Identified! IL - Jefferson Co, Wht Fem 30-50, 166UFIL, wry neck syndrome, Jan'93 - Susan Hope Lund

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if this could be connected to the woman whose head was found in a bag in Wisconsin in 2001, or the circumstances could be similar even if they were killed by different people?
406UFWI
Seems like they were both decapitated, both had a disability of some sort, and no other remains have been found for either woman.

I just read about the missing persons case of Theresa Wallace, who disappeared from Ilinois in 1990. She had been in a car accident that left her cognitively impaired several years earlier. These two look similar to me, but I don't know if Wallace had neck trauma. The difference in years between when she went missing and this Doe was found makes me a bit skeptical, but I think her case is worth looking into.
Doe Network: The Doe Network: Case File 2230DFIL
The Charley Project: Theresa Ann Wallace – The Charley Project

P.S. Thanks @Bit of hope :D

I just read about the missing persons case of Theresa Wallace, who disappeared from Ilinois in 1990. She had been in a car accident that left her cognitively impaired several years earlier. These two look similar to me, but I don't know if Wallace had neck trauma. The difference in years between when she went missing and this Doe was found makes me a bit skeptical, but I think her case is worth looking into.
Doe Network: The Doe Network: Case File 2230DFIL
The Charley Project: Theresa Ann Wallace – The Charley Project

P.S. Thanks @Bit of hope :D

There is not a lot more information about Theresa, but I post it anyway. Urbana Police hope to solve 30-year-old cold case of missing woman

P.S. It's hard for me to get over the horrible recon. It looks strange....:eek:

There is not a lot more information about Theresa, but I post it anyway. Urbana Police hope to solve 30-year-old cold case of missing woman

P.S. It's hard for me to get over the horrible recon. It looks strange....:eek:

Wallace is local to me. I live in champaign-Urbana. I can tell you, the area that she has living and where her car was found are some of the roughest in our area. High drugs, high crime, low income. They’ve been rough for many decades.

I did note that the head of MP was found along I-57, which is a straight shot to Chicago. Leads me to believe she could be from anywhere. Especially if it said that it looked like the head could have been thrown from a car. MOO.

As previous poster mentioned, did we ever learn if this was on the north-bound or the south-bound side of 57?

Wallace is local to me. I live in champaign-Urbana. I can tell you, the area that she has living and where her car was found are some of the roughest in our area. High drugs, high crime, low income. They’ve been rough for many decades.

I did note that the head of MP was found along I-57, which is a straight shot to Chicago. Leads me to believe she could be from anywhere. Especially if it said that it looked like the head could have been thrown from a car. MOO.

As previous poster mentioned, did we ever learn if this was on the north-bound or the south-bound side of 57?

In this article is a little map. Does this help?

murders007-124-gif.169510

Knowing that it was southbound is a big help. I've been looking at rest stops and long-term care facilities that were open in '93, but there's not a lot to go on. Also, Ina seems to have a history of weird murders. A family was killed in their home there less than ten years before this Jane Doe was found. It seems unlikely that the same person did it though.

I saw in a post earlier that Anna Manning was mentioned as being compared to this UID. I am wondering if it was ever turned in. She isn't on the rule out list. She was only 23 when she went missing (UID was said to be around 30) and any of the pictures that are available of Anna -she has her mouth closed (the reconstruction UID has teeth shown) Here is a side by side and Anna's NamUs profile The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original
Thumbnail

I bumped into this very weird article. It's about another Jane Doe's head found and body brokers. I'm not quickly disturbed, but my mouth fell open reading is. Could Jane's head also have fallen from a van...however crazy that may sound.

Special Report: A woman’s severed head was found in the woods. Who is she?

This is about the man mentioned in the above article.
Man sentenced to 9-year prison term for selling diseased body parts
Anything is possible. It could be that someone who worked at a funeral parlor had a very sick sense of humor and stole a head in order to mount it in a tree.

I once knew a creepy dental surgeon named Kenny who admitted that while he was going through medical school, he and his pals cut the penis off of a cadaver from their cadaver lab (and mailed it to one of their friends, I think). There are some warped people out there.

Still, the murder and/or disposal by a caregiver seems like the most likely scenario.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back