GUILTY IL - Jimella Tunstall, 23, pregnant, & 3 kids murdered, East St Louis, 15 Sept 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just when you think you have heard the absolutely worst.

There are no words.

This article is from before the latest news, but the woman has been charged:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060924/ap_on_re_us/woman_slain

Hall, who was jailed on $5 million bond, faces charges of first-degree murder and intentional homicide of an unborn child in the death of 23-year-old Jimella Tunstall, said St. Clair County State's Attorney Robert Haida.

Relatives of both women told media outlets the two grew up together and attended alternative schools. The woman in custody often baby-sat Tunstall's children, and Tunstall never expressed worry about leaving them in her care, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

Oh my gosh. This whole story is just unbelievable. How could anyone do something like this to a whole family? What an evil demented cousin. I wonder if the cousin was going to sell the baby to someone that was willing to pay big bucks or something. They haven't found the baby? I also wonder if the cousin is in this alone?

They found those little kids in a dryer? I don't even want to think about how they must have died. What in the world makes a person do something so horrible? I hope that cousin gets the death penalty. I can't imagine why she/he wouldn't. Those poor little kids and that poor mom.

My heart just aches for this family. The woman who did this (assuming she also killed the children) has been charged with 1st Degree Murder.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060924/ap_on_re_us/woman_slain

DNA tests should determine definitively whether the baby was the one Tunstall was carrying, Hart said.

The baby was buried Thursday as Taylor Horn after a funeral arranged by L. King Funeral Chapel, whose president said Hall called minutes after the service was to start, asking if she could reschedule for a different day so more relatives could attend. At the time, Levi King said, only two relatives were there.

The woman showed up two hours late, ultimately signing an affidavit for the funeral home stating that the child was hers, King said.

The East St. Louis case is the second recent case in the area involving babies.

Shannon Torrez, 36, of Lonedell, Mo. — south of St. Louis, about an hour's drive from here — is accused of slashing a young mother's throat and kidnapping her baby on Sept. 15. The baby was returned unharmed Tuesday, the same day Torrez was arrested.

Also in Missouri, Lisa Montgomery will stand trial April 30 on charges of snatching a baby from the womb of Bobbie Jo Stinnett at her Skidmore, Mo., home in 2004. The baby survived.

Lord help us all. I hope Illinois has the death penalty. This horrible woman killed 5 people, most likely, counting the unborn baby.

englishleigh said:
Lord help us all. I hope Illinois has the death penalty. This horrible woman killed 5 people, most likely, counting the unborn baby.

I hope her state will charge her in the baby's death. Does anyone know if they do?

I read that she had a funeral for the baby and she was 2 hours late getting there, then she signed off as the baby's mother.

Local news says there are rumours they kids were found in the laundry facilities of the apartment complex where their mother lived, but they cna't confirm. News conference in about 15 minutes.

Here is a link from Fox news;

link
EAST ST. LOUIS, Ill. — Three missing children whose mother and unborn child was allegedly killed by a friend were found dead on Saturday, FOX News has learned.

The children, ages 7, 2 and 1, were found in a dryer in the basement of an apartment complex, according to the East St. Louis, Ill. police.

The three children were stabbed to death before being shoved into the dryer.

Apartment residents noticed a bad odor coming from the unoccupied apartment.

This led police to the grim discovery of the children's bodies.

They were probably murdered the same day as their mother, and by the same person.

No excuse, no personality disorder, no prior abuse, no postpartum depression, none this is cold blooded murder. And these are children, moms and fetus with a reasonable expectation of life.Three little kids with only guidance from an adult and the adult is a killer. Sorry, but I have reached my limit for today. Cruelty is getting harder and harder to deal with. What in the hell is wrong with these people even my dysfunction analysis isn't working.I mean I can only help so far and then we deal with demons.

It just sucks... a whole family, wiped out and for WHAT? I just keep thinking of the terror of this mom and her babies before they died. I hope that they never knew what was coming, but I just don't see that as a possibility.

The suspect was a lifelong friend of the mother....Babysat for the children.

She was not a stranger. She apparently was trusted....Almost family.

I can't imagine the terror that the mother and the children must have experienced when they realized their loving and trusted friend was actually truly evil.

Just heartbreaking. :(

mfmangel1 said:
The suspect was a lifelong friend of the mother....Babysat for the children.

She was not a stranger. She apparently was trusted....Almost family.

I can't imagine the terror that the mother and the children must have experienced when they realized their loving and trusted friend was actually truly evil.

Just heartbreaking. :(

I thought they were family, cousins. That's what I heard early on but maybe it was not true.

It is just hard to fathom how and why this happened. God bless the Mom and her 4 children. Dad too.

SewingDeb, won't Laci's Law bring this woman to justice for killing a pregnant mother? It sure should!

Scandi

She is already to be charged with 2 murder counts according to cnn. So they are charging her with the baby's murder.

A needle to put her sleep and kill her is too easy. There is no punishment harsh enough. And I am shocked a woman would do such a horrendous crime. A whole family gone.
I feel for the police officers that were searching so hard for the children.

I'm sure the father is absolutely devastated.

Those poor babies hadn't even STARTED to live. They should have had many, many years of life to look forward to.

Why in the hell do scumbags like this woman think they have the right to extinguish someone else's life? She is pure evil. I hope she gets the S*** beat out of her every day until the end of her life. I hope she begs for mercy, and gets none. The death penalty is too easy for this devil on earth.:mad: :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710
Back