IL IL - Jesse Ross, 20, Chicago, 21 Nov 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Surveillance video last captured images of the University of Missouri-Kansas City sophomore at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers, 301 E. North Water St., where he was attending two conference events, including a dance. Chicago police have said some other attendees said Ross appeared drunk shortly before his disappearance.

Hi there, I am wondering- can you please provide where you got your info that other attendees said Ross appeared drunk? I have not seen that information anywhere, and it's pretty key.

We know he went to a bar before the emergency meeting, as his father states in the book, but police said that he did NOT seem drunk on surveillance.

Furthermore, who goes to an emergency meeting drunk? Clearly it was an optional emergency meeting. Would someone drunk go to that? He may have been drinking, but drunk, is a different ballgame. Pleassssssse tell me where you got that info!!!

Further clarification:

I just bought Jesse's dad's book, Where's Opie?. He has stated repeatedly that the last picture of Jesse was NOT from the Chicago Hotel and Towers, where the conference and emergency meeting were held. Mr. Ross has confirmed that the LAST KNOWN PICTURE OF JESSE is him LEAVING HIS HOTEL en route to the Hotel and Towers- meaning, there is no proof or cameras that he ever left the conference. Witnesses saw him at the conference and saw him leave the conference room around 2:30 AM, but there is no proof he ever left the conference hotel.

Jesse Warren Ross was a 19-year-old sophomore when he vanished on Nov. 21, 2006, while attending a mock United Nations conference in Chicago, Ill.

According to police, Ross was last seen at about 2:30 a.m., leaving the Sheraton Hotel and Towers, where a conference dance was held. Surveillance footage from the hotel does not indicate Ross was intoxicated when he left. It is believed he was headed to his hotel, the Four Points Sheraton, which was located about ten minutes away. What happened to Ross after he left the Sheraton Hotel remains a mystery.

For more information, visit Findjesseross.com.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...ing_n_2076317.html?ncid=webmail3#slide=592108

I wanted to clarify that in Don Ross's book on Jesse's disappearance, he says those pictures were falsely identified as Jesse leaving the hotel-- they are actually him before getting on the elevator at the hotel where he was staying-- in other words, we have proof he was leaving to go to that emergency meeting; we have proof he went to the meeting; we have proof he walked out the double-doors of that meeting room (witnesses saw), but we do NOT have proof he ever left that hotel.

Will purchase book, but in the meantime do Jesse's parents have someone in mind as possible suspects in his disappearance?
Did I understand correctly that JS was recorded on cctv leaving his hotel to attend 2 am conference, and seen, but not photographed at the conference?

Are there cctv cameras in the hotel's elevator where JS was staying, did it indicate someone else got on too?
Who did he sit beside at the conference and did he pay a visit to the washroom during conference break?
Did they have glasses of water at the emergency conference and if so might it have been tampered with something like ecstasy?

Will purchase book, but in the meantime do Jesse's parents have someone in mind as possible suspects in his disappearance?
Did I understand correctly that JS was recorded on cctv leaving his hotel to attend 2 am conference, and seen, but not photographed at the conference?

Yep, that's right- if I understand correctly. He was seen at the meeting by his good friend and roommate at the time whose name was Ralph (I believe). He saw Jesse leaving the emergency meeting at 2:30 AM, and then never saw him again. The kicker is that the roommate Ralphe apparently died in a car accident in 2010 (I hope I read that right).

Ditto and thanks, hope I am not posting anything too off/colour or off the mainstream grid!
I think it's great to think outside the box since we just don't know! You've been working on this case longer than I have, so I am just very thankful to have your input. I can't get Jesse off my mind, but I'm so new to WebSleuths. I appreciate your wisdom :)

Wondering if good friend R, was a close friend as in someone who truly has your back, or close as in, classmate pal for now, until competition for kudos?
Did R help look for JR over the years, was he ever in a committed relationship with a woman?

How did the school chaperone handle the disappearance over the years, it must have been a very stressful event for him as demonstrated by comment in video he made to the effect of ' when JS gets back I'm going to strangle him".

I wondered the same thing...I found it odd that his friend wouldn't go with him to wherever he was going. The friend said he wasn't sure if Jesse was going back to sleep or just going out for a break or what. Wouldn't the question, "Where are you going?" come up?

In the book, his dad seems to trust this friend, said they were good friends from school and on the UN thing together. Didn't seem to point to any suspicion there.

Jesse did go out to a bar with a girl named M in the free-time they had. Apparently there has been some speculation that the chaperones/school told the kids to not talk much about Jesse's disappearance to Jesse's parents, and the chaperones/school told Jesse's parents that kids weren't interested in talking.

It's interesting, this not wanting to talk about the situation. Is it just legal worries not wanting a lawsuit? What are the other possibilities?

Drowning has been a concern of course, and I found this interesting: http://articles.redeyechicago.com/2..._1_drownings-dangerous-waters-high-death-toll

According to this, there's only been 15 drowning deaths in Illinois in 2011?! That makes drowning as unlikely as anything else, imo...

Since mid-June, 12 people have drowned to death in Illinois and Northwest Indiana compared with 15 total drowning deaths in Illinois in all of 2011, according to data collected by the Chicago Park District and Lurie Children's Hospital.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article679209.html

“We keep pushing Jesse’s case, keep putting it out there,” said Ross, who has billboards with his son’s face staring out at motorists along Chicago highways and who still circulates fliers through the city’s downtown, where his son was last seen.

Ross’ Facebook page is covered with pictures and discussions about his continued search for answers to what happened to his son. He wrote a book, “Where’s Opie? Vanished in Chicago,” partly for “personal therapy” but also to help other parents of missing children.

“It’s frustrating,” Ross said. Police get new cases, and investigations turn into cold cases ease, he said.

What a baffling disappearance. Reminds me much of Brian Shaffer disappearance in that there should be some trace of what happened to him because of the setting, but there is absolutely none.

Though some view it is far-fetched, I find it difficult not to at least consider that all of these young, college age boys who have vanished from bars or other similar public places never to be found again or to be found later in a body of water have some in common in terms of what actually happened to them.. Sorry....not that many people--especially college age boys-- under similar circumstances just fall into rivers/lakes accidentally and drown.

Baffling and frightening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLP0wZaBmEE

Bumping for Jesse, it is high time to find out what happened to him and to learn where he is now!
How can a bright, engaging student simply vanish on a school trip whilst staying a nice hotel with security everywhere?
Why Jesse??? There was so many other young , bright and attractive students, male and female, why Jesse?
Did he step out and security did not allow him to be readmitted to the hotel, or did Jesse go to the wrong hotel room and encounter trouble that way?
If Jesse ended up at a rave somewhere, and experimented with a drug like ecstasy and suddenly died, would it been hushed up and his body secreted away?

Someone must remember the red haired Deejay, a guy visiting from out of town, a participant in a mock U.N. conference ....

Hoping someone will make a new video with soundtrack from songs " Opie " used to play on the radio station which might trigger a memory in the right person...imo.

Has LE, private detectives, anyone investigated the CD/Rave angle? I know it's underground but someone should be able to penetrate the scene and find out something. Jesse supposedly had the CD on him, possibly the rave flyer as well; he may have been headed there. It's been so long now but at the time, someone might've remembered a young man with vivid red hair in attendance.

I believe a few of the other college aged guys---all fitting very similar physical descriptions--who vanished and/or were later found in bodies of water were also deejays. In fact, if you look into these countless young guys who have disappeared and/or "drowned" you will find many of them have commonalities linking them beyond just coincidental things. And I believe Matthew Soumakis vanished very near the same location Jesse did. So did Trevor Hoheisel.

If Jesse simply left the hotel to go to a rave, he would have been caught on camera at some point leaving the hotel our outside of it. The area in and around the hotel is pretty much covered with cameras.

I believe a few of the other college aged guys---all fitting very similar physical descriptions--who vanished and/or were later found in bodies of water were also deejays. In fact, if you look into these countless young guys who have disappeared and/or "drowned" you will find many of them have commonalities linking them beyond just coincidental things. And I believe Matthew Soumakis vanished very near the same location Jesse did. So did Trevor Hoheisel.

If Jesse simply left the hotel to go to a rave, he would have been caught on camera at some point leaving the hotel our outside of it. The area in and around the hotel is pretty much covered with cameras.

Well, if these days gunmen go around targeting students at schools, it is feasible that someone might go looking for student victims, one by one ...imo..

I've been following Jesse's case for a while now. Just a couple questions, then some comments:

Question 1. How did he and whoever else get to that hotel that night? My understanding Jesse wasn't staying at the hotel where he disappeared. So, did they walk to get there that night? Bus? Taxi? Rented a car? I'd like to know that.

Question 2. Does anybody know if Jesse was on any medication? In particular, medication for bipolar disorder? Anti-depressants? Anything like that. I know that's very personal but there are just too many stories out there of young people who got off their meds and kind of just strayed away. And because I follow disappearance so closely, it seems like a large majority of young men and women who disappear seem to be taking some of brain/personality medicine at the time.

Comment 1: I did some checking. At 2:30am on Nov. 21, 2006 the temperature in Chicago was 27 degrees Fahrenheit with the wind chill. Jesse was wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and a warm-up jacket. That doesn't sound like the proper clothing for that kind of weather. Especially if he was planning to walk back to his hotel. I shiver just thinking about it. It lends to the idea that if his intent was to go back to his hotel he would've taken transportation--and that goes along with the Question #1.

Comment 2: Nov 21, 2006 was a Monday night/Tuesday morning. I know there's been some talk about Jesse being interested in going to a rave. Do they hold raves on Monday nights? I mean, ravers go to work, too, don't they? I know there are all sorts of underground clubs, etc. But he went to one dressed like that? What club would let him in? Plus, don't they have cover charges? Plus, if it were Vegas I could understand stuff being open at 3am. But Chicago? Hey, it's a happening town but it's not 24/7.

Comment 3: Jesse not saying anything to anybody before he left is worrying to me. He may have done that because he expressedly didn't want anyone to go with him. For example, if says, "Hey, I'm going to the bathroom." One of the others might have said, "Hey, I gotta go, too." Or, Jesse could've said, "Hey, I'm going back to the hotel for ten minutes." And the response might've been, "Well, I'm gonna go too, then." So, I think he didn't say anything because he wanted to make sure no one followed. Just a theory. But, it falls in line with common human behavior.

Comment 4: I don't think Jesse was abducted. Not sure if that's good news or bad news. Yes, Chicago is a dangerous place but that area is a tourist/business area. Not the center of crime in the Windy City. For Jesse to walk outside, for whatever reason, and run into some violence seems like a low percentage chance.

Comment 5: You can check the statistics: Not too many white, late teens/early 20-something men disappear in Chicago. Most of the crime in Chicago, very unfortunately, involves minorities. A dang shame.

Comment 6: This all doesn't necessarily mean Jesse harmed himself. I can almost see a scenario of him wanting to go back to his hotel but it's too cold. So, he decides to find a taxi. But, it's 2:30am. So, maybe he waits at a bus stop. I could see him getting on a bus and not realizing until it's too late that it's going the wrong way. So, he has to get off at some other stop and wait. And it very well could be that stop wasn't in the best part of town.

Comment 7: I have to believe that if he committed suicide his body would've been discovered by now. However, since it was cold, and if he found transportation, he could've gone into the water anywhere.

But the key to this is what he was wearing: He wasn't dressed for the elements. It's also the reason I wonder how they got to the hotel in the first place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back