IL - Katie McCarron, 3, autistic, murdered, Morton, 13 May 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could you elaborate on this point a little. Are you suggesting a conspiracy of some sorts? Just asking, as I am not following exactly what you are trying to say.

200% i'm saying there is a conspiracy in the medical and sientific community. They should be on trial not her.

200% i'm saying there is a conspiracy in the medical and sientific community. They should be on trial not her.
lets assume you are correct about the conspiracy. in what way does that remove the mothers guilt? we often see children here that are the victim of abuse from multiple people. dad rapes a child then mom beats it to death, wouldn't they both be guilty? the fact that maybe doctors had a hand in this child's suffering makes it more tragic that the person charged with protecting her killed her instead.

lets assume you are correct about the conspiracy. in what way does that remove the mothers guilt? we often see children here that are the victim of abuse from multiple people. dad rapes a child then mom beats it to death, wouldn't they both be guilty? the fact that maybe doctors had a hand in this child's suffering makes it more tragic that the person charged with protecting her killed her instead.

But if the doctors and scientists were forced to revel what they knew then we would not be sitting here having this conversation. If they investigated the MMR vaccine and came to the rightful conclusion that it is a drug not fit for human consumption then this would save many more cases of this kind. The problem is there are too many people and companies making a profit off Autism. If you look at some of these programes that are privately run it costs thousands to get a place. Where is the money going ??? who is profiting from this ???

Let's put the makers of the MMR vaccine on trial before we crucify some poor bird who couldn't cope and got dumped in a situation she knew nothing about shall we ???

But if the doctors and scientists were forced to revel what they knew then we would not be sitting here having this conversation. If they investigated the MMR vaccine and came to the rightful conclusion that it is a drug not fit for human consumption then this would save many more cases of this kind. The problem is there are too many people and companies making a profit off Autism. If you look at some of these programes that are privately run it costs thousands to get a place. Where is the money going ??? who is profiting from this ???

Let's put the makers of the MMR vaccine on trial before we crucify some poor bird who couldn't cope and got dumped in a situation she knew nothing about shall we ???

I just heard recently that it was ruled out that autism is caused by any vaccines as previously thought.

sorry but i cant agree to that. it does not matter why her child was disabled she should not place a bag over her head and kill her. some kids are born perfect and never face a real disability. some are born perfect but later develop disabilities. some suffer from the moment of birth. what kids is it ok to kill? is their a cut off point? if a man rapes your child and the child becomes full or rage and is out of control due to the abuse can we just kill it because it is too hard to handle? if a drunk driver hits your baby and leaves them with sever brain damage we dont just shoot them on the spot like a horse with a bad leg. this child was just a toddler. who knows what her future held. i can have pity for a mother that suffers with her child thru such a tough road. when mom kills the child because the road is to hard she gave up her right to ask for pity. if her child was born disabled and there was nobody to "blame" she would still be dumped into a situation she knew nothing about. would it still be not her fault for holding the bag over her babies head?

sorry but i cant agree to that. it does not matter why her child was disabled she should not place a bag over her head and kill her. some kids are born perfect and never face a real disability. some are born perfect but later develop disabilities. some suffer from the moment of birth. what kids is it ok to kill? is their a cut off point? if a man rapes your child and the child becomes full or rage and is out of control due to the abuse can we just kill it because it is too hard to handle? if a drunk driver hits your baby and leaves them with sever brain damage we dont just shoot them on the spot like a horse with a bad leg. this child was just a toddler. who knows what her future held. i can have pity for a mother that suffers with her child thru such a tough road. when mom kills the child because the road is to hard she gave up her right to ask for pity. if her child was born disabled and there was nobody to "blame" she would still be dumped into a situation she knew nothing about. would it still be not her fault for holding the bag over her babies head?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I just heard recently that it was ruled out that autism is caused by any vaccines as previously thought.

Of course that's what you heard because that's what the drug companies want you to belive. Can you imagine the financial loss if they publicised the truth and no parents had their child vaccinated. They would go bankrupt in a week.

Poor doctors like Andrew wakefield who come forth and tell the truth with their syudies get their carrers sabotaged and publicly defamed.

Originally Posted by sherri79

It's not about blame it's about how we can astop this epidemic and what can be done to stop more people becoming victims. Fair enough this poor bird killed her daughter because she couldn't cope but the fact still remains there are people making money off people like us who were unsuspecting victims. Instead of crucifying her we should be seeing what should be done about this situation to make sure this never happens again by demanding answers

On a side note i did notice that right now there is a huge backlash against Ambien and the makers of the drug that was found with Heath Ledger but why has their not been that very same outcry to ban the MMR vaccine ???

Originally Posted by sherri79

It's not about blame it's about how we can astop this epidemic and what can be done to stop more people becoming victims. Fair enough this poor bird killed her daughter because she couldn't cope but the fact still remains there are people making money off people like us who were unsuspecting victims. Instead of crucifying her we should be seeing what should be done about this situation to make sure this never happens again by demanding answers

On a side note i did notice that right now there is a huge backlash against Ambien and the makers of the drug that was found with Heath Ledger but why has their not been that very same outcry to ban the MMR vaccine ???
it is not about how to stop the epidemic. it is about a mother who killed her child. how the child was disabled may be personal for you but it matters not in this case. there is no legal defence that says "bad people made my baby sick so i can kill it because it is too hard".

it is not about how to stop the epidemic. it is about a mother who killed her child. how the child was disabled may be personal for you but it matters not in this case. there is no legal defence that says "bad people made my baby sick so i can kill it because it is too hard".

