Found Deceased IL - Gena Chiodo, 42, Calumet City, 13 Oct 2012 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

I thought so. :( After learning about how long they were inside the home collecting evidence, I just knew this was not going to have a good ending. I hoped the investigators in this case would charge without a body, if they had enough evidence, and it looks like they do and did.

Now we can only hope the responsible leads LE to Gena's remains so her family and friends can say goodbye to her properly.

I am glad to hear of an arrest this soon, but very sad the ending isn't going to be finding an alive and well Gena.

Our prayers for her family and friends. :rose:

So sick and tired of men hurting and killing women and children. May you rest in peace Gena and may you get justice!

Per Local NBC news broadcast this am, the suspect..her boyfriend is in custody, and is NOT cooperating with LE. This woman's body is somewhere, and this LOOOOOZZER is in jail, saying Nada. Locals in the area are searching for her body.

This creep has a history of Domestic Violence charges.
He is no Drew Peterson ( ex LE), however I am sure he learned something from Stacys disappearance.

A Cook County judge refused bail Sunday for the boyfriend of a missing Calumet City woman after a prosecutor described the bloody scene at her home where police said they found him Wednesday.

Assistant State’s Attorney Angela Carlisle also said Donal E. Clark, 42, spoke on the phone with his brother while in police custody and talked about telling police where they could find Gena Chiodo’s body “as long as he could get a deal.”

http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/...harged-with-murder-of-calumet-city-woman.html

According to the above article there was a lot of blood found throughout the home Gena shared with the person charged with her murder. So much blood as described in the article, I have no doubt prosecutors will get a conviction.

I don't want this to get a deal. I hope Gena is found before Clark fesses up to her location, so prosecutors can take any possibility of a deal off the table.

Praying searchers have good leads on possible locations to find Gena.
And while her family and friends wait for her remains to be recovered, I hope they find peace in knowing Gena is safe with her creator. :rose:

A Cook County judge refused bail Sunday for the boyfriend of a missing Calumet City woman after a prosecutor described the bloody scene at her home where police said they found him Wednesday.

Assistant State’s Attorney Angela Carlisle also said Donal E. Clark, 42, spoke on the phone with his brother while in police custody and talked about telling police where they could find Gena Chiodo’s body “as long as he could get a deal.”

http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/...harged-with-murder-of-calumet-city-woman.html

According to the above article there was a lot of blood found throughout the home Gena shared with the person charged with her murder. So much blood as described in the article, I have no doubt prosecutors will get a conviction.

I don't want this to get a deal. I hope Gena is found before Clark fesses up to her location, so prosecutors can take any possibility of a deal off the table.

Praying searchers have good leads on possible locations to find Gena.
And while her family and friends wait for her remains to be recovered, I hope they find peace in knowing safe with her creator. :rose:

Oh I hate that he holds the cards to her whereabouts, and is playing them to his advantage. That is so so wrong. It shows that he has no remorse, and certainly no soul. I wish somehow these perps who hold onto this info AFTER THEY HAVE COMMITTED HEINOUS CRIMES could be held accountable for that final cruelty. I understand plea deals are a necessary evil, but oh it seems so wrong to reward this despicable behavior.

RIP Gena. I wish things had turned out differently for you.

Authorities also say during a phone conversation with his brother, the suspect after his arrest on Thursday said he woke up and Chiodo was in his arms, covered in blood, and he said he tried to give her mouth-to-mouth.

That's also when the prosecutor all edges Clark talked about telling police where to find the body in exchange for a deal.

This afternoon concerned friends of Chiodo's continued to search <snip>

In court, prosecutors also say that Clark contradicted himself about his whereabouts.

Clark is due back in court on Tuesday.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8855117

According to the link in the OP, Gena went missing from the 1300 block of Price Avenue in Calumet City.

According to the map her home is very near a large forest preserve, Wentworth Woods.

1300 Price Avenue, Calumet City, IL - Google Maps

Let's hope she is found quickly and close to home. I'm hoping Clark was sloppy and didn't have a lot of time to hide her remains well.

Adding this site too as it might help with the search.

NecroSearch International is a volunteer multidisciplinary team dedicated to assisting law enforcement in the location of clandestine graves and the recovery of evidence (including human remains) from those graves.

The NecroSearch mission is to assist law enforcement agencies by providing applied research, training, and on-site investigations. NecroSearch scientists and investigators work on a volunteer basis.

http://www.necrosearch.org/

The Chicago Police ran Clark's plates on Sunday morning (the 14th). He was at 105th and Michigan. This is not one of the nicer neighborhoods in Chicago. No matter which route he took to get to this location he would have passed a few forest preserves and a couple of lakes...including Lake Michigan. I wonder what the heck he was doing in this area. 105th and Michigan is just south of where the Dan Ryan Expressway ends.

I'm very familiar with Calumet City and the surrounding communities and its really scary to think of all of the places he could have put her body. I did read the news article from the Sun Times that Cubby posted earlier today. This guy attempted to clean up the scene but did a very poor job of it so there is plenty of evidence to use against him. Honestly, this guy isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. I think if they can get his cell phone records and interview whoever he talked to they will be able to trace his steps and they will find her. I still cannont believe he was still sitting in the house when the police arrived to check on her. And yes, he was dumb enough to move a curtain to look out and that is why they decided to break down the door.

Gena's family is in my thoughts and prayers.

I read it in the link in your post (#24)...a Sun Times article not a video so no need to worry about sound. It was a very informative article.

thank you, Abbey5. I seemed to have missed that, or the article was updated since I linked it...... Which seems to be happening more and more lately. Articles being updated rather than new articles. Makes it easy to miss updates.....

From the Trib:

We just can't sit all day wondering," said her friend PN. "We know we are never going to see her again, but we need to get her back."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-cal-city-murder-20121022,0,7666631.story?page=1

Very informative article at the above link. Information about the crime scene, Gena's friends search for her remains, and notably evidence LE pulled/found from the garbage container/can behind the house. That evidence includes the missing shower curtain, or a missing shower curtain. Assuming only one was missing, LE has it in custody with their evidence. I had thought perhaps he wrapped her in the shower curtain, but with all the blood evidence in the bathroom, I think he may have bathed her before disposing of her remains. Easier in his mind to get her into his vehicle and away from their home.

Please Lord, let someone find Gena's remains before this :censored: gets the chance to plea. :please:

bumping for Gena. Praying she is found today. :praying:

This is just awful. There are a TON of forest preserves/lakes/rivers/creeks in the immediate area. It wouldn't be all that difficult for someone to disappear. There is also the HUGE Chicago dump, just a few miles north. I really hope that they find her soon.

The Huffington Post disclosed that her ex woke up with her bloodied in his arms according to what he told his brother. He is also willing to take them to the body for a deal. I bet he's wanting a ridiculous deal!!!

Huffington Post

"[Her employer was concerned] because she was [allegedly] in an abusive relationship," Mack said.

Chiodo's longtime friend, Patty Nasella, told United Press International that she believed Chiodo's relationship with Clark, whom she had been with for about 13 months, was dysfunctional.

"He was mean, cruel and abusive," Nasella said.

During police questioning, Clark allegedly told investigators that he had not seen Chiodo since Oct. 14, when they had a fight. However, following his arrest, Clark allegedly told his brother that he had woken up to find Chiodo in his arms covered in blood. He also allegedly said he would tell police where they could find her body if they cut him a deal, court documents state.

Clark due back in court later today. Not sure what is currently happening with the search, if LE is still actively searching or not. I hope they (LE) have not given up on recovering Gena's remains.

Awaiting new news in this case.... :waiting:

Nothing in MSM about today's court appearance.

Another WS'r sent me the following info:

A female body was found in Calumet Heights. No news if this is Gena.
Prayers for those who await identification of the remains found today in Calumet Heights.

The body was found by a utility worker about 10:05 a.m. in the 9100 block of South Harper Avenue, according to Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Daniel O'Brien.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...sag-by-fishing-party-20121023,0,7383253.story

1300 Price Ave, Calumet City, IL 60409 to 9100 S Harper Ave, Chicago, IL 60619 - Google Maps

The above is a map of where Gena went missing and where the remains were found. I am going to add a C to add where Clarks plates were run. From a quick glance, it appears the location a body was found is not far from where LE ran Clark's plates early Sunday morning.

C added in following map. The body appears to have been found within blocks of where LE ran Clark's plates.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1...gPH-ilRDUtS1iUOiDHfrrIJuNut9A&t=h&mra=ls&z=11

Praying for whomever is going to soon get news this is their loved one.
Even if it is not Gena, someone is about to get some life changing devistating news. :praying:

I know there was a group of volunteers out all day yesterday. They were checking a lot of wooded areas. It was a miserably cold and rain filled day. God bless them for looking for her. I pray they find her soon for her and her loved ones and friends. I just checked and still no report on a body found today.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-cal-city-murder-20121022,0,7666631.story?page=1

Very informative article at the above link. Information about the crime scene, Gena's friends search for her remains, and notably evidence LE pulled/found from the garbage container/can behind the house. That evidence includes the missing shower curtain, or a missing shower curtain. Assuming only one was missing, LE has it in custody with their evidence. I had thought perhaps he wrapped her in the shower curtain, but with all the blood evidence in the bathroom, I think he may have bathed her before disposing of her remains. Easier in his mind to get her into his vehicle and away from their home.

SBM

The information about the crime scene in this article gave me chills. I can't even begin to imagine what happened that night, very scary.

I really hope they find her body soon, this deserves to be locked up for what he has done, and certainly doesn't deserve any 'favours' for doing the right thing and leading LE to Gena's body.

Rest in peace, Gena.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back