Found Deceased IL - Gena Chiodo, 42, Calumet City, 13 Oct 2012 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Clark had two court appearances Tuesday.

One was before Judge Darron Bowden, who continued a preliminary hearing for Clark’s case to Nov. 9. O’Meara said he expects prosecutors will announce on that date a grand jury has indicted Clark on multiple charges, although as of Tuesday there is no such indictment.

He also had to appear before Judge Kathleen Panozzo, as he had been on conditional discharge for a domestic battery conviction involving a previous girlfriend. Prosecutors on Tuesday sought a court order saying that he violated the terms of his discharge, which are in effect through April 30.

Panozzo also will consider that issue Nov. 9.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_703f21bc-eb5b-559c-a798-81b56749ec42.html

Still checking for new information on Gena's case at least twice a day. Praying she is found soon so her family and friends can properly lay her to rest and say their goodbyes. :please:

I hope that she is found, too. I keep reading here hoping for updates. It's nice to hear about all of the searchers and heart-warming to see that she has family that cares. I wish there was more I could do from far away.

Only place Gena was mentioned in the news today is in an article mentioning a vigil for victims of domestic violence.

Still praying her remains are recovered soon. :praying: I do not want Clark to get a deal. His gloating makes me sick. :furious:

Checking in for updates daily. Praying for Gena's friends and loved ones. May tomorrow be the day she is found!

CALUMET CITY | Calumet City police on Thursday brought in a cadaver dog to continue the search for a missing hairstylist believed killed by her boyfriend.

Police Chief Edward Gilmore said a group of officers was using a dog on loan from the Chicago Police Department trained specifically to detect the scent of a corpse to search Thursday through wooded areas in Calumet City near the home of Gena Chiodo, 42.

<snip>
Gilmore refused to say exactly where police were searching. “We don’t want other people coming in and trampling the area,” he said.

Friends and relatives of Chiodo searched over the weekend and in recent days. Gilmore said the number of volunteers searching appears to have declined in recent days.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_0d21412f-e07a-59a5-a664-d089da241668.html

I wasn't aware LE was still requesting volunteers to assist with the search. I hadn't seen them request additional assistance since they cancelled the search Saturday morning. Kind of confusing. Is LE requesting assistance from civilians or not?

Still praying Gena is found soon, and preferably without the assistance of the :censored: who took her life. Please Gena show yourself, somehow, to those working so hard to find you!

A Cook County judge refused bail Sunday for the boyfriend of a missing Calumet City woman after a prosecutor described the bloody scene at her home where police said they found him Wednesday.

Assistant State’s Attorney Angela Carlisle also said Donal E. Clark, 42, spoke on the phone with his brother while in police custody and talked about telling police where they could find Gena Chiodo’s body “as long as he could get a deal.”

http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/...harged-with-murder-of-calumet-city-woman.html

According to the above article there was a lot of blood found throughout the home Gena shared with the person charged with her murder. So much blood as described in the article, I have no doubt prosecutors will get a conviction.

I don't want this to get a deal. I hope Gena is found before Clark fesses up to her location, so prosecutors can take any possibility of a deal off the table.

Praying searchers have good leads on possible locations to find Gena.
And while her family and friends wait for her remains to be recovered, I hope they find peace in knowing Gena is safe with her creator. :rose:

Good grief!! All the blood in various parts of the house and on the clothing and shoes and he says they had a fight? And he woke up with her all bloody in his arms?? What... did he suddenly develop amnesia? Sounds like the cops interrupted him in the process of cleaning up the evidence.

And his lawyer is disappointed that the judge didn't grant bail. Really. This is so obvious! I think the only hope for a deal is that he will get LWOP instead of the DP.

There is no longer a DP in Illinois..... so no chance on taking it off the table for LWOP.

Gena is not listed in NamUs :banghead:

http://www.namus.gov/

I don't think she's been located. I've tried entering MP's into NamUs, I prefer LE do it or family who has inside info do it. Too hard to have the necessary data otherwise, but it can be entered by anyone.

Hopefully a friend or family member sees this and is able to get Gena listed in NamUs.

Gena is still not listed in NamUs. :(

Calumet City man indicted in slaying of girlfriend

A Calumet City man accused of killing his live-in girlfriend, a Munster hairstylist, learned Friday he had been indicted by a grand jury.

Donol Clark, 42, appeared in court before Associate Judge Darron Bowden for a preliminary hearing, only to learn that a grand jury had returned an indictment against him. He is accused in the homicide of Gena Chiodo, who worked at a Munster hair salon.

That indictment charges Clark with two counts of murder and one charge of concealment of a homicide. Prior to the indictment, Clark had faced one count of murder.

<snip>

Cook County Assistant State&#8217;s Attorney Tom Driscoll said Friday&#8217;s court activity was part of the criminal procedure, and that the next court hearing Nov. 27, &#8220;will have more activity.&#8221;

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_f5b88f6a-0b90-5bb6-929d-387b4f9727e9.html

Still keeping Gena's family and friends in my prayers. Praying she is located so she can be laid to rest properly soon.

:bump:

Bumping for Gena. I am keeping her family and friends in my prayers this holiday.
I'm still praying to read news she's been located.

MARKHAM | Donol Clark entered a not guilty plea Tuesday in connection with the slaying of his live-in girlfriend, Gena Chiodo, whose body has yet to be discovered more than a month after her disappearance

<snip>

O’Meara, along with co-counsel Philip Coffey, filed a legal motion to begin the discovery process by which evidence is exchanged. Zelezinski scheduled a status hearing for Jan. 3.

<snip>

Clark said nothing during his two-minute court appearance. He is being held without bond at the Cook County Jail.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_967d831f-f771-5214-b040-010876f3154a.html

Warning huge photo of the perp at above link.

Still praying she is found before this :censored: can make a deal for the location of her remains.

Continuing prayers for Gena's family and friends.

I'm not local to the area in IN, but I think the following map of location where Gena went missing and where the body was found is fairly accurate. If not, someone please correct the location. According to google directions it's about 25 miles and 45 minutes from Gena's residence to the location the body was found. (US 41 is Wicker and Rte 2 is W 181st Ave in this area.)

1300 Price Ave, Calumet City, IL 60409 to Wicker Ave & W 181st Ave, West Creek, IN 46356 - Google Maps

Praying this is Gena so her family and friends can have closure, and it takes a possible deal off the table for the location of her remains. :please:

The body was found Sunday afternoon east of Route 41 and south of Route 2 near Lowell, Ind., according to the coroner's office. Authorities contacted Calumet City police because of the possibility it could be Gena Chiodo, 42, who disappeared Oct. 17, according to Calumet City Assistant Police Chief Dante Zorzi.

The body was wrapped in bedding, Zorzi said. An autopsy will be performed today and "hopefully that’ll give us some clues to identify the remains that we’ve found."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ssing-cal-city-woman-20121203,0,1295612.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back