IL - Katie McCarron, 3, autistic, murdered, Morton, 13 May 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I also do NOT understand how you can ever CONDONE murder.
Living with a child with Autism can and is very challenging. The outbursts the tantrums the bruises etc take a lot of patience.
There is also the other side, the accomplishments, the interesting way they see the world, the moments of connection.
This woman took the life of another human being and theis human being happened to be her child.
Do I understand the frustration she had, yes.
Do I understand the murder NO WAY!

That may be. However, the severe difficulties of raising an autistic child do not justify putting a plastic bag over the ill child's head and suffocating her. And one does not have to be the mother of an autistic child to have a right to form an opinion about the murder of a three-year-old.

Support groups mean little to me as i see it as not fixing the problem. Autism is increasing day by day and the numbers are getting higher and we need to find out why. Instead of putting all our energies into condeming some poor bird we should be demanding to know the WHOLE truth about Autism. What causes it, what it actually is and it's cure. Make no mistakes the answers are out there and people that need to be held accountable and brought into a court of law and compensation that needs to be paid out to help pay for these kids.

That may be. However, the severe difficulties of raising an autistic child do not justify putting a plastic bag over the ill child's head and suffocating her. And one does not have to be the mother of an autistic child to have a right to form an opinion about the murder of a three-year-old.

But unless your living it how could anyone possibly know. Secondly at the end of the day the mother is as much of a victim as the victim herself. How was the childs diagnosis prsented to her, what supports were put in place for the mother not the child ?? someone has to be held accountable for that too.

But unless your living it how could anyone possibly know. Secondly at the end of the day the mother is as much of a victim as the victim herself. How was the childs diagnosis prsented to her, what supports were put in place for the mother not the child ?? someone has to be held accountable for that too.

Most murders have a reason; that is not the same as a justification.

And it's certainly not justified banging her up in jail when she already is in her own personal jail and has been since her child's diagnosis. There are others in the Autism sector that are more deserving of a jail cell then her. Namely the ones profiting off this epidemic.

So if there's a difficult person you are dealing with in life, it's ok to kill them?

No......... however i don't belive she was thinking correctly, possibly depressed, possibly other mental health issues that MAY have been exaserbated by the toll of Autism on the family. Does this make her a cold blooded killer, NO does this make her another victim of Autism YES.

cenasangel, I am really worried about you. I don't mean that as a slam, I am really worried about you. If you need to talk, pm or email me. I understand the frustrations, believe me. Sometimes talking about it helps. Sometimes it doesn't, but if you want to talk, let me know.

If it makes you feel any better, I just cleaned up a poo party this afternoon after my dd's nap. Did I say party? :waitasec:

No, not 3 times a day. I guess I'm lucky there. Does anyone help you?

cenasangel, I am really worried about you. I don't mean that as a slam, I am really worried about you. If you need to talk, pm or email me. I understand the frustrations, believe me. Sometimes talking about it helps. Sometimes it doesn't, but if you want to talk, let me know.

If it makes you feel any better, I just cleaned up a poo party this afternoon after my dd's nap. Did I say party? :waitasec:

I have the same thought.

Yeah i get help....... but the ones that people really need to worry about are thopse that are not or cannot seek help. Those that are not reciving any services

It's certainly not easy getting services where I'm at. Mostly my husband is the best support I have. At the most we get reduced-cost speech therapy and we don't qualify for much else. This causes a lot of stress in our family. So far so good though.

The mother we have been discussing was in the medical field and probably knew a lot more about services than the average parent. She probably could afford it as well. That's one of my biggest struggles with this case.

It's certainly not easy getting services where I'm at. Mostly my husband is the best support I have. At the most we get reduced-cost speech therapy and we don't qualify for much else. This causes a lot of stress in our family. So far so good though.

The mother we have been discussing was in the medical field and probably knew a lot more about services than the average parent. She probably could afford it as well. That's one of my biggest struggles with this case.

You remind me of a friend who is a psychologist, and she just couldn't handle her daughter. She put her in a group home. Her daughter is miserable there, but she just couldn't handle her and how the rest of the family was affected. It still makes me sad.

csds, sometimes I do worry if I'll be able to handle my daughter when she's older. She's just 8 now and can kick my butt, and that of my dh when she's throwing a tantrum. She can also hurt herself by throwing herself around. It's not fun. It is scary though thinking of what she might do when she's the same size as me! :eek:

Ack, a home. :( The thought alone makes me sad because someone would be going through this with her that doesn't have the love we do for her. Hopefully it never comes to that with ours. I certainly understand it though.

I wish I could remember the name of a book I read about the struggles of a son and his family. They did end up putting him in a group home I believe.

This goes on all the time, I guess.

csds, sometimes I do worry if I'll be able to handle my daughter when she's older. She's just 8 now and can kick my butt, and that of my dh when she's throwing a tantrum. She can also hurt herself by throwing herself around. It's not fun. It is scary though thinking of what she might do when she's the same size as me! :eek:

Ack, a home. :( The thought alone makes me sad because someone would be going through this with her that doesn't have the love we do for her. Hopefully it never comes to that with ours. I certainly understand it though.

I wish I could remember the name of a book I read about the struggles of a son and his family. They did end up putting him in a group home I believe.

This goes on all the time, I guess.

I've read alot about your daughter in the autism thread. She's still young and sounds high functioning. I think she will be just fine and will outgrow the tantrums.
Hang in there Taximom, I remember that stage. Thought it would NEVER get better, but it did.
Not that we never see an outburst, but they are not violent anymore.

Oh YAY! I'll tell hubby. I didn't realize it was a stage. I hope that's the case anyway. Thanks. (Are the poo parties a stage?!) Wrong thread. Sorry.

Oh YAY! I'll tell hubby. I didn't realize it was a stage. I hope that's the case anyway. Thanks. (Are the poo parties a stage?!) Wrong thread. Sorry.

Yeah, a weird one, but that passed too. LOL.

As the mom of a little boy who has autism this really makes me angry. I hope she recieves the punishment she deserves and I am sorry that her little girl was unfortunate enough to have her as her mother.

I couldn't agree with you more! Sounds like the mother was only concerned with her own well being and how autism affect her, not her child... she had support and intelligence, yet decided to kill her baby. Living with autism is extremely difficult, but there are options such as placing the child in foster care. This person was so self-centered... I have no sympathy for selfish people like that. The baby was only three...three year olds without autism can be challenging...poor little one, rest in peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch
Back