Found Deceased IL - Iñaki Bascaran, 23, left a bar, Chicago, 31 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Family and friends are planning to scour Chicago’s River North neighborhood on Monday evening for a 23-year-old man who was reported missing by police over the weekend.

According to authorities, Inaki Bascaran hasn’t been heard from since early Sunday morning. Bascaran was last seen at Celeste, located in the 100 block of West Hubbard, and family say that they have not heard from him since he left that location.

Police say Bascaran was last seen in the 800 block of West Newport.

web-inaki-bascaran.jpg

More at Family, Friends to Search River North for Chicago Man Reported Missing Over Weekend

Celeste is located at 111 W Hubbard Street Google Maps

800 block of West Newport Ave Google Maps

As family and friends of missing University of Illinois student Inaki Bascaran gathered Monday to search for clues about his disappearance in Chicago’s River North neighborhood, his father provided more details about the events that led up to him leaving an area bar on the morning he vanished.

Bascaran’s father Jose spoke to reporters outside of Celeste, the bar in the 100 block of West Hubbard where his son had gone with three friends on Saturday evening.

"He's a really good kid. This is not something that he would do," Jose Bascaran said. "There's a reason he's not getting in contact with us."

More at ‘Not Something He Would Do:' Family Seeks Clues in Disappearance of Inaki Bascaran

The article posted in this thread states he was ALSO seen at 800 Newport, not LAST seen which is different than what the police bulletin states (link to the bulletin in the MSM article at the end of my comment). Newport is not far from the shoreline but there is no easy way to directly walk there due to a VERY busy Lakeshore Blvd. Hubbard is only a couple of blocks from the river. He was asked to leave the bar because he was intoxicated. Glenview native missing in Chicago after Saturday night in the River North area

Was he last seen in River North or was he last seen around Newport? Lakeview is south of Newport and Halsted. He would have to just start walking south to get back to his Lakeview apartment. I can’t see him heading east toward the lake if he was trying to get home.
Unless he was so intoxicated he zig zagged all the way to Belmont Harbor and fell in the water. But if he was trying to get home I can’t see that as likely.
BUT Celeste is close to the river so he could have gone in. He would have been walking in the
opposite direction of Lakeview though. Lakeview is north, the river is south.

Family, Friends Search River North for Man Reported Missing Over Weekend

Bascaran was last seen at Celeste, located in the 100 block of West Hubbard, and family say that they have not heard from him since he left that location.

Police say Bascaran was also seen in the 800 block of West Newport.

Bascaran’s father, family and friends gathered outside of Celeste on Monday evening to organize a search for the missing man, seeking to retrace his last steps.

Iñaki Bascaran missing Chicago: CPD, friends and family continue search for man gone since weekend

His father said his son, a University of Illinois graduate and advertising professional, got separated from his friends and ended up outside the bar after 11 p.m. He said Iñaki texted his friends that he was outside the bar and trying to get back inside around 11:45 p.m. At 11:50 p.m., he texted again to say he was getting back in line to get into the bar.

Iñaki's father said he then FaceTimed with his roommate, who was not at the bar, and believed he was walking next to a Walgreens and heading home. That was the last communication he had with anyone. After that, a friend inside the bar texted Iñaki Bascaran at 12:15 a.m., but he never read the text.

No one knows if Bascaran was still walking home, or if his phone died, or if he called the Uber.

Family and friends have also looked at all Chicago emergency rooms and hospitals, and found nothing.

Was he last seen in River North or was he last seen around Newport? Lakeview is south of Newport and Halsted. He would have to just start walking south to get back to his Lakeview apartment. I can’t see him heading east toward the lake if he was trying to get home.
Unless he was so intoxicated he zig zagged all the way to Belmont Harbor and fell in the water. But if he was trying to get home I can’t see that as likely.
BUT Celeste is close to the river so he could have gone in. He would have been walking in the
opposite direction of Lakeview though. Lakeview is north, the river is south.

I live in Lakeview in Chicago, and according to friends and family he was last seen at Celeste, and he lives on Newport in Lakeview. While the police statement did indicate he was last seen on Newport, his family and friends say that is incorrect and he was last seen at Celeste.

The family and Inaki's friends created a great website here: inakibascaran.com

I live in Lakeview in Chicago, and according to friends and family he was last seen at Celeste, and he lives on Newport in Lakeview. While the police statement did indicate he was last seen on Newport, his family and friends say that is incorrect and he was last seen at Celeste.

The family and Inaki's friends created a great website here: inakibascaran.com
This website states that "he said he was at Walgreens", so there was a phone call or text exchange after he left Celeste, according to them.

And as always, there's a big river RIGHT THERE.

This website states that "he said he was at Walgreens", so there was a phone call or text exchange after he left Celeste, according to them.

And as always, there's a big river RIGHT THERE.

He said he was at Walgreens. To my knowledge, he was not last seen at Walgreens. There are a large amount of Walgreens within a few minute walk of Celeste, so I'm sure they are trying to figure out if any of them saw him or have video of him.

And yes, there is a river right there. I don't know if you are from Chicago? If not, I encourage you to do some Google street view around the river area. While it looks super easy to wander in from a normal map, you'll see that getting in to the river from River North either requires you to 1) jump off of a bridge or 2) go down a big flight of stairs to get level with the river front. Both are possible, and I'm sure they are worried about that. But, it's not quite as simple as accidentally walking in to the river.

The article posted in this thread states he was ALSO seen at 800 Newport, not LAST seen which is different than what the police bulletin states (link to the bulletin in the MSM article at the end of my comment). Newport is not far from the shoreline but there is no easy way to directly walk there due to a VERY busy Lakeshore Blvd. Hubbard is only a couple of blocks from the river. He was asked to leave the bar because he was intoxicated. Glenview native missing in Chicago after Saturday night in the River North area

Bars are full of intoxicated people. He must have been ousted for unwanted behavior. I wonder if anyone else was ousted at the same time, maybe for some kind of altercation. It's possible if a fight occurred inside it was continued outside.

This situation is altogether too familiar and sad. It's always a bar, intoxication with a river nearby. I feel so bad for his family.

According to THIS he has a "condition that puts him in danger," which sadly brings the river into play. There were also police scanner reports that night that may relate. Not sure about the rules here of sharing those details

I know they don't have to divulge the answer to this question, but I can't help but wonder what kind of "condition" makes them this worried? Mental (ie, depression or something else)? Physical?

If you are referring to items on the Chicago scanner accounts or hashtag on Twitter, those are all merely things that were called in and not necessarily verified. Anything there should be treated as a report and not as fact. I would imagine that means it cannot be posted here.

I know they don't have to divulge the answer to this question, but I can't help but wonder what kind of "condition" makes them this worried? Mental (ie, depression or something else)? Physical?

If you are referring to items on the Chicago scanner accounts or hashtag on Twitter, those are all merely things that were called in and not necessarily verified. Anything there should be treated as a report and not as fact. I would imagine that means it cannot be posted here.
Intoxicated could be construed as a "condition" that would endanger him, but with the info we have now that's just my opinion. It's been mentioned several times from news articles posted here that he texted near a Walgreens. There's one fairly close to the bar he was at, and very close to the DuSable Bridge over the Chicago River.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodapop99
Back