It's not even about it being too hard........Obviously this childs needs were to great and she could not cope. It's easy for those on the outside looking in to judge and crucify but at the end of the day it's an epidemic and they both were victims not just the child. You can put her in jail all you like and i'm sure that suits the drug companies just dandy but it's not going to solve a thing and there are going to be many more Karen's until we as a socirty wake up and start adressing this epidemic.

I know of families with bigger struggles than McCarron had with her daughter. I know parents that have to give their child medications every 3 hours, feed them through a tube at certain times, physically move them around from bed, to chair, to the toilet, to the chair, etc. Their lack of sleep alone is stressful, let alone all the care they have to give to their child.

THOSE people are stressed. What can they do? Kill their child? There is no drug company to blame for their stressors.

It may be an epidemic, but killing your child is not the answer. It's the easy way out, but it's not the answer.

IMO

It's not even about it being too hard........Obviously this childs needs were to great and she could not cope. It's easy for those on the outside looking in to judge and crucify but at the end of the day it's an epidemic and they both were victims not just the child. You can put her in jail all you like and i'm sure that suits the drug companies just dandy but it's not going to solve a thing and there are going to be many more Karen's until we as a socirty wake up and start adressing this epidemic.

Speaking as a family member, in which we are all victims of Autism, Instead of killing children, why not give up parental rights? The selfishness of disabled child killing parents is staggering. "I don't want them, but I don't want anyone else to have them". NO!!! There is always another choice.

If more parents choose NOT to kill, but instead give up the child as wards of the state...the government would have to take note, yes?

ETA: I'm not saying I think parents of autistic children should all turn over their kids...just the ones who have thoughts of KILLING them.

I know of families with bigger struggles than McCarron had with her daughter. I know parents that have to give their child medications every 3 hours, feed them through a tube at certain times, physically move them around from bed, to chair, to the toilet, to the chair, etc. Their lack of sleep alone is stressful, let alone all the care they have to give to their child.

THOSE people are stressed. What can they do? Kill their child? There is no drug company to blame for their stressors.

It may be an epidemic, but killing your child is not the answer. It's the easy way out, but it's not the answer.

IMO

I totally agree Taxi. There was a story awhile back of a mother fighting to keep her 1 year old on lifesupport. He was born blind and deaf and the hospital wanted to take him off but she did not want him to die until it was his time as she loved him so much with all the imperfections. They said he was brain dead but she said he would smile and she knew he knew she was with him. That is a mother in my book. She loved her child so much even though he had such severe problems. She didn't want to let go. A few weeks later he did pass away naturally and she was able to cope with that. I think it is a chance you take having children. They may be disabled and not perfect but most people would not kill their child because they had a disability. JMO.

aids is a epidemic. do we tell parents if you cant cope when your child is diagnosed feel free to kill your child? child sex abuse is a epidemic. do we tell moms now that your child has been damaged and you both have suffered due to some pervert we wont judge you if you hold a bag over the child's head til they are dead?

no mother is promised a perfect child. if you are lucky and your child is born healthy then you live every day with the risk something can happen. a illness that leaves your child damaged. a car accident. a fall from the top bunk of their bed. a predator abuses your child. it wont end as they age. many mental disorders wont show until the child is older. will they drink too much at college and end up with brain damage? try drugs just once and react badly? having a child comes with risk. some we can control and some we can not. some dangers our children face came be blamed on evil people and some are just random bad luck. no matter what happens you are still the mother. if you can not accept the risk dont have kids. if you have kids and find you can not cope give the child a chance with a family that can. unless you are yates insane you dont not kill your child due to your inability to cope. this mother faced a terrible situation. she would have felt anger, guilt, depression, actually grief over the death of the future she had hoped for her child. these are normal emotions when faced with a child suffering not a sign she was insane. faced with a life that she had to devote to a child that would never be what the mother had dreamed she could not handle it. that was a failure on the mothers side. given the choice of killing her own child or giving it away she chose to kill it. the mother faced a tough situation through no fault of her own and chose to escape it buy murdering her child.

we have a dead child and a guilty mother. others may be guilty for harming this innocent child but none of that takes away from the mothers guilt for killing the baby. every killer looks for some1 else to blame or a way to justify what they have done. being a mother is hard. being a mother with a disabled child is heartbreakingly hard. it is not a excuse for murder.

IMO

Some have stronger threshholds than others.

I totally agree Taxi. There was a story awhile back of a mother fighting to keep her 1 year old on lifesupport. He was born blind and deaf and the hospital wanted to take him off but she did not want him to die until it was his time as she loved him so much with all the imperfections. They said he was brain dead but she said he would smile and she knew he knew she was with him. That is a mother in my book. She loved her child so much even though he had such severe problems. She didn't want to let go. A few weeks later he did pass away naturally and she was able to cope with that. I think it is a chance you take having children. They may be disabled and not perfect but most people would not kill their child because they had a disability. JMO.

That's completely different........he was not home with her and therefore not his full time carer

A judge in central Illinois has sentenced a Morton woman to 36 years in prison for killing her 3-year-old autistic daughter.

Karen McCarron was sentenced during a morning hearing in Pekin, just outside Peoria, after being convicted of first-degree murder in January. She had pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/autism.Karen.McCarron.2.689701.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout
Back