Found Deceased IL - Jelani 'JJ' Day, 25, ISU grad student, missed class, Bloomington, 23 Aug 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He nearly lost it but he didn't lose the driver's license. So IMO there's a question mark there. Websleuth operator's say for a reason only facts are allowed so people saying things on social media aren't facts, so like Websleuths I won't put much credence into people saying stuff. The potency of the MJ he bought was normal it wasn't a high level where he would be impared if he did take it voluntarily that day. All MOO.

Even if the potency of marijuana was normal, he was said by his mother to have bought one joint, which could certainly impair a person. We don’t know how much of that joint he smoked, maybe all of it by himself. And why would he do this on the day he was supposed to see patients? To me, that’s unusual, if not irresponsible.

Also, as far as Jelani having dreams he didn’t follow through on, I think it’s relevant to point out that according to his mother, Jelani wanted to become a doctor to help people and make enough money to support her so she didn’t have to work. That was never going to happen on a SLP salary. It’s already been discussed in here but the program he was in wouldn’t have made him a doctor. Although admirable, it would have made him a therapist. Of course, he could have continued his education to obtain a clinical doctorate and earned the title of doctor but it’s more research based and he wouldn’t be helping patients one on one.

He nearly lost it but he didn't lose the driver's license. So IMO there's a question mark there. Websleuth operator's say for a reason only facts are allowed so people saying things on social media aren't facts, so like Websleuths I won't put much credence into people saying stuff. The potency of the MJ he bought was normal it wasn't a high level where he would be impared if he did take it voluntarily that day. All MOO.
What is the question mark for? His traffic citations are public record and not from social media.

What is the question mark for? His traffic citations are public record and not from social media.
I was just stating what the OP had posted that IMO there is a question as to what relevence the citations have on what happened to Jelani. IMO the citations don't show him as being depressed.

Even if the potency of marijuana was normal, he was said by his mother to have bought one joint, which could certainly impair a person. We don’t know how much of that joint he smoked, maybe all of it by himself. And why would he do this on the day he was supposed to see patients? To me, that’s unusual, if not irresponsible.

Also, as far as Jelani having dreams he didn’t follow through on, I think it’s relevant to point out that according to his mother, Jelani wanted to become a doctor to help people and make enough money to support her so she didn’t have to work. That was never going to happen on a SLP salary. It’s already been discussed in here but the program he was in wouldn’t have made him a doctor. Although admirable, it would have made him a therapist. Of course, he could have continued his education to obtain a clinical doctorate and earned the title of doctor but it’s more research based and he wouldn’t be helping patients one on one.
We don't know this could have been a stepping stone for him to other prospects. Like I said before maybe he bought an edible so he was going to have it after seeing his patients not before. Maybe he didn't want to burden his family with expenses and loans so he decided to make money to support his future endevors but unfortunately they were cut short, sadly.

We don't know this could have been a stepping stone for him to other prospects. Like I said before maybe he bought an edible so he was going to have it after seeing his patients not before. Maybe he didn't want to burden his family with expenses and loans so he decided to make money to support his future endevors but unfortunately they were cut short, sadly.

It was reported by his mother that he bought one joint, not an edible. But sure he could have still smoked it after seeing patients. The only problem with that is he couldn't participate in clinicals or see patients that day because he did not have his TB test completed. There is an interview with his mother where she explains how Jelani would make the rounds calling her and his siblings for money and keep at it until one of them gave in. His mother was also paying for his pricey apartment. He wasn't going to be making any money for at least a couple of years but it's possible he was getting tired of burdening his family for it.

"This time, he was wearing shorts and a Jimi Hendrix t-shirt at a marijuana dispensary in nearby Bloomington. Jelani's mother says he bought one joint and then disappeared."

Nearly 6 Months Later, Jelani Day’s Mother Remains Firm in Fight for Answers – NBC Chicago

It was reported by his mother that he bought one joint, not an edible. But sure he could have still smoked it after seeing patients. The only problem with that is he couldn't participate in clinicals or see patients that day because he did not have his TB test completed. There is an interview with his mother where she explains how Jelani would make the rounds calling her and his siblings for money and keep at it until one of them gave in. His mother was also paying for his pricey apartment. He wasn't going to be making any money for at least a couple of years but it's possible he was getting tired of burdening his family for it.

"This time, he was wearing shorts and a Jimi Hendrix t-shirt at a marijuana dispensary in nearby Bloomington. Jelani's mother says he bought one joint and then disappeared."

Nearly 6 Months Later, Jelani Day’s Mother Remains Firm in Fight for Answers – NBC Chicago
These aspects that you have mentioned here have already been discussed previously in responses of mine. You can scroll back and look if you wish and see what the discussions were about. We talked about the TB test previously also.

These aspects that you have mentioned here have already been discussed previously in responses of mine. You can scroll back and look if you wish and see what the discussions were about. We talked about the TB test previously also.
Yes, I know this has been discussed, I have read through it all. I just don’t understand why you mentioned edibles, when it was reported he bought a joint.

Yes, I know this has been discussed, I have read through it all. I just don’t understand why you mentioned edibles, when it was reported he bought a joint.
At the time I wasn't sure if it was a joint or edibles, that's all.

It's unclear what "new clues" this article is referencing.
IIRC it has already been reported that the iPhone was turned off shortly after JD visited the dispensary.
Maybe I'm missing something.

Nothing brand new-new, but some confirmation is good. Here's what I see

- Journal in his car. Started in 2016, only two entries in 2021 according to his mother.
- Sneakers/shorts found on a riverbank has DNA that isn't JJ's and hasn't been identified.
- 23 chats, 17 msgs, six phone numbers of interest on the iPhone.

- First source to say that the phone was found on I-55 north in Bloomington. Assuming that they mean Bloomington proper and not Normal, that is on the west side of town and much further away than JJ's last known movements. Granted, this rests on the presumption that JJ himself had last tossed the phone. While there isn't any credible information to assume that someone else had the phone, it certainly jumbles up the timeline a bit.

New potential idea: JJ turned the phone off at Beyond/Hello, entered and left, drove all the way across town, tossed the phone, and then headed up to Peru??

bloomington1 - Copy.jpg

Here's one MAJOR thing that is throwing me off big time. "discovery of Jelani’s sneakers and shorts on a riverbank north of where his body was found"

On my GMM (Google My Maps) for this case, I have the potential clothes/sneakers location as being south of the location of his body. the only locations off the riverbank that would be north of his body would be 1) the Lock 14 area or 2) west of the Illinois River, which I hadn't considered since finding that the river flows east-to-west.

jj-clothes1 - Copy.jpg

"2" is the assumption I've been working on. "3" is one mile from Lock 14, "1" is one mile in the direction of the IL-251 bridge.

Thanks for posting the link @Silver Spring.

Very telling that nobody that allegedly communicated with Jelani on the date he abandoned classes/clinic has come forward.

At this time, I'm mostly interested in what NBC obtained directly from police under FOIA.

The other information by CBD seems contrary to what I first recall. For example, didn't the man that located the phone first describe the off rap location where maps showed it very near the dispensary? (I recall CBD was questioning the guy on her page).

And didn't the man sell the phone -- took it to a Kiosk at a local store? There's a breach in the chain of command of the phone evidence for sure.

The most important evidence seems to be his shorts and shoes. Definitely need more definitive info on the DNA sample and the grade of DNA.

A case I've been following for two years just concluded and the defense created a nightmare telling all sorts of tales about DNA found on a glovebox. Experts opined it was a nothingburger but over the years, the defense managed to confuse everybody from the judge to reporters about a partial profile.

