Identified! IL - Jefferson Co, Wht Fem 30-50, 166UFIL, wry neck syndrome, Jan'93 - Susan Hope Lund

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A women named Crystal reached out to me and is commenting on reddit. Saying this is her mother, Susan Hope Lund. A press release will be on Friday. I can't find a missing persons report for Susan. But either way this is news is great to hear!
view.php

Link?

I am opening this thread up again. The Redgraves have announced a presser tomorrow for an announcement with regard to this case. Ina Jane Doe's name was revealed on this (and another) site, and a few persons saw it before the posts were removed.

If you know her name, please extend the courtesy to the Redgraves of not scooping their reveal.

Last edited:
Identified as Susan Hope Lund, of Tennessee

This is a great example of working all together to give Ms Lund her name back. Thanks to everybody who gave this case a chance to be solved and for the hard work. Rest in Peace Ms. Lund. Condolences to her loved ones. I hope they find the one who did this to her.

from the link - "Lund had three young children, all under age 6, and was pregnant when she went missing from her home on Harrier Court, off Jack Miller Boulevard, according to Leaf-Chronicle archives from 1993. Her husband, Paul Lund, was a Fort Campbell soldier.

Clarksville Police abandoned the search for Susan Lund after two weeks, saying they believed she had left Clarksville “by her own choice” and was alive and well living in Hopkinsville, Kentucky, where they said she was seen the week after Christmas.

A few weeks later, Paul Lund said his wife had been seen on Interstate 65 near Louisville, “looking thin, pale, attired in the same clothes she was wearing the night she vanished,” according to a Feb. 24, 1993, Leaf-Chronicle article."

horrible, she was pregnant :( i wonder if she was really seen or it was mistaken identity. who did this?

How she was found makes a lot more sense in hindsight. Maybe to hide that she was pregnant. I can only imagine how hard her disappearance was on her husband and children. I hope investigators can start retracing her steps now and figure out what happened to her in the month between when she disappeared and was found. My condolences to her loves ones and I hope they can mourn her in peace. Rest in peace Ms. Lund.

I came across this article while looking up information about Susan. The article is from August of 1993 and states that Susan was alive and well living in Alabama in August of 1993 and that she called police to inform them that she was safe. Obviously, she was already deceased by that point so either the police lied about the call or someone involved had that call placed with the goal of getting the case closed. Either option is very sad. There was an article before this one from July 1993 that stated the police believed Susan was alive and well in Alabama and that one of the detectives traveled to Alabama and made no contact with her, but they are "80% sure she's there". This is so strange to me. How can you make no contact with someone who has been missing that long, but just assume she's there and close the case? Which she obviously was not there, as she had already been found deceased in January of 1993.

Attachments

• IMG_0786.jpg
    IMG_0786.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 43
I came across this article while looking up information about Susan. The article is from August of 1993 and states that Susan was alive and well living in Alabama in August of 1993 and that she called police to inform them that she was safe. Obviously, she was already deceased by that point so either the police lied about the call or someone involved had that call placed with the goal of getting the case closed. Either option is very sad. There was an article before this one from July 1993 that stated the police believed Susan was alive and well in Alabama and that one of the detectives traveled to Alabama and made no contact with her, but they are "80% sure she's there". This is so strange to me. How can you make no contact with someone who has been missing that long, but just assume she's there and close the case? Which she obviously was not there, as she had already been found deceased in January of 1993.

A third possibility: could the call have been a hoax, just for the fun of it?

from the link - "Lund had three young children, all under age 6, and was pregnant when she went missing from her home on Harrier Court, off Jack Miller Boulevard, according to Leaf-Chronicle archives from 1993. Her husband, Paul Lund, was a Fort Campbell soldier.

Clarksville Police abandoned the search for Susan Lund after two weeks, saying they believed she had left Clarksville “by her own choice” and was alive and well living in Hopkinsville, Kentucky, where they said she was seen the week after Christmas.

A few weeks later, Paul Lund said his wife had been seen on Interstate 65 near Louisville, “looking thin, pale, attired in the same clothes she was wearing the night she vanished,” according to a Feb. 24, 1993, Leaf-Chronicle article."

horrible, she was pregnant :( i wonder if she was really seen or it was mistaken identity. who did this?

My condolences to the family. Devastating, especially for her children, for their mom to go missing on Xmas Eve

Once again thank you to Redgrave Research and @CarlK90245 and everyone who worked on this case. Incredible work as always.

RIP Susan Lund

Remains of young Clarksville mom Susan Lund, missing since 1992, identified in Illinois | ClarksvilleNow.com

"Susan Lund, 25, was last seen by her family on Christmas Eve 1992, when she reportedly left her home in Clarksville to walk to a grocery store. Her husband reported her missing soon after."

"A DNA profile was provided to Redgrave, a genealogy company in Massachusetts, who then uploaded the data file to GEDmatch on Feb. 3, 2022.

Redgrave’s genealogy team arrived at a potential match within a day, then found out that Lund had been reported missing, with no date of death."

Last edited:
I do not like the sound of the "sightings" or the assumption that she was fine in Alabama, 7 months after she had been found murdered in Illinois (and Kentucky?). Something is very fishy in all this. I have to wonder if these false sightings were maybe not an innocent misunderstanding, but something falsely reported by a suspect to try to throw LE/family off.

She was missing slightly over a month before her death. Ina is about 180 mi away from Clarksville, according to Google. I wonder how she got there or if she was dumped there after her death.

RIP Susan Lund.

I do not like the sound of the "sightings" or the assumption that she was fine in Alabama, 7 months after she had been found murdered in Illinois (and Kentucky?). Something is very fishy in all this. I have to wonder if these false sightings were maybe not an innocent misunderstanding, but something falsely reported by a suspect to try to throw LE/family off.

She was missing slightly over a month before her death. Ina is about 180 mi away from Clarksville, according to Google. I wonder how she got there or if she was dumped there after her death.

RIP Susan Lund.

I also do not like the sound of it. Will wait to see what media digs up on this case b/c so far it reads like the ball was dropped during the early investigation.

Last edited:

RIP Susan Lund.

The area Susan was found is off of a major highway/interstate with truck stops in both the north and south bound lanes. Route 57. The exit to the park itself is on Route 57 and IL-154. Whoever did this must have known interstate routes. I have a few possible theories but I don't know if its investitive to post at this time seeing as she was just identified. However, I'll link my theory if anyone needs an interesting true crime read: Redhead murders - Wikipedia.

I found an article about it that was written at the time. Apparently, LE was convinced that she was alive and well in Alabama. Hmmm.

Attachments

• Susan Lund.jpg
    Susan Lund.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I see that others above had already sussed this information out. Interesting about the subsequent phone call. I wonder if her killer saw the coverage and decided that it was a perfect opportunity to throw everyone permanently off the trail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TruthAndACoffee
Back