Identified! IL - Jefferson Co, Wht Fem 30-50, 166UFIL, wry neck syndrome, Jan'93 - Susan Hope Lund

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is an MP on NamUs I'm trying to find that looks like this UID. Her pic even showed a possible neck issue. She could not look all the way up. She stood out bc she had a handicap that appeared obvious to me. I'll feel silly when I ever find it, I always do bc i dont tend to get my perceived match right lol I'm hunting for that pic now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Do you remember which state the MP was from?

Hello yall,

good morning....

i first 'discovered' this story a few days ago....

i was watching videos on youtube, and one mentioned this story which they found this head in 1993 ( etc etc )

i was willing to help find the person if possible...

in my mindset, i first told myself that ... normally, when someone disappears..... in mooostt of the time, its sure they will get reported :
people are mostly always surrounded by family or relatives members who see them...

its rare that someone is alive but no one is in their life, ....

anyways, so i thought she was probably reported back then...

i did some search... on online database... of missing persons....

and i tried to find really, ... a woman which would have the same face features, etc...

at first ,.. i found 2 women who had red hairs, and disappeared both in 1990..... maybe it was one of them, but then i reanalysed their faces and they dont seem to have the same face at all with her...

then i thought myself '' what tells that the woman had reddish hairs as natural hairs color ?''

you know, crazy/evil kidnappers could always think of distorting the original appearance , cuz they dont want anyone to notice them...

soo,....

let me tell you....

i found a case , a woman disappeared in 1981 in texas...... and was never seen again.....
now i know, from 1981 to 1993, what did this woman did all taht time ?

well maybe she was just interested to do her own life without telling her family ... who knows.... and maybe she got into a baadd trouble...... and maybe got killed near 1993 who knows....

but the woman is her

attachment.php

she seems to have similar features... even the file says "brown eyes" .....

the picture she looks young as held, but maybe its her like 15 years old later than this picture....

what is really surprising, is both image seems to have the same kind of mouth..... with the frontal teeth, etc .... its weird

Franc533 the link for this missing woman?

Franc533 the link for this missing woman?

hey romulus, hi bro . thanks for insight.

this case :
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8815/0/

the other day i called the police responsible of this case, and i asked if they could compare both profiles to see if it could correspond, they told me yes they would look in that...

but i havent even gave my phone number or name, and they havent contacted me yet...

they can compare the dna , but maybe its not her .

Hi there. I'm new to Websleuths but have been following this case for a year or so now. I sent in a comparison of this Jane Doe to Gina L. Clark (NamUs #MP232) to the Doe Network. I got an email back saying someone else already submitted it. So I'm assuming it wasn't a match.

HOWEVER; if it is not a match, how come Namus didn't put her down as an exclusion?

So my question is, has anyone sent in a match for this case as well? and if so, should we pester Namus to update that case file?

Also side note if anyone's curious the video that contained this Jane Doe. It was Lazy Masquerade's Video:
Composites of John and Jane doe case's. He starts talking about Jane Doe at: 7:30 minutes into the video.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 11.21.51 AM copy.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 11.21.51 AM copy.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 16
166UFIL
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Date of Discovery: January 27, 1993
Location of Discovery: Ina, Jefferson County,
Estimated Date of Death: 1993
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 30-50 years old
Race: White
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Reddish-brown, shoulder-length.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unusual skeletal characteristics of the skull and upper front cervical vertebrae indicate the victim suffered from chronic spasmodic torticollis or wry neck syndrome. Wry Neck syndrome is a condition which causes stress on the muscles which are responsible for maintaining upright head posture. Evidence of a healed traumatic lesion on the skull suggests this condition may have been preceded by head trauma; this would have resulted in the victim maintaining a leftward tilt of the head.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Samples submitted - Tests not complete.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim's head was found in a wooded area in the Wayne Fitzgerald State Park hanging in some bushes as if someone had thrown it from the road nearby.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Illinois State Police
Agency Contact Person: Stacie Speith
Agency Phone Number: 618-529-6500
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: C93-0159

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 11091

Bumping Ina Doe with this newspaper article from January 1993.

For convenience some additional info from the article:
- She had reddish brown (auburn?) or strawberry blond hair
- She is believed to be around 30 years
- She once had a triple root canal done and all her wisdom teeth were removed
- LE suspected she changes her life style during the last decade because three of her teeth had rotted to the gums in sharp contrast with expensive dental work she received earlier.
- She had a small straight pin mole on her left ear
- It's not known how long the head was in the park, but according to LE it couldn't been there for more than two weeks because people were in that area before the discovery

I read more about wry neck syndrome and it says that with a proper diagnosis it is treatable. It also says that this often occurs shortly after birth. If this individual had this syndrome since birth that would placer her being born around the 70s. This syndrome most likely had no cure when she was born as well as in the 90s. I am wondering if the syndrome caused other health problems or if she had any disabilities as well as wry neck. Does anyone else have information or thoughts about this?

It seems like this woman’s life could have had a lot of parallels to Peggy Lynn Johnson. Perhaps she was disabled from birth/early in life but had good care until her initial caretaker passed and she was taken in by the wrong people who abused and ultimately killed her.

I read more about wry neck syndrome and it says that with a proper diagnosis it is treatable. It also says that this often occurs shortly after birth. If this individual had this syndrome since birth that would placer her being born around the 70s. This syndrome most likely had no cure when she was born as well as in the 90s. I am wondering if the syndrome caused other health problems or if she had any disabilities as well as wry neck. Does anyone else have information or thoughts about this?

Maybe she had it from birth, but in the file is also this "Evidence of a healed traumatic lesion on the skull suggests this condition may have been preceded by head trauma; this would have resulted in the victim maintaining a leftward tilt of the head". So it could also be something that occurred later in life. The cause of the head trauma could have been anything..........according to LE she changed her lifestyle a decade ago, because of her bad dental care. Maybe something happened when she was around 20 (around 1983) and she became more dependent on others or maybe even her caretaker did this to her. Just a theory.

Last edited:

Hi Ms.Sleuth. If she was believed to be around 30 she would have been born around 1963.

Hi Ms.Sleuth. If she was believed to be around 30 she would have been born around 1963.
That makes more sense. And even being born around that time, if she had gotten a head trauma that caused this tilt, there was probably no way for her to fix it then either I would assume. If she had gotten it from birth, it is also likely that they would not be able to fix it back then. I did think that if it was caused by a head trauma, something could have happened in her 20s like a fall, getting in a car accident, abusive relationship, etc. There are many possibilites. To me, it seems like she might have had a rough patch in her life that caused the bad dental work like drugs (big thing in the late 60s and 70s) and she decided to turn her life around. Maybe this is when she got the head trauma that caused it. Just some thoughts.

I’m wondering if the burning body in Litchfield campground is connected? The head was found in January did the killer return to the body 4 months later to get rid of the body? Seems law enforcement was focusing on St. Louis not 2 hours away.

"Headless `Jane Doe' Burial Set Body Afire at Litchfield Unidentified since May" by Charles Bosworth Jr. Of the Post-Dispatch - St Louis Post-Dispatch (MO), August 7, 1993 | Online Research Library: Questia

It could be connected, but I wonder where they found this body. It seems to be on a campground. Could a body have laid there without noticing for so long. I'm not fimiliair with the surroundings.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back