GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He filed the name change petition in August 1992. Wonder if Smith is a family name, or if he just chose the most common last name in America.

Several cases under that old name of his.

Smith is the last name of the family that took him in as their own and raised him and gave him a supportive family after being estranged from his birth family. Just to clarify where the last name came from. This is also the family he still calls his own and supports him throughout this extremely sad and painful time. They have always treated him as an equal sibling and still refer to him as their brother and his daughters as their nieces.

it was one scam investing in another scam imo, the document that i posted was for a hearing in january 2012 not that far in the past. jmho

Yeah, I was talking about the past from when he was 17. You are correct the investment scam was not that far in the past. I have a feeling there are multiple individuals like TS that are in similar legal proceedings over the CFF Club thing.

LM I apologize if I am wrong, I swear I saw Cash Flow Financial linked to his address on Tetterhall. I'm trying to find the link but retract the statement until I do.

Smith is the last name of the family that took him in as their own and raised him and gave him a supportive family after being estranged from his birth family. Just to clarify where the last name came from. This is also the family he still calls his own and supports him throughout this extremely sad and painful time. They have always treated him as an equal sibling and still refer to him as their brother and his daughters as their nieces.

So a family took him in as there own after he was 17 years old and after his stay in SwedishAmerica I think it's called?

LM I apologize if I am wrong, I swear I saw Cash Flow Financial linked to his address on Tetterhall. I'm trying to find the link but retract the statement until I do.

No need to apologize, it could easily have been misreported as those things do tend to happen.

Here is a link to the stop fraud government site with information about CFF Club.

http://www.stopfraud.gov/iso/opa/stopfraud/2012/12-crs-671.html

Regardless of all of this, I still hold out hope that Katrina will be found alive and safe.

This is completely incorrect, CFF Club was owned and operated by 2 other people, who have already been sentenced to prison. They are the ones that swindled the 40+ million from investors and people they scammed into bringing them investors such as TS and the others named in the case that was linked by Nellie. TS was not nor ever was a part of CFF Club, he was just one of many middle men that invested clients money into that club with promises of returns.

www.cffclub.com

Also if you read the document Nellie posted thoroughly you will notice that TS was more of a salesman, a worker, that spoke with people about investing and all funds were payable to Mr. Oliver's business at which point TS received money back in the amount of $50-60,000 which he could have been under the impression was his commission or pay for bringing these investors to Mr. Oliver.

Granted TS was not licensed to be doing this sort of financial/investment advisory, but we do not know the whole story as to how this whole thing came to fruition.

Is there any indication that the other *players* involved in this scam could be responsible for her disappearance?

Is there any indication that the other *players* involved in this scam could be responsible for her disappearance?

The other ones are in jail correct? Come to think of it TS probably didn't play a huge role I'm guessing if this court doc was in Jan and he still isn't in jail in Nov. Probably just has to raise money to pay the 10k fine for each investor he lead to CFF.

For all my LE friends here. They can't technically make an arrest when it hasn't been proven a crime has been committed?

Which means they can have evidence that someone is responsible for someones disappearance but can't make an arrest until they know for sure that there was a crime committed. Am I wrong about that?

For all my LE friends here. They can't technically make an arrest when it hasn't been proven a crime has been committed?

Which means they can have evidence that someone is responsible for someones disappearance but can't make an arrest until they know for sure that there was a crime committed. Am I wrong about that?

I am not LE, however, in order to make an arrest, there would have to be strong evidence that a crime took place. Then that info is presented to the DA's office for a determination. In some states, a GJ is convened. There is no point in charging someone without "fail proof" evidence that would reasonably convince a jury of the defendant's guilt/culpability. It's a tricky and frustrating process from a legal standpoint. JMO.

This is one missing person's case that looks like foul play from the get-go, unfortunately (car found, and purse and cell phone too), Katrina's personal life. I hope and pray this is not the case.:please:

Looks like Katrina's brother, who is leading the search, has posted that they found a few items on their search yesterday. Praying this is leading them in the right direction. Im from the area, and while its frustrating that the officials are not making any statements, Im proud that our LE seems tight as a drum on this; no slipups that could jeopardize something later.

Looks like Katrina's brother, who is leading the search, has posted that they found a few items on their search yesterday. Praying this is leading them in the right direction. Im from the area, and while its frustrating that the officials are not making any statements, Im proud that our LE seems tight as a drum on this; no slipups that could jeopardize something later.

thank you, Cluck, for keeping us updated as much as you are able to!

Hope the items found lead her loved ones and LE to Katrina!

:please:

Do you have a link to the post, that sounds like good news, anything they find is helpful.

It was on the scrolling comments earlier on the findkatrinasmith FB page, so I dont have the link. I agree that anything they find would be helpful!

I read the facebook posts it is on the side under "recent posts by others". :please: Praying what they find leads to her, BUT I'm a bit uncomfortable with the leak of information that something was found and where it was found at.

i'm wondering if a witness saw a male perp driving the car, or parking the car (during the time frame in question), or perhaps walking/jogging in an area between the car and the Smith home (towards the home).

also - was there ever a release of information regarding what she was wearing when she left that night to go on her errand? why wouldn't that information be released? like "hey, we have this missing person and this is what she looks like and she was last seen wearing such and such clothes in case you saw someone fitting the description that night" etc. it would also be helpful when searching.

but then again, TS could say he wasn't sure... or give false information (whether on purpose or not)...

im half asleep and i looked all over that page and cant find anything...downstairs i posted what was found ... but i dont know if there was more and/or different things?? i was on the scanner till 3am and nothing new came thru there--it wouldnt really have to though either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState