GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NOTHING drives me more crazy than when someone says, "We need to get back to focusing on finding _______!" UUGGGHH!!! When we talk about the fire, and illegalities, and the fact that this person was the last person to see the missing woman, then we ARE focusing on finding her...

Bless their hearts, I know the husband's brother means well but I don't think there is much they can reveal that will change the focus at this time....

i think they would do better with a candlelight vigil if anything... im sure the family is prolly exhausted maybe they just didnt think it thru??

I agree, Nellie. Whatever they say, its not going to sway LE. Its not going to change the facts....or the search...or the rumors.

The vigil is always a great idea.....

I agree, Nellie. Whatever they say, its not going to sway LE. Its not going to change the facts....or the search...or the rumors.

The vigil is always a great idea.....

i bet that might be what it ends up being...i hope, the presser idea might turn into a mess if they go thru with it? jmho

i bet that might be what it ends up being...i hope, the presser idea might turn into a mess if they go thru with it? jmho

Sounds like quite the mess already, doesn't it? Too bad.

I think we all feel how this will end.

Sounds like quite the mess already, doesn't it? Too bad.

I think we all feel how this will end.

Honestly, I hope she fled and staged her own abduction. But I doubt it, and if she did not, very little chance she is alive.

it just makes me wonder if he still does this "just trying to scare" when things arent working out for him...

im officially on the fence due to the amount of crime in the area...but the blowing up the house business is serious imo...:fence:

He is in financial hot soup right now.

Did he have a life insurance policy on Katrina?

I think when someone reports a family member missing, the house should be searched at once, even as outdoor searching is taking place as well. Statistics alone should be enough to grant search warrants. JMO

Hi all...coming in late and catching up...but do we have any idea as to WHY they didn't search the house until now? I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. Why wouldn't they search the house first!? The last place she was reported as being seen?!? Has the friend's condo been searched? What a mess.

BTW I have seen ZERO MSM coverage for this in a major metro just an hour away.

Always, MOO

He is in financial hot soup right now.

Did he have a life insurance policy on Katrina?

i would hope that they both had policies, considering they have the kids to worry about. most folks have reasonably priced life ins. dont they? idk... the thought of a ridiculously huge policy...thats another thought entirely..moo

fb is really getting a bad reaction to their "press conference" to explain ts's past...

Truthfully it seems a little self-centered considering his wife is missing. I'm personally more concerned with the more recent allegations he is facing.

Jeeze, have a sit down with a reporter and tell your story. The rest of the stations and papers will pick it up

Haven't heard much about the step daugthers mother. Wonder if they are still a part of their life?

I don't know that she would have a sizable life insurance policy, considering her age and also the fact that those girls aren't really hers. I imagine their dad was their primary provider.

I haven't heard anything from the girls' mother either....I guess we don't even know if she is still living. Now, that gives me pause.

I don't know why I don't think this was a long, pre-meditated crime. I think it was a "crime of passion".....because she was leaving him.

Wonder when we know anything from the search warrant.

maybe when he gets arrested shortly after his "presser"

TS is diverting attention from finding his wife ... now why in the heck would a loving husband do such a thing? Unreal :twocents:

Ok so just saying. Been looking at a the daughter's FB pictures. There's a pic with Katrina said this woman is my second mother- but in all her pics she doesn't refer to her real mom or have any pictures of her at all. Makes you wonder.

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree, he certaintly isn't a person I'd like to be aquainted with (as I said already early on).

Yet he has 3 beautiful daughters and a beautiful wife, has sustained long relationships with them - he can't be a complete *advertiser censored* imo. His family seem all to be very much behind him.

As you, I'm on the fence, and wait for further developments.

I have to respectfully disagree.

It does make sense to assume that a potential murderer would be unable to sustain a long term relationship, until you consider how charming and "successful" a sociopath or psychopath can be. They can be. excellent manipulators! They can fool co-workers, family members, friends, neighbors and even doctors or counselors.

It's when the wife finally realizes just how cold-blooded and evil he can be that she is likely to end up dead. It is hardest to fool the wife. She may be completely taken in by his "pretend" good guy persona, but once he knows he has her (after marriage or often after they have kids), he will reserve the "good guy" persona for work and socializing and she will become the outlet for his wrath.

Just MOO

So the warrant was needed because he wouldn't let them search the house. Red Flag!

If you report your wife missing, wouldn't you expect that LE is going to ask to look in the home. Not allowing them to search makes no sense. How do you search for someone without looking in their home and trying to find info about their life?

That is a major red flag.

I still can't find anything on the girls mom.

ditto...
IMO, the daughters are so impressive! Their accomplishments, the love they have for Katrina ... my heart really goes out to them during this difficult time. I only see photos of them with Katrina and/or their father. The daughters are talented, smart and such nice girls. They came back from college to search and have been there every day. It has been cold and treacherous for the searchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur