Found Deceased IL - Jake Cefolia, 49, jogging, car found, SVP of United Airlines, Chicago, 6 Aug 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But if Jake was in the Witness Protection Program, wouldn't his kids have gone too? Did he himself have sole custody?

I believe Jake had shared custody- but the WPP is mostly for “criminals” testifying in federal cases against mob or cartels etc as their life would be in danger. I’m not so sure Jake would fall into that category.

I don't think he's in the WPP, if he was, there'd be hush-hush on his disappearance.....we wouldn't even know about it.
I’m not sure they’d be able to put a complete hush on it if a friend or co-worker contacted the press directly about a missing person. When Shan’ann went missing friends called the press directly to get the word out and news camera’s showed up within hours. I don’t know if the press even called LE for background before they showed up at her house w/their cameras.

And when I say “witness protection” I don’t necessarily mean the formal federal program. In an active investigation law enforcement might stash people in “safe houses” or send them out of town for their own safety.

I have no idea if LE knows where Jake is or not, but I do think his disappearance is likely related to the “criminal investigation” Elmhurst LE referred to shortly after he vanished. He might be under police protection. Or maybe fled to avoid incarceration. Perhaps he’s hiding from criminals who view him as a dangerous loose end. And it’s possible he killed himself as a result of the investigation. But I don’t think the criminal investigation and his disappearance just days after he had contact w/LE is a coincidence.

Elmhurst Missing Man Case Gone Cold?
Posted Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 12:11 pm CT | Updated Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 12:15 pm CT

[...]

At United Airlines, Cefolia was senior vice president of worldwide sales, leading more than 700 employees. Months ago, his name was removed from the roster of corporate executives. No one has officially filled his position.

A search of the United's website yields not one reference to Cefolia.

To this day, the Elmhurst Police Department, which is the lead agency in the missing person investigation, has never issued a news release or photo in relation to Cefolia's disappearance. Such information is often released to enlist the public's help.

The department's silence may be an indication that the police know something about Cefolia's disappearance that the public does not. Last year, the department told Patch that it was investigating Cefolia when he went missing. It would not reveal the nature of the investigation. He was last seen Aug. 7.

[...]

(more at link)

I doubt he in the Witness Protection Program. Too much of what people think about that status comes from books and TV shows, most of which are not based in fact. Witnesses do NOT fake their deaths nor does anyone fake their death for them, they are simply given a new name, ID and Social Sec. #, provided basic housing and have to cut off all contact with people from the past. They have six months to get a job. There would be NO joint custody of a child. Crimes involved are big, think cartels and organized crime and fairly high level. The fact that so far only local PD has said anything about criminal activity would indicate that it's not something WWP worthy (in my opinion)

I also do not think he is in the WPP.

It was shown in the gas station video that it looked like he was wearing hiking boots. That is odd as he would not be jogging in them; he ran frequently in that preserve.If he was hiking and had an accident , I am confident he would have been found by now. Ditto if he took his own life. I believe he traversed the preserve and exited off the beaten track to someone waiting in a car.

Not a lot of media attention or strong LE or family concerns lead me to believe that something is known privately that the public does not. I think he is off the grid.

What I'd give to be a fly on the wall in the room of investigators working on the case they have against JC.

And to hear any mention of him has been scrubbed from United's website after such a long and lucrative career with them!? It definitely makes the mind wander as to what the focus of the investigation could be....moo.

I also do not think he is in the WPP.

It was shown in the gas station video that it looked like he was wearing hiking boots. That is odd as he would not be jogging in them; he ran frequently in that preserve.If he was hiking and had an accident , I am confident he would have been found by now. Ditto if he took his own life. I believe he traversed the preserve and exited off the beaten track to someone waiting in a car.

Not a lot of media attention or strong LE or family concerns lead me to believe that something is known privately that the public does not. I think he is off the grid.
What could be known privately by police? This case is fascinating!

What I'd give to be a fly on the wall in the room of investigators working on the case they have against JC.

And to hear any mention of him has been scrubbed from United's website after such a long and lucrative career with them!? It definitely makes the mind wander as to what the focus of the investigation could be....moo.
I just caught up on this case while waiting on info from a few others I follow. In general, the reasons I’ve seen for people being scrubbed from websites/rosters/history books are serious, violent crimes. I definitely think it’s plausible that he faked his death or staged a disappearance if that was the case. A lot of companies don’t want to take liability for things their employees did, especially if they are on the company’s time or dollar.

Question: If someone is placed in witness protection to be safe prior to testifying against someone, but a co-worker unaware of the plan reports them missing to LE and the media, what would that look like?

Would it look a lot like this?

I don't think he's in the WPP, if he was, there'd be hush-hush on his disappearance.....we wouldn't even know about it.

I think if he were to be (I don't think he is.), but I feel since it has been made public. They would confirm he's okay, but make a vague statement that he has been located safe and police have talked to him. Then just end it there.

From what I gathered from the 9pm Fox news, Jake was worried about having to take a 50% cut.in pay with the same child support. There was a search warrant executed on his home two days before he disappeared/was reported missing. There have been at least 450 plus hours searching the FP, Des Plaines river, and Argonne perimeter.

Well, that’s fascinating. What were they looking for, I wonder? Evidence of some kind of malfeasance related to his job? Or of shady financial dealings related to his child support obligations? Regardless, I am suddenly a lot more open to considering that JC might’ve disappeared of his own volition.

FOX 32 Chicago has also learned Elmhurst Police executed a search warrant at Cefolia's house on August 6 – the day before he disappeared.

According to the report, evidence was collected and packaged.

Jake Cefolia disappearance: United Airlines executive from Elmhurst missing for a year

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back