GUILTY IL - Jacob Wheeler, 22, & Jessica Evans, 17, White County, 25 Aug 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He could have been in the back of a truck. I wouldnt want someone drunker than a skunk sitting that close to me in the cab.
Wasnt there blood in his truck and surely moving Jakes body he got blood over him. Im surprised the gf didnt notice bloody laundry.

http://www.carmitimes.com/article/20120913/news/120919438

I hadn't seen this in other articles:

Three items were found, Maier said, including a car air freshener, a glow stick similar to one found in Coston's truck and a bottle of Old Spice body wash.
Maier said the body was wash was significant because a Wal-Mart receipt for Old Spice body wash and Old Spice deodorant was found inside Wheeler's pickup along with a bottle of Old Spice deodorant.

According to the article, it looks like these items were located at the site where Wheeler was taken by Coston.

Some more about the girlfriend's story:

Maier said Brown told him Coston had returned home late Saturday or early Sunday and had went to the river to go fishing.
Maier said Brown told her Coston was gone for some time and she became worried about him, so she drove the river to check on him, claiming knowledge of the area where Coston would typically go to fish.
Maier testified that Brown told him she located Coston in that area and that he was talking to a male.

I think this is a poorly written article but it seems like there is confusion with all articles regarding Maiers testimonial. There are so many articles by these papers and would be nice to create a timeline. Does anyone know of a website we can all access that these articles could be added to for reference?

Do you know of any sex oriented murder cases where a girlfriend has helped her boyfriend rape and murder another woman? I'd be interested in reading about that.

Karla Homolka. Actually one of the raped/murdered victims was her sister, she drugged her on Christmas Eve or something like that.

She is out of prison and living as a free citizen in Canada. Of course, there are a lot of citizens that are keeping an eye on her and making sure her neighbors and employers know who she is.

Karla Homolka. Actually one of the raped/murdered victims was her sister, she drugged her on Christmas Eve or something like that.

She is out of prison and living as a free citizen in Canada. Of course, there are a lot of citizens that are keeping an eye on her and making sure her neighbors and employers know who she is.

Actually Karla Homolka is living in the Carribean now. If you google her name you will see an article from The National Post about a book that has been written called "Finding Karla".

Actually Karla Homolka is living in the Carribean now. If you google her name you will see an article from The National Post about a book that has been written called "Finding Karla".

I just saw that - she married her lawyers brother and has THREE KIDS!

http://www.carmitimes.com/article/20120913/news/120919438

I hadn't seen this in other articles:

Three items were found, Maier said, including a car air freshener, a glow stick similar to one found in Coston's truck and a bottle of Old Spice body wash.
Maier said the body was wash was significant because a Wal-Mart receipt for Old Spice body wash and Old Spice deodorant was found inside Wheeler's pickup along with a bottle of Old Spice deodorant.

According to the article, it looks like these items were located at the site where Wheeler was taken by Coston.

Some more about the girlfriend's story:

Maier said Brown told him Coston had returned home late Saturday or early Sunday and had went to the river to go fishing.
Maier said Brown told her Coston was gone for some time and she became worried about him, so she drove the river to check on him, claiming knowledge of the area where Coston would typically go to fish.
Maier testified that Brown told him she located Coston in that area and that he was talking to a male.

I think this is a poorly written article but it seems like there is confusion with all articles regarding Maiers testimonial. There are so many articles by these papers and would be nice to create a timeline. Does anyone know of a website we can all access that these articles could be added to for reference?

BBM

This seems to imply that Coston drove Jake's truck to the place where he dumped him. My thinking is those items fell out while he dumped Jake. Am I wrong? Does it make any sense that he would take those things out of Jake's truck and put them in his before he drove to where he took Jake? I don't think it does.

I'm starting to doubt the gf. I don't believe that Coston ever talked to Jake and Jessie. I think he stalked them and ambushed them.

MOO

BBM

This seems to imply that Coston drove Jake's truck to the place where he dumped him. My thinking is those items fell out while he dumped Jake. Am I wrong? Does it make any sense that he would take those things out of Jake's truck and put them in his before he drove to where he took Jake? I don't think it does.

I'm starting to doubt the gf. I don't believe that Coston ever talked to Jake and Jessie. I think he stalked them and ambushed them.

MOO

I believe it's the spot where JW stopped his truck and was shot, on CR 2210.

Maier testified the location where Wheeler was shot was located by authorities and processed as a crime scene. Three items were found, Maier said, including a car air freshener, a glow stick similar to one found in Coston's truck and a bottle of Old Spice body wash.

How these items fell out of JW's truck is puzzling, since I doubt he had them on him at the time he was shot. ?? Also the fact that the two shell casings were found in JW's truck. We can account for one with DC sticking the gun in the window and shooting him, but the second one???
Maybe Jake tried to defend himself.....or DC missed in trying to shoot Jessi there at the same time? Will ballistics be able to tell whose gun the casings came from? DC's final story doesn't add up.

I think DC's gf knows more....and may have sung by now, imo; because her story is not making sense either. If someone is going to take their boat out they are not just contemplating being gone an hour or two,imo; so why did she return to check on him....and why was she still awake to worry at that time of the night? kwim?

