GUILTY IL - Jacob Wheeler, 22, & Jessica Evans, 17, White County, 25 Aug 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks, Simp!!

It has been a long day and I appreciate your post!!

He (I refuse to use his name) can keep changing his story but when the evidence is presented, the truth will come out and his "fish will be fried".

I like the Disclosure; it's like a school newspaper from the 70's!!

score

I wish we had a paper like that in our area.

I think the truth lies somewhere in between both stories. Maybe earlier that day DC and his girlfriend stopped and talked to the fishermen- Jake & Jess. Girlfriend goes wherever then DC goes to the legion and parties. He remembers Jake and Jess are at the campsite so he stops because he had evil intentions- either subconsciously or planned- and it all goes down right there. OR maybe he deliberately parked his truck up the road and walked to the campsite with the stuck boat/truck story to try to lure Jake away so DC can try to hook up with (or assault) Jess. He didn't expect Jake to offer him a ride home instead. Oh, how I wish Jake would have been able to pull out his own .22 and used it on DC. Reading the other article (not disclosure), I see that LE knew right away that she was assualted because of the position of her clothes... Really, this all sounds like a horror movie.

Most of us probably like it because they are staying on top of the crime stories.And we are crime junkies. Our kind of paper. lol Im tempted to do the online subscription for awhile just to keep up on this story. I will give them alot of credit for staying on top and getting this stuff out there right away. If I could afford to quit my job Id start one up. lol

No problem, 88keys!!

This story is so heart breaking and frustrating for all.

Are you getting a hard copy of the Disclosure??

Probably, if I can remember where they are sold around here. Though they seem to be indicating that they will put the info on the Wheeler/Evans case in their online version as well.

Probably, if I can remember where they are sold around here. Though they seem to be indicating that they will put the info on the Wheeler/Evans case in their online version as well.

So, I guess they will be getting a bunch of online subscriptions from all of us here at WS!!

All I keep thinking is.....

Jake had all the training in the world; gets back home; tries to help someone; and, and.....

I need to get some rest...

:seeya:

I subscribe so if anything is in the print version that isn't online I'll do my best to post it.

The WRUL article was very informative too.

Today has been overwhelming and chaotic as far as new information in this case and we've have probably only hit the tip of the iceberg.

I'm going to do a little research on this girlfriend of DC. I'm very curious about her role in all of this.

http://www.wrul.com/news_detail.php?ID=30esi

From WRUL, "It was noted that 1.7 miles separated the crime scene and the campsite." I'm trying to visualize Coston leaving Jacob's truck at the crime scene, walking to get his truck, unhook it from the boat, drive back to the crime scene and push Jacob's truck off the embankment. He also drove back to retrieve Jacob's body to take it some place else in what looks like an attempt to make it look like Jacob had killed Jessi.

"Coston also advised his girlfriend, Candice Brown was with him and she was called in for questioning. She gave contradicting information according to Maier saying that she remembered Coston speaking to someone on the river bank and that she left Coston shortly after they left the campsite. " She left Coston shortly after they left the campsite? Did she leave Coston at the campsite or did Coston take her home, got the boat and went back?

I had wondered about the Crimestoppers reward. I am SO glad that it was awarded to Jakes family. They certainly deserved it. I totally understand their diligence in searching for their son and clues to clear his name. I woud never rest either were I in their shoes. So sad for everyone. Even after his story changed so much I'm still confused. The most recent story now says Coston was going to fish WITH Jake and Jessica if I'm reading correctly......and that his truck was damaged by trying to get his boat/trailer unstuck......but I distinctly remember reading in this thread that there was evidence on Jakes truck of another vehicle....I guess SOMEWHERE in all those different scenerios the real story lies. One thing that seems to remain in the majority of the stories is that Jake was shot while in his truck in the drivers side. I've seen that story more than the "Jake shooting Jessie and then Coston shooting Jake at the campsite" story. So that part must be true or partially true. But here are my most bothersome questions......1) If Costons gf was there SUN morning to allegedly help him get his boat/trailer unstuck, why didn't she see anything if Coston HAD put his boat in near Jake and Jessie? 2) If instead, she was there SAT evening when allegedly Coston spoke to Jake, why didn't she hear gunshots? Was she there or not? If she WAS there, why didn't she do anything to stop him? And if getting a woman was Costons reason for attacking them, why when he has a gf? In those stories/updates the paragraphs meld into different scenarios with no explanation of how or why it changed. I just wish one story would explain why one story wouldn't make sense as opposed to another one. And why isn't there more information about the gf? Do you suppose that's what Disclosure is talking about when it says "when more comes out it will infuriate people even more"? Sorry I'm rambling, I have a mild case of Aspergers which won't let go of something that doesn't make sense. My poor brain just goes over and over the story trying to MAKE it make sense, when it never will anyway.

