GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
also - was there ever a release of information regarding what she was wearing when she left that night to go on her errand? why wouldn't that information be released? like "hey, we have this missing person and this is what she looks like and she was last seen wearing such and such clothes in case you saw someone fitting the description that night" etc. it would also be helpful when searching.

but then again, TS could say he wasn't sure... or give false information (whether on purpose or not)...

ive read that she was last wearing a burgundy sweater and black pants...no coat and the shoes i am assuming that she was wearing have never been described...

also - was there ever a release of information regarding what she was wearing when she left that night to go on her errand? why wouldn't that information be released? like "hey, we have this missing person and this is what she looks like and she was last seen wearing such and such clothes in case you saw someone fitting the description that night" etc. it would also be helpful when searching.

but then again, TS could say he wasn't sure... or give false information (whether on purpose or not)...

I, too, wonder why the clothes/jewelry/etc. Katrina was last wearing hasn't been reported yet?

Unless I missed it?

:waitasec:

ETA: Just read Nellie's post.... Burgundy Sweater, Black Pants, No Coat...

i attached her missing poster from the official fb site ...

Attachments

• 552187_544090402271961_394437571_n.jpg
    552187_544090402271961_394437571_n.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 26
does someone have a link to "downstairs"? i'm lost (and in the middle of working, covering mine and someone else's jobs today). lol. thank you!!

It is the scanner thread in the members only area at the lower part of the forum...called "Parking Lot"...

Not sure if we can link it up here, as it has to stay separate from this thread.

I haven't visited here in quite awhile but should have known that there would be a thread about Katrina.
I'm local and have friends very close to the investigative side of the case - believe I'm also acquainted with DG that Anna mentioned.
I have heard much is happening behind the scenes right now, hopefully this means Katrina will soon be found. Off to catch up on this thread :)

Smith is the last name of the family that took him in as their own and raised him and gave him a supportive family after being estranged from his birth family. Just to clarify where the last name came from. This is also the family he still calls his own and supports him throughout this extremely sad and painful time. They have always treated him as an equal sibling and still refer to him as their brother and his daughters as their nieces.

I was under the impression that Smith was in fact his birth name that he went back to after the arson case.

I was under the impression that Smith was in fact his birth name that he went back to after the arson case.

I think you're right, I've heard from numerous people that know TS, Smith was his birth name.

So, Rapranger Dad, Mom and Younger Sib in the attempted arson were an adoptive family? Trying to put it all together....

i haven't visited here in quite awhile but should have known that there would be a thread about katrina.
I'm local and have friends very close to the investigative side of the case - believe i'm also acquainted with dg that anna mentioned.
I have heard much is happening behind the scenes right now, hopefully this means katrina will soon be found. Off to catch up on this thread :)

excellent.

Smith is the last name of the family that took him in as their own and raised him and gave him a supportive family after being estranged from his birth family. Just to clarify where the last name came from. This is also the family he still calls his own and supports him throughout this extremely sad and painful time. They have always treated him as an equal sibling and still refer to him as their brother and his daughters as their nieces.

Just checked my sources and this is 100% false. Todd Smith was in fact his birth name. He was adopted by Herbert Raprager as a child but he went back to using his birth name after the arson case.

My earlier question to Anna re how many people are involved in the search and hanging up flyers etc was answered today on the fb page: 7500!!! That's really outstanding. This community really must love her very much. Pray she is found soon!

My earlier question to Anna re how many people are involved in the search and hanging up flyers etc was answered today on the fb page: 7500!!! That's really outstanding. This community really must love her very much. Pray she is found soon!

Katrina sounds like a wonderful person... Loved by many!

Hope she is found soon!:please:

Just checked my sources and this is 100% false. Todd Smith was in fact his birth name. He was adopted by Herbert Raprager as a child but he went back to using his birth name after the arson case.

Well the Smith family that stands by him and has attended all family type events and holidays for the last 25+ years has the last name of Smith as well, so either his birth family is the one he reunited with after the Raprager's, or it is another Smith family that took him in after he was 17. Perhaps he was born a Smith, given up for adoption and it wasn't until after the incident at 17 that the birth family reunited with TS and he became family once again?

Also I hear so much talk about a "boyfriend" and that she was leaving TS, if that is the case, why hasn't this boyfriend come to light, or been questioned or made any statements. If there really is a boyfriend as many claim, then why aren't people wondering who he is and where he was the night she disappeared? If this is indeed true, then it is very suspicious that this information has not come out and I think it would have by now, which just leads me to believe this is not the case, along with the fact that Katrina posted just a couple weeks before her disappearance about TS being the love of her life in a happy anniversary post.

We do know that the car was at the location it was found early tuesday morning as a local cyclist that rides that route every day does recall seeing the vehicle there on Tuesday morning after she went missing. I am trying to find out what time, that way we at least have a timeframe between 9pm and xx am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member