GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does not sound as though Katrina would leave in such a way as to suggest she had been abducted, if she did want to get away. I don't believe she left voluntarily for a moment.

It does not sound as though Katrina would leave in such a way as to suggest she had been abducted, if she did want to get away. I don't believe she left voluntarily for a moment.

I agree, it doesn't sound the same, but one can hope, I just hope she is alive and safe.

Ugh, where is she???? Honestly, I would live if she is found safe but the reality doesn't look good. So sad. And what's more sad is that she may have been harmed by someone she knew. I can't point fingers but my god, it seems almost obvious. I don't know, I am not trying to be "right."

If she was in fact separated and has a boyfriend, I would really look closely at the fact that her husband claims there was no separation. I hate that I even typed it past tense !! In sure LE is all over it and is watching their suspects every move

I feel really sad for Katrina's brother. Poor guy who I'd love to hug and make soup for as he is on FB saying how tired and sick he is.

Again, moo

Obviously we all hope Katrina, as well as every other missing person, is alive and safe someplace. But circumstances certainly don't point to that outcome here, unless she would deliberately stage this type of disappearance and allow her loved ones to worry in this way.

Is there any proof of a plan made by Katrina to run off and disappear? I just do not think so. This brings me to something that has been bothering me. The puppy. The puppy in the photos is about 7 weeks. Those were posted to her FB the end of Sept. This was a brand new puppy.

Where was the puppy when she went missing.
The dog is a pure breed and an expensive one too. They are high energy and need lots of attention, training and room to run. I do not think Katrina would buy a new puppy and just leave it. I do not think this is a breed that you buy without ample thought.

Was she able to take the dog to the condo or was she returning to the Smith home daily to care for it. Who is caring for the dog now.

just my thoughts

jmo

Locals - is her husband in the media at all pleading for his wife's whereabouts? In far from IL and don't know what's happening there.

I would also like to know if LE have given the husband or any others close to Katrina a poly and what were the results.

jmo

ETA
I guess I am not using question marks tonight.
I apologize for the poor punctuation.

I think we all know that Katrina is not a run-away.

I would also like to know if LE have given the husband or any others close to Katrina a poly and what were the results.

jmo

ETA
I guess I am not using question marks tonight.
I apologize for the poor punctuation.

If they have...that information hasn't been released to the media. Media is reporting, but they don't seem to be pushing.

Depends on what evidence there is, if any. People have been charged with murder without the victim being found several times; most recently, Mickey Shunick's killer, also April Jones, the little girl in Wales who is still missing. Josh Powell should have