GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Car near Katrina's brothers house or the FB posters brothers house?

Car near the poster's brothers house. Says he heard a scream around 4 in the morning. Didn't realize what was going on until LE was on the scene later on searching her car. I am trying to go back and see if I can find the comment again, but it truly seems to have disappeared. It is possilbe that LE or the the admin removed it. Not sure.

Exactly and it's not even like starting a fire and walking away, in that way the fire would progress and it would be easier for people to get out. He did it in a way that all of a sudden the house would blow up. A mentally challenged kid who had just started on hard drugs burned down my apartment building a number of years ago. IMO arson isn't simply arson if people are inside and it's an attempt on someones life.

it just makes me wonder if he still does this "just trying to scare" when things arent working out for him...

im officially on the fence due to the amount of crime in the area...but the blowing up the house business is serious imo...:fence:

Scadder this was posted on the find Katrina FB page. The person who posted it said they reported it to LE. The only reason I even bring it up is because the car was also found behind the poster's brothers house where the scream was heard. It was posted on Saturday (along with many other posts, in the comments sections by an LK)

ETA: The comment may have been removed if it was legit.

i did read this too...a couple of days ago

Car near the poster's brothers house. Says he heard a scream around 4 in the morning. Didn't realize what was going on until LE was on the scene later on searching her car. I am trying to go back and see if I can find the comment again, but it truly seems to have disappeared. It is possilbe that LE or the the admin removed it. Not sure.

I don't put much credence in this really. If it was an abductor and they took her at 9, where was she for 7 hours? If it was someone closer to her why do anything outside.

Do we know when the search warrant will be executed?

Well it wasn't excused, was it? He went to court for it and a jury or judge sentenced him.

And has he set any other fires in the past 27 years? Not that we know of. So maybe it was juvenile mistake after all.

Sorry I can't just jump on the blame-the-husband waggon. Not yet anyway. I need more than that.

I'm on the fence, with regard to the husband's involvement.

But, I have to say his character is certainly not sterling. Bilking seniors out of millions of dollars? Removing a gas plug with the knowledge it produces a bomb and your family is sleeping upstairs? That is more than just a "juvenile mistake". Three people could have lost their lives, instead of just their home and all their cherished objects.

I'm not calling you out, just expressing my opinion. In the Allstate court transcript, I noted there was no mention of a mental disability or illness. Just that Todd felt his parents were overly strict :what:

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree, he certaintly isn't a person I'd like to be aquainted with (as I said already early on).

Yet he has 3 beautiful daughters and a beautiful wife, has sustained long relationships with them - he can't be a complete *advertiser censored* imo. His family seem all to be very much behind him.

As you, I'm on the fence, and wait for further developments.

Why is there no "Active Search" in the title of this thread?

I don't put much credence in this really. If it was an abductor and they took her at 9, where was she for 7 hours? If it was someone closer to her why do anything outside.

we don't really know she actually left at 9... as far as i know, the only person that "saw her leave at 9" was the husband.

we don't really know she actually left at 9... as far as i know, the only person that "saw her leave at 9" was the husband.

I agree, just stating that really there is no need for her to be out at that local at 4 am and I doubt she was at that point.

I think when someone reports a family member missing, the house should be searched at once, even as outdoor searching is taking place as well. Statistics alone should be enough to grant search warrants. JMO

fb is really getting a bad reaction to their "press conference" to explain ts's past...

fb is really getting a bad reaction to their "press conference" to explain ts's past...

That is really rather an understatement! :floorlaugh:

If this was a PR attempt it definitely backfired... :what: And if it's genuine, well, no one else is going to speak out after this based on the reception he's getting even before doing it.

Maybe they shouldn't have announced it and should have just done it?

That is really rather an understatement! :floorlaugh:

If this was a PR attempt it definitely backfired... :what: And if it's genuine, well, no one else is going to speak out after this based on the reception he's getting even before doing it.

Maybe they shouldn't have announced it and should have just done it?

i think they would do better with a candlelight vigil if anything... im sure the family is prolly exhausted maybe they just didnt think it thru??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur