IL - July 4 Parade, Highland Park, at least 6 fatally shot, 4 July 2022 *son charged, dad guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@Tom_Winter

NEW: Police say the shooting happened at approximately 11:14amET. “We are aggressively looking for the individual responsible for this shooting.” Police say the gunman stopped firing while they were en route and he was obscured or difficult to see according to witnesses.

Police say it was a “high-powered rifle.” Police say, it sounds like the spectators and bystanders as well as parade participants were targeted.

"I watched a girl die in front of me"

RIP

OMG, I can't imagine.

CNN has camera ready, noting LE will have another press conference soon. During the last one, they said they may be able to share a few more details at this one.

ETA: Here's a link to Google Maps of the location - Central Ave. & 2nd Street, Highland Park, IL

“Desperate search for parents of boy who was separated from them during chaos of Fourth of July parade shooting in Chicago suburb where gunman killed six and injured 24”​

I‘m so sorry about the terrible tragedy which has occurred today. May the victims who have died Rest In Peace and sincere condolences to their loved ones. I hope and pray everyone who has been injured survives.

The little boy in this article has been separated from his parents and he has blood on his legs from someone who has been harmed. I hope and pray his parents are still alive.

Last edited:

CITY OF EVANSTON CANCELS 4TH OF JULY PARADE AND CELEBRATIONS​

EVANSTON, IL - Due to a tragic mass shooting that took place earlier this morning in Highland Park, the City of Evanston will be canceling this year’s 4th of July Parade and celebrations effective immediately.

While there is no known threat to Evanston residents, the shooter is still at large; therefore, cancelations are taking place in an abundance of caution.

I'm in the Chicago suburbs, about 30 minutes from Highland Park - have been there many times. Very affluent suburb, typically quiet and peaceful. 4th of July, tons of families just trying to celebrate and be happy - this is a shame. This is not a "typical" "Chicago" shooting - FWIW, MOO, the alleged is a very young white male with an alleged automatic weapon. Most of the gun violence in Chicago is specific to certain areas (not all, but most. . . . ) for this to happen in a suburb of this nature is most alarming.

Again, my opinion only, but it's horrific for it to happen anywhere! I'm so angry - and we continue to do nothing in this country to stop it!

MOO

PC starting

Recommend individuals living in this area to continue to shelter in place. Gave parameters of streets
Everyone else outside that area remain vigilant
FBI, state, county, local police involved
Encouraging anyone with photos or video to send to FBI - gave a phone number
Coroner - 5 dead on the scene, 1 additional decedent who died at hospital
Local LE - Gun is being investigated by ATF, high powered rifle, but not saying more yet.
The decedents on scene were adults
Fire chief - transported to 3 different hospitals, some walk ins too.
At this time, no indication there was more than 1 shooter
SWAT evacuating people out of buildings in radius of crime scene

Focus of investigation now: Green Bay to Laurel to St. Johns to Elm Place, telling people there to shelter in place
At least 1 child was transported. Most were GS wounds to abdomen, limbs, etc.

Last edited:
*This is what I want to do. Hide my face in my hands and wish this away. Unfortunately, we can’t. All we can do is watch in horror…
1656968023828.jpeg

A Lake County police officer walks down Central Avenue in Highland Park on July 4, 2022.

At least 16 people had been shot, officials confirmed. However, an area hospital said it was treating at least 26 people for injuries suffered during the attack; it did not directly say all 26 had suffered gunshot wounds.

Police said the gunman “began randomly shooting parade spectators from a rooftop while the parade was in progress.”

8E7C0E51-3F68-4D78-83C7-4723F8C11718.jpeg

May Mr Toledo Rest In Peace. Sincere condolences to Mr Toledo’s loved ones, I’m so sorry for your loss.

“A heartbroken family has identified their beloved grandfather as one of the six people shot dead at a Fourth of July parade in an affluent Chicago suburb.

Nicholas Toledo was killed Monday when a gunman - who remains at large - opened fire on a parade from the roof of a Highland Park, Illinois outdoor outfitting store.

'We are all feeling pretty numb. We're all pretty broken inside,' Toledo's granddaughter told CBS Chicago reporter Tim McNicholas.”

I really can't imagine this is going to go on for much longer. He left a rifle that will likely allow for it to be traced, so I'd be surprised if they didn't already have a name.

He has to have been caught on camera as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back