JMO

BBM

MOO

These items were found at the location Jake was shot not where he was dumped. It makes me wonder if there was some kind of struggle between either Jake and Coston or Jessie and Coston which caused the items to fall out.

BBM

MOO

That's the way it reads to me. However, according to another report blood was found in the back of Coston's truck. Is it possible the first crime scene was located where Jake was found? That would make more sense if those items were found there. But why would there be blood found in Coston's truckbed? I'm not sure that this article was written correctly, especially as this is the first I've heard of this. Maybe the body wash and deodorant belonged to Coston. Or he might have taken Jake's bodywash to wash himself off and it fell out of his pocket. Not sure about the other two items unless they fell out of Coston's truck.

It's looking more and more like Coston stalked them. The killings may have escalated from that.

MOO

I believe it's the spot where JW stopped his truck and was shot, on CR 2210.

Maier testified the location where Wheeler was shot was located by authorities and processed as a crime scene.

Okay... reading it again it looks like they located the area where Jake was originally shot. That would confirm Coston coming back with his truck and blood being found in the truckbed. I'm wondering if these items fell out of the cab with Jake. Could Coston have been in the truck, holding them at gunpoint. Jake may have tried fighting him and Coston shot him then. I still think it's amazing he could do all this drunk! The g/f knows more (MOO).

I don't have the links for the articles....but one article spoke to him being "drunk" at the Legion hall and the other said something about normal self, not real drunk.

I think we have people reporting so they can have their 15 minutes of fame or drawing sides.

I'm not sure if he was what I would call "falling down drunk"...

He wanted Jess and he shot Jake to get her. Like we had previous said, he took out the stronger one first and by surprise...

We also have to remember that the testimony is what he told during each interview....keep changing story to meet his need...to place blame on someone else...all his actions are because what someone said/did to him....i can't believe he doesn't have a violent past....

I don't have the links for the articles....but one article spoke to him being "drunk" at the Legion hall and the other said something about normal self, not real drunk.

I think we have people reporting so they can have their 15 minutes of fame or drawing sides.

I'm not sure if he was what I would call "falling down drunk"...

He wanted Jess and he shot Jake to get her. Like we had previous said, he took out the stronger one first and by surprise...

We also have to remember that the testimony is what he told during each interview....keep changing story to meet his need...to place blame on someone else...all his actions are because what someone said/did to him....i can't believe he doesn't have a violent past....

Interview 1---Wasn't there and talked to no one. Was there FRIDAY night..not Saturday.

#2--Was there Sat night.... the whole "Jessi was attracted to me" and her and I left in JW's truck and had sex. :what: JW beat her with the butt of his gun and then shot her twice. I saved the day and rassled the gun away and then shot JW in defense of Jess. He must have been smokin' somethin' during that one!!

#3- Is what we have heard from the Sheriff in testimoy. For some reason he wanted JW to stop the truck on the ride home....and just got out...or jumped from the bed of truck...put his gun to Jake's head and shot him....and we still don't know what precipated that action.

#4-Took place the day after, Sept 1st, JW's body was found...and DC refused to talk.

You know we may never get the true answers to how it all went down, but I believe LE have enough evidence on him for proof he committed the acts...and it's just a matter of time before he's behind bars. :jail: I too hope he pleads guilty and spares not only the victims families...but his own family as well. IMO

It's been stated his X is still in IL. Why?

Ahhh. . .thanks for clearing that up for me guys. No wonder it wasn't making any sense to me.

So the shell casings were inside the truck? Hmmm. . .I think I agree with the poster who said maybe Coston was driving and holding them at gunpoint, there was a struggle and then he shot Jake. It makes more sense of those things falling out if he had to drag Jake from the middle seat. But who knows. :confused:

Maybe the items were in the door of the truck, or the floorboard, and they fell out when Jacob fell out? I don't really believe that he fell out on his own; I think Coston pulled him out.

Also the fact that the two shell casings were found in JW's truck. We can account for one with DC sticking the gun in the window and shooting him, but the second one???
Maybe Jake tried to defend himself.....or DC missed in trying to shoot Jessi there at the same time? Will ballistics be able to tell whose gun the casings came from? DC's final story doesn't add up.

Ballistics will only be able to tell which gun they came from if they have the gun to compare it to. So far, they have not found either Coston or Jacob's gun.

That's the way it reads to me. However, according to another report blood was found in the back of Coston's truck. Is it possible the first crime scene was located where Jake was found?

Jacob was killed where he was found, unless he was taken hostage and driven away, then killed later. So far, nothing has indicated that was the case. His body was dumped in Wayne County. Probably a good 20 minutes away, at least. The blood could have been in the back from when Coston transported the body.

You know we may never get the true answers to how it all went down, but I believe LE have enough evidence on him for proof he committed the acts...and it's just a matter of time before he's behind bars. I too hope he pleads guilty and spares not only the victims families...but his own family as well. IMO

I hope so too, but I agree with BeenAroundTheBlock- he will most likely plead not guilty and go to trial. I realized the other day that if the trial stays in this county, I could be called for jury duty. ?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondgirl#7
Back