IL - Human body found in rural storage unit after complaints of smell, Maquon, Oct 2022 - Richard Young *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So where's the artist? Who was the 2nd person living with them? Why didn't anyone suspect that it was the police chiefs body since they were living together and in a relationship? How did she have 2 active warrants, and have the courage to date a police officer?

I wonder if this is her first victim.

March 17, 2023

A death-involved case started in a storage facility in Maquon with an odor drawing attention and investigators discovering human remains– remains still not scientifically identified.

Now a judge has dropped some charges. Ashley Worby, first assistant state’s attorney in Knox County, talked about updates with Local 4 News.

Some charges dropped in case of body found in Knox County storage unit

October 4, 2024

View attachment 535459

Knox County Sheriff Jack Harlan has announced the arrest of Karen Doubet of Maquon for a Knox County warrant on a 2022 case for the homicide of Richard Young, according to a news release.

Wait. I'm confused. I know they were building a case against Marcy Oglesby, and dropped it, but where did Karen Doubet come from other than left field?

Wait. I'm confused. I know they were building a case against Marcy Oglesby, and dropped it, but where did Karen Doubet come from other than left field?
I was surprised to see this as well. Seems to me they would have had to work together to take him out. That’s just my opinion.

I was surprised to see this as well. Seems to me they would have had to work together to take him out. That’s just my opinion.
Exactly. I can't think of any other way considering what we know about the case. Very strange. At first I wondered if AI wrote the article and got it mixed up with a different murder! But nope, same case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbelle
Back