Found Deceased IL - Iñaki Bascaran, 23, left a bar, Chicago, 31 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Intoxicated could be construed as a "condition" that would endanger him, but with the info we have now that's just my opinion. It's been mentioned several times from news articles posted here that he texted near a Walgreens. There's one fairly close to the bar he was at, and very close to the DuSable Bridge over the Chicago River.
Interesting & good thought.
I think of things like asthma, or diabetes and needing insulin or having seizures and needing medication. Or even something like mental illness of some sort. The possibilities are quite endless, relatively speaking. MOO.

I live in Lakeview in Chicago, and according to friends and family he was last seen at Celeste, and he lives on Newport in Lakeview. While the police statement did indicate he was last seen on Newport, his family and friends say that is incorrect and he was last seen at Celeste.

The family and Inaki's friends created a great website here: inakibascaran.com
Good info, thanks!

There has to be security cameras on businesses and streets in River North, near the bar he was last seen at. I am hoping they caught him walking and at least know what direction he was headed.

I live locally, and yes, there are TONS of security cameras in that area. There are tons of bars, restaurants, stores, condo buildings. I'm actually quite surprised nothing else has been released yet in regard to where else he might have walked by or went in.

According to the family's website, they have hired a private investigator (Finding Inaki Bascaran).

They also posted an update that "His iPhone and Apple Watch are dead. His last Uber was to Celeste. There have been 0 charges to his credit, debit, or public transit (Ventra) cards."

When this first happened, another thought of mine was whether he got in to a "fake" Uber and something unfortunate happened there, but it appears he did not request an Uber, so that is not likely.

NOV 3, 2021
Friends, family hope for safe return of missing man last seen at River North bar | WGN-TV (wgntv.com)
[...]

The 23-year-old University of Illinois graduate hasn’t been seen since late Saturday night when he went out with friends to a bar in River North. One of his roommates said Bascaran FaceTimed him after midnight Sunday, telling his roommate he was near a Walgreens and coming home, but he never arrived.

Friends say Bascaran’s phone died and believe he may have attempted to walk the five miles home.

[...]

NOV 4, 2021
Inaki Bascaran Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
[...]

... He left the bar Celeste in Chicago’s River North neighborhood and told his roommate that he was heading home to their apartment in Wrigleyville, which is located about 4.5 miles from the bar,” it says.

[...]

missing.jpg

[...]

Last seen in the area of the 800 Block of W. Newport ... Known to visit the 100 Block of W. Hubbard.

His website says, “He was last seen at Celeste in River North at 11:39 PM. He was wearing a gray long sleeve shirt, blue pants, and black vans with a white stripe, and an Apple Watch.”

[...]

According to his website, the last contact with Iñaki “was at 12:04am on 10/31/2021. After leaving Celeste, Iñaki FaceTimed a friend and stated that he was outside of a Walgreens. This could be any Walgreens within walking distance of Celeste.”

It continues. “He then said he was on his way back to his apartment in Wrigleyville. It is approximately a 4.5 mile walk from Celeste to Wrigleyville. His iPhone and Apple Watch are dead. His last Uber was to Celeste. There have been 0 charges to his credit, debit, or public transit (Ventra) cards.”

[...]

Interesting article. The area in which the bar Celeste is located is very busy- there are many high-end restaurants, bars/clubs, hotels nearby…I think it is so strange that they either haven’t been able to create a video footprint or they aren’t sharing one publicly. In this article I posted below, the PI says “the answers are not in the phones or the cameras.” I am baffled as to how they can’t piece it together, especially since they started searching within 24 hours. JMO

A 23-year-old Chicago man mysteriously vanished after a night out. Now his friends are mobilizing to find him.

I’m originally from Chicago so I found this interesting. The city has the highest amount of cctv cameras in the US. Adjusted for population, Chicago ranks # 8 on cameras/people.

it’s obviously a heavily surveilled city. Hopefully that can provide some answers.

CCTV surveillance in the most populated cities in the United States - Comparitech

Last edited:
Oh no! :(:(:(

Body recovered from Chicago River identified as missing 23-year-old Lakeview man | WGN-TV (wgntv.com)
[...]

Police said a body was recovered Friday evening near the 1000 block of South Wells Street. Sources told WGN the body was identified as Inaki Bascaran, a 23-year-old Lakeview man who had been missing since Halloween.

[...]

Bascaran was last seen in the 100 block of West Hubbard Street, approximately 2 miles from where the body was recovered. ...

[...]

Rest in peace, Iñaki.

g40027.gif
So very sad. Thinking of his family tonight.

Body recovered from Chicago River identified as missing 23-year-old Lakeview man | WGN-TV (wgntv.com)
[...]

Police said a body was recovered Friday evening near the 1000 block of South Wells Street. Sources told WGN the body was identified as Inaki Bascaran, a 23-year-old Lakeview man who had been missing since Halloween.

[...]

Bascaran was last seen in the 100 block of West Hubbard Street, approximately 2 miles from where the body was recovered. ...

[...]

Rest in peace, Iñaki.

g40027.gif

[...]

[...]

[...]

Rest in peace, Iñaki.

g40027.gif

His family and friends are heartbroken, of course. My work bestie’s sister was very close with him from their time together at the University of Illiniois, and she’s inconsolable.

Given that no info was released by the PI all week, I’m wondering if they do have video of him going into the river. There was a report from an eyewitness on another site that sounded very credible; if he did enter the river there, I feel confident they would have it on camera. Maybe they’ve spent the whole week focused on recovery with the divers. Sheer speculation on my part- JMO. If I learn anything from my friend, I’ll report back (if I’m allowed to).

NOV 6, 2021
Cause, Manner of Death Still Pending in Case of Iñaki Bascaran, Missing 23-Year-Old Pulled from Chicago River – NBC Chicago
The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office has not yet determined a cause nor manner of death in the case of Iñaki Bascaran, the missing 23-year-old pulled from the Chicago River Friday evening.

After conducting an autopsy examination, the medical examiner listed both Bascaran's cause and manner of death as "pending," according to the report released Saturday afternoon.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodapop99
Back