I wanted to add that I don't believe that Jake ever attempted to give him a ride home. I think that part never happened. I think it all happened at the campsite. MOO.

I don't know..tough to say. They did say blood was found in Jake's truck on the driver's side which jives with DC's second story. On the other hand, Jessi was in her pajamas.

Yes, Jakes truck......thats where most of his stories have him shooting Jake. So according to that story, halfway home he demands to get out of the bed of Jakes truck, walks up to the drivers side, Jake probably thought he was going to be thanked or something......and shoots Jake in the head and kills him. He then leaves Jake on the side of the road? and takes Jessie back to the campsite, puts her in the bed of Jakes truck and goes to his truck which must be near by. Then he goes BACK to where Jakes body is, puts him in HIS truck and drives back to the campsite where Jessie is, uses his truck to push Jakes truck over an embankment losing parts of his truck? He covers Jessie with branches then leaves to place Jake in a different area then goes home? It has to be very early by this time.......so either he never did have a boat/trailer, or he did and he brought his gf there to help get unstuck. But the gf said Jake talked to a fisherman......if that WAS Sunday a.m., why if there were that many people in that specific area, did no one notice/see the truck or campsite? And if they did see only the campsite, why didn't that person mention anything about it when the kids were announced missing? I think there is so much more to know about Costons gf.

As disgusting as it is, this is not the first case where a woman has been involved in a horrific murder/sexual assault (and used for luring and/or 'disarming' the victim). I can think of 3 such cases off of the top of my head right now.

This one is the most compatible - couple and victim in small town, lured with car troubles: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...killing-may-have-been-sexually-motivated?lite

Thanks Surfie.....I hadn't heard of this one. I am familiar with Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo and also the Gallegos. So I know thats possible.....but I hadn't really thought of that in regards to this. I do now, though. I just wonder when exactly Costons gf was at the scene and why there isn't more information about it.......

What a bajungled mess in the reporting from the get go today is all I'll say...and what happened to the basis skills of just answering the questions of who, what, when, where, how come (why)? Geez. So hope that the judge will be allowing cameras inside in the future to avoid this conflict of info we now have to try to decipher.

I read all the articles but still need to go back and piece them together. I think we need to remember that Coston's final story is prolly still lacking the full truth and just what part Candice played, if any, or what she knows. Was she with DC at the Legion, etc.?

I'm not sure at this point if the motive was rape or if Coston is just a self-serving, entitlement thinking bully who got pizzed off when told no by two younger than himself; which the alcohol just enbrazened. Betting he has forced himself on other women before and he's prolly a regular thief that has never been caught before; not that the thievery matters at this point.....or maybe it does. ? IMO

Maybe we should open a media thread...or better, if someone could somehow save all the MSM articles coming out before they are updated and/or zapped would be great. I'd do it myself, but not that savvy with a puter and don't know if you would have to copy and paste of if there is a simpler way.

One thing I am going to ask. Please use patience and grace with someone trying to bring a local insider's insight to the case here. They are a writer and a storyteller....take it in context. They may be telling a story with a little more zealous outlook on things in trying to inform you, but take what is given and if impertinent info to you is included ..set it aside. Don't throw a good thing away with the bathwater..and we have a long way to go with this case. This may their first time in coming to a forum such as WS. TIA

As disgusting as it is, this is not the first case where a woman has been involved in a horrific murder/sexual assault (and used for luring and/or 'disarming' the victim). I can think of 3 such cases off of the top of my head right now.

This one is the most compatible - couple and victim in small town, lured with car troubles: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...killing-may-have-been-sexually-motivated?lite

Wow... just read this article and it's very disturbing. Goes to show wives/girlfriends can be made to participate.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rg143
Back