, by all sorts of doctors) are toxins/poisons, the first and only demonstrable abnormality/disease that psychiatric patients have. But today, patients are lied to -- told, for purposes of informed consent, that they have a disease or chemical imbalance. This gains their consent. Whether it is actual informed consent is irrelevant to the pharmaceutical companies. There is little doubt that without the "chemical imbalance" lie the epidemic psychiatric drug poisoning would be a small fraction of what it is today.
Full article: click here

Dr. Baughman's website: click here

Baughman email (see his CYA last line): click here

LOL. Guess you got me there. ;)

I found his position to be rather extreme and was curious what else he had written. Also, wrt "email" that should have read, "email correspondence." He was giving "medical advice" to a woman who had apparently written to him and then at the very end stated:

CAVEAT: We have no professional relationship

I personally found his comments in that em exchange to be grossly inappropriate at best and ethically reckless at worst. Which is why I included the link.

This doctor seems like a whack job, to say the least. Sometimes, especially in the case of mental illness, there is no choice but to give drugs, especially since mental patients are rarely locked up any longer ( unless they harm others, or themselves)
No, they are among us....at work, at college.....so if they are going to be loose, they must be medicated!
It is very clear that the NIU shooter had a long standing history of mental illness, which CULMINATED in the shootings.

Did I miss something? Did anyone else find it odd that the "goodbye" note that Jessica read on CNN was not handwritten? Did he actually send that note? He also included his last name- would you need to include that when you dated that person for 2 years???

My Dad gave my mom a Birthday card once and signed both his names. We mad such fun of him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson
Back