IL IL - Garren Rudolf Beller, 38, Chicago, 19 Nov 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.timesuniononline.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=224&ArticleID=44507

SYRACUSE - Indiana State Police are working to identify a body found in a ditch near Dewart Lake Wednesday morning.

Around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, a passerby noticed the body of an adult white male laying in a ditch about 10 feet off the east side of CR 400E, just south of CR 1050N.

http://newswithstaceypage.com/News.cfm?articleID=689

December 18, 2009
An autopsy is set for today on a male's body that was found Wednesday along CR 400E near Milford.

Body Identified as William Edmunson of Syracuse

http://newswithstaceypage.com/news.cfm?articleID=708

Nothing new on Garren Beller.
I can only hope that LE is following up on
where his cousins are and what happened in
IL.

I suppose anything is possible.

IMHO, perhaps Garren doesn't want to be found is also a possibility. It is not beyond reason to think he could very well be on the run if he found himself in trouble.

Is it possible if there was money involved that he might be traveling? Is there any indication from a partner/wife/gf that he was due back? Single guy traveling isn't too strange. Hasn't Oregon had a few people gone on walk about without realizing people were worried ?

Is it possible if there was money involved that he might be traveling? Is there any indication from a partner/wife/gf that he was due back? Single guy traveling isn't too strange. Hasn't Oregon had a few people gone on walk about without realizing people were worried ?

He flew to IL Nov. 15. He was seeing friends and relatives in IL and IN.
He was to come back on Amtrak Nov. 19, arriving in Portland OR Nov 21. He was not on the train.
Supposedly his ticket had never been used.
He was reported missing Nov 25.
The home he had been staying at while visiting exploded and burned to the ground Nov 23. No one home at the time, police say.

IN other people's opinion:
There have been allegations that drug money or drug buys are involved.
And only allegations, nothing substantiated.
RUMOR ONLY.

So, yes, he could be off skiing, it seems to be a favorite sport.

He flew to IL Nov. 15. He was seeing friends and relatives in IL and IN.
He was to come back on Amtrak Nov. 19, arriving in Portland OR Nov 21. He was not on the train.
Supposedly his ticket had never been used.
He was reported missing Nov 25.
The home he had been staying at while visiting exploded and burned to the ground Nov 23. No one home at the time, police say.

IN other people's opinion:
There have been allegations that drug money or drug buys are involved.
And only allegations, nothing substantiated.
RUMOR ONLY.

So, yes, he could be off skiing, it seems to be a favorite sport.

The below also Allegations/Rumor as related by friends of Garren:

Garren left his doggie(s) behind. Worried friend checked on the animal(s) and brought at least one to ex-gf's house. Cousin came and picked up the doggie from ex-gf, after she called cousin to tell him she had the dog.

(Hmmm, why would cousin care about the doggie that much under the circumstances? Doggie cannot talk. Bringing doggie with him to IN or NC? Why?)

IMHO - I'm sure by now LE is tracking the cell phone location or last calls, if it is at all possible. LE/family needs to talk to the cousins RS, TS and RS wife MM. Also friend MK and ex-gf JA. I'm sure they are already doing this also, it is just not public information.

If Garren is on an extended vacation, someone should whack him upside the head for scaring the heck out of family and friends when they find him.

To me there is no question that Garren went to IN to do something unsavory. The reason I say, and no one seemed to pinpoint this, was that WHY would he fly to Chicago and then take a train back?

The simple answer is that he was intending to pick up something that would never get through airport security. It could well have been drugs, cash or both. If it was cash, then he has some instant freedom.

As for blowing up the house, that is an easy one. Someone turned on the gas stoves (if they had pilot lights, they blew them out) and as the concentration of gas built up in the house, the pilot light from the hot water heater exploded the whole place. No bombs, no accelerant, just plain old gas meets flame routine.

FB page: New Search for Garren Beller:

IN detective seems to have all sorts of information on whereabouts
of Garren's family and friends.

I should clarify something in my post on this missing man. I did not mean to imply he actually took the train. He bought a one way plane ticket to Chicago and supposedly bought a train ticket back.

So whatever he went to the midwest to pick up he could not bring on a plane.

Well the panty-bomber shows just about anything can make it on a plane, unfortunately. Anyway, wasn't Beller in an argument or hadn't he thrown this man out of his home. Then went to "visit" him, half way across the USA. Doesn't fit. Travel by plane then train isn't totally unusual, but avoiding air port security would sure make sense. But going to see individuals you have fought with and not returning, thats concerning, and makes no sense.

No new news, really. The press is covering it, with the twist being that there was a fire at the home where he had apparently visited near Chicago,that info was posted here on day one. No body recovery, which is good. Still hopes for missing-by-desire.

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100109/NEWS/1090308

"ASHLAND — Friends of a local man who disappeared in November fear the worst after learning that a house in Indiana where he had been staying was destroyed by an explosion.

Northwest Indiana police are keeping in touch with Ashland detectives as they continue their search for 38-year-old Garren R. Beller.

Beller, who had an address in the 400 block of Liberty Street, went to visit friends and family in Indiana and Illinois on Nov. 15. He was last seen at Chicago's Union Station later that week and was scheduled to arrive in Portland via Amtrak on Nov. 21. A friend went to pick him up in Portland, but Beller never arrived.

No one has heard from him, which is unusual, police said."

When I saw that this thread was updated, I thought, oh my gosh, they have found him.
But no. Not yet.
Nice to see the local papers have not forgotten him.

Is the family making any statements or LE ?

Is the family making any statements or LE ?

There has been nothing in the news from the family.
The local police dept was quoted in the above article, which was essentially a recap of events.

I know FB page, which has lots of Garren's friends, really
push for answers.

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100215/NEWS/2150310
'snipped'

Sorry, Becky but there's no good news to report in the mystery surrounding 38-year-old Garren R. Beller's disappearance.
Police in the Midwest continue their investigation. Investigators with the Ashland Police Department continue to keep in touch with authorities in northern Indiana.
However, there has been no breaks in the case and Beller remains missing.
Beller, who had an address in the 400 block of Liberty Street, went to visit friends and family in Indiana and Illinois on Nov. 15. He was last seen at Chicago's Union Station later that week and was scheduled to arrive in Portland via Amtrak on Nov. 21. A friend went to pick him up in Portland, but Beller never arrived.
He hasn't been heard from since, police said.
Beller's local friends fear the worst after the Lake Eliza, Ind., house he was staying in mysteriously blew up on Nov. 23.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amber81
Back