GUILTY IL - Jacob Wheeler, 22, & Jessica Evans, 17, White County, 25 Aug 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Coston told the officers he climbed into the bed of Wheeler’s truck for the ride home.

BBM: I smell hink. Why would it be be important to DC to tell this? If he was asked by LE then this the answer... it wouldn't be so important, but this says he told them...volunteered the info. Maybe he didn't and is distancing himself from what could have taken place in the cab...argument..getting fresh, etc.....or is there the possibility that he snuck or jumped into the bed when JW and JE were trying to remove themselves from his presence?

I think you're right about distancing himself. However, it could also be that Jacob's truck only had two front seats, like bucket seats, instead of one long bench seat. So Coston would have had to sit in the back.

Jessie did not have consensual sex. That is insulting.

I agree that they should say "rape" or "assault" instead of sex, but I don't think they are trying to imply that Jessi consented to anything. Coston is the one saying that to try to make himself look less guilty. It's what sociopaths do. And maybe, in his own mind, he has really convinced himself it was consensual.

I must wonder, DC was "hitting" on women and getting turned down. Then he RAPED and killed Jessica; all the while, he has a GIRLFRIEND at home!!! He had someplace to go and "get a little", yet he helped himself to a beautiful girl that didn't want him.

My mom and I talked about this today. She said he probably wanted something unfamiliar. Someone he didn't already have. Like you said, it's about power and control.

Not sure, but I believe today was just a probable cause hearing. The prosecution has to lay out enough evidence to convince the judge that there is probable cause for an actual trial. They do not have to lay out all of their evidence at this point, and they don't have to play the actual tapes of the interviews or present physical evidence (I think).

When this actually goes to trial, the prosecution is required to share all of their evidence with the defense, so that the defense has a chance to respond to it. The defense does not have to share their strategy or witnesses with the prosecution.

I believe the defense will be given the discovery at his arraignment on the 19th, but not sure if the confession tapes are part of it. I imagine so, but not sure. Thanks.

Not sure, but I believe today was just a probable cause hearing. The prosecution has to lay out enough evidence to convince the judge that there is probable cause for an actual trial. They do not have to lay out all of their evidence at this point, and they don't have to play the actual tapes of the interviews or present physical evidence (I think).

When this actually goes to trial, the prosecution is required to share all of their evidence with the defense, so that the defense has a chance to respond to it. The defense does not have to share their strategy or witnesses with the prosecution.

I was mistaken about the discovery date. This is from the radio WRUL site:

Nearly an hour into the proceedings, both sides rested and Judge Thomas Sutton determined the state had shown probable cause and set an arraignment date for September 19th, next Wednesday at 9am. The state is set to provide initial discovery by October 30th.

http://www.wrul.com/news_detail.php?ID=30esi

That case in here on WS. She very well could have been a participant by her own choice. IMO I say it again and again, we all need to be wary of the female gender as well these days. It tends to go over our heads because of the nurturing nature women are presumed to have....in many instances it is just one of the masks they are wearing. Beware! If need be, google women murders. In many cases, imo, they are more cold hearted and violent than men.

ITA! I've always said many cold cases could be solved by merely going back and focusing on women as suspects. Until the past decade or so many LE did not consider a woman to be capable of being actively involved in what would typically be male oriented murders. Especially sex oriented murders against women and children. Sandra Cantu's murder is a good example.

I really wish in these articles they would use the word rape instead of sex. There was nothing remotely sexual going on here where Jessie was concerned. She was raped. She had just witnessed someone she cared for being murdered and left on the side of the road. She was terrified. She feared for her life and rightfully so. She was screaming and pleading for her life.

http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk/commonmyths2.php

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/1990/07/22/the-mind-of-the-rapist.html

Brooke Wilberger's murderer made her kidnapping and rape sound like a <modsnip> d*mn date. It's disgusting how these guys twist the truth.

ITA! I've always said many cold cases could be solved by merely going back and focusing on women as suspects. Until the past decade or so many LE did not consider a woman to be capable of being actively involved in what would typically be male oriented murders. Especially sex oriented murders against women and children. Sandra Cantu's murder is a good example.

Do you know of any sex oriented murder cases where a girlfriend has helped her boyfriend rape and murder another woman? I'd be interested in reading about that.

Have you read about Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo? Or the Gallegos couple? I'm trying to think of others.......

Below is a link to a very long list of male-female couples who kill together from a Wiki entry for the show, Wicked Attraction, on the Discovery Channel.

Wicked Attraction is a true-crime television series on Investigation Discovery which began airing in the United States in 2008. The series focuses on how two seemingly ordinary people can come together to commit heinous crimes, thereby forming a "wicked attraction."

Wicked Attraction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is BS&#8230;. This monster had almost a week to think up a scenario;

The only things certain are:

A) He murdered Jacob
B) He raped and murdered Jessica (who know in which order).

First, was it ever mention of evidence of Jacobs&#8217;s body being on county road 2210 N? (Could he have said this to get a reaction)

The Girlfriend&#8230;. I am not totally convinced we have heard the last of her&#8230;.
I have the feeling she is way over her head&#8230;.IMO she involved in the murders and or helped in the attempt to dispose of evidence.

IMO&#8230;
I Personally the whole boat issue is a lie.
I Personally the whole him riding in the back of the truck is a lie.
IMO&#8230;
We will never know the whole truth&#8230;
we know he murdered them&#8230; lock him up

I believe he rode in the back of the truck, if he was actually ever in the truck. We know Jake's blood was found on the driver's side door jamb but that doesn't prove DC was in the back/truck at all. Jake could have been in the truck trying to leave DC. A dodge Dakota is small. It makes sense that Jake would Have him in the back- both as a layer of security and because of space. My ex had a Dakota that was a standard. Only two people could ride in it because the shift was in the way of someone siting comfortably in the middle.

I really wish in these articles they would use the word rape instead of sex. There was nothing remotely sexual going on here where Jessie was concerned. She was raped. She had just witnessed someone she cared for being murdered and left on the side of the road. She was terrified. She feared for her life and rightfully so. She was screaming and pleading for her life.

http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk/commonmyths2.php

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/1990/07/22/the-mind-of-the-rapist.html

If you are referring to this article: http://m.courierpress.com/news/2012/sep/12/details-emerge-killing-southern-illinois-couple-su/

The reason they didn't use the word rape is because they are telling us what Coston said. I would think the journalists know how absolutely untrue this (I have no word for him)'s words are. It also gives us some insight into how these (whatever they are) twist things to make sound like it was okay??? :banghead::banghead:

On another note - there have been some journalists I have contacted directly, especially when they say an 11 year old "had sex" with some 25 year old and explained that an 11 year cannot possibly "have sex" because they cannot legally consent. Most of the journalists I have contacted have been very kind and receptive and followup stories have used proper wording such as "rape" or "sexual battery."

I have an excellent paper that I often send to journalists describing/instructing on rape cases. I'll see if I can find it and relink it here, just FYI.

Salem

My heart goes out to these families. I just cannot imagine they pain they are in :( and if this (whatever he is) pushes to go to trial, the pain that will be continually inflicted on them until it is over.

If he has any decentcy at all, he will plead guilty and leave these families alone.

Lots of cyberhugs to them,

Salem

I agree that they should say "rape" or "assault" instead of sex, but I don't think they are trying to imply that Jessi consented to anything. Coston is the one saying that to try to make himself look less guilty. It's what sociopaths do. And maybe, in his own mind, he has really convinced himself it was consensual.

My mom and I talked about this today. She said he probably wanted something unfamiliar. Someone he didn't already have. Like you said, it's about power and control.

I think the hitting on woman at the Legion wasn't about wanting something different but about being able to conquer. . .it's about power, not sex. Because he could have had sex at home. He wanted to feel powerful. When he was shot down. . .it made him angry and he was going to satisfy his need to dominate someone anyway. . and that's what he did.

I don't believe any of his bullcocky about wanting to go fishing. . .the rape was his plan from the beginning.

MOO

This is BS…. This monster had almost a week to think up a scenario;

The only things certain are:

A) He murdered Jacob
B) He raped and murdered Jessica (who know in which order).

First, was it ever mention of evidence of Jacobs’s body being on county road 2210 N? (Could he have said this to get a reaction)

The Girlfriend…. I am not totally convinced we have heard the last of her….
I have the feeling she is way over her head….IMO she involved in the murders and or helped in the attempt to dispose of evidence.

IMO…
I Personally the whole boat issue is a lie.
I Personally the whole him riding in the back of the truck is a lie.
IMO…
We will never know the whole truth…
we know he murdered them… lock him up

BBM

I'd like to know that too. I also don't think that he was riding in the back of the truck.

I actually think it's more likely that he snuck up on them while they were sitting in the truck.

MOO

BBM

I'd like to know that too. I also don't think that he was riding in the back of the truck.

I actually think it's more likely that he snuck up on them while they were sitting in the truck.

MOO

Could he have been a voyeur?....

was watching Jake and Jessie kiss?...

Was he hiding/watching in the back of the truck?

Just an idea!

Or , like another poster said...

could he have jumped into the back of the truck some other way?

Could he have been a voyeur?....

was watching Jake and Jessie kiss?...

Was he hiding/watching in the back of the truck?

Just an idea!

Or , like another poster said...

could he have jumped into the back of the truck some other way?

Has anyone seen the print edition yet and was there anything new in it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123
Back