I sure wish the FBI would weigh in here. Changing the status to a criminal investigation would confirm if they are on to something (with the latest details). MOO

That's odd that the DNA in the shorts and shoes wasn't Jelani's even though they were his items. So someone wore them obviously before placing them at the riverbank where they were found. I'd have to look back and see the video from the dispensary to see if that was what he was wearing that morning. See these kinds of cases can have so many twists and turns and are made perplexing. We have a couple of questions here why would someone other than Jelani place them there? That is just plain hair raising on the spine, so creepy. How can LE for sure say that the phone was tossed from a moving car? If it was wouldn't there be more damage, I could be wrong though. It just looks like the glass was just a bit splintered. I've had phones drop accidently while standing in one spot not even moving and they were more damaged that his phone.

That's odd that the DNA in the shorts and shoes wasn't Jelani's even though they were his items. So someone wore them obviously before placing them at the riverbank where they were found. I'd have to look back and see the video from the dispensary to see if that was what he was wearing that morning. See these kinds of cases can have so many twists and turns and are made perplexing. We have a couple of questions here why would someone other than Jelani place them there? That is just plain hair raising on the spine, so creepy. How can LE for sure say that the phone was tossed from a moving car? If it was wouldn't there be more damage, I could be wrong though. It just looks like the glass was just a bit splintered. I've had phones drop accidently while standing in one spot not even moving and they were more damaged that his phone.

IMO, this is the problem we face when receiving information 2nd hand and/or from anybody other than investigators.

For example, if the shoes and shorts recovered from the bank were in fact the property of Jelani, doesn't it make more sense that in addition to Jelani's DNA, there was also foreign DNA on the items? It doesn't follow that putting your feet inside your shoes would not result in a trace of your DNA. JMO

IMO, this is the problem we face when receiving information 2nd hand and/or from anybody other than investigators.

For example, if the shoes and shorts recovered from the bank were in fact the property of Jelani, doesn't it make more sense that in addition to Jelani's DNA, there was also foreign DNA on the items? It doesn't follow that putting your feet inside your shoes would not result in a trace of your DNA. JMO
I agree. There should be his DNA in/on his items. If its valid then the the article should state how that was concluded. They are a main broadcaster so they really should site their source for their viewers. However, the host of the program did say that they obtained a redacted report throught Freedom of Information I don't know if that has any validity to it of course as you mentioned.

I agree. There should be his DNA in/on his items. If its valid then the the article should state how that was concluded. They are a main broadcaster so they really should site their source for their viewers. However, the host of the program did say that they obtained a redacted report throught Freedom of Information I don't know if that has any validity to it of course as you mentioned.

If I recall correctly, the FOIA data is the only information provided by the network reporter since they requested the information.

I believe all the other data was provided by CBD in the video portion of the link, and not the network.

In other words, I think CBD was given a platform to talk about her son and new evidence by CBD, not that the network obtained and verified the evidence. JMO

If I recall correctly, the FOIA data is the only information provided by the network reporter since they requested the information.

I believe all the other data was provided by CBD in the video portion of the link, and not the network.

In other words, I think CBD was given a platform to talk about her son and new evidence by CBD, not that the network obtained and verified the evidence. JMO
I agree it should be verified but the phone still didn't look that smashed up to me. Like I said I wonder how LE came to the conclusion it was thrown from a moving vehicle? Standing at one place and accidently dropping my phone smashed the whole glass on my phone one time but his phone doesn't seem to me like it was dropped from a fast moving vehicle.

I agree it should be verified but the phone still didn't look that smashed up to me. Like I said I wonder how LE came to the conclusion it was thrown from a moving vehicle? Standing at one place and accidently dropping my phone smashed the whole glass on my phone one time but his phone doesn't seem to me like it was dropped from a fast moving vehicle.

I've never seen Jelani's actual phone believed to be in police/FBI possession so I can't comment on what it looks like.

It was shown in the video clip.
I believe the image OP is referring to in the video interview is a stock image for illustration purposes only. In the same video, there's also a photo of a phone in the grass that does not have shattered glass, as well as an image of a journal which I doubt is Jelani's actual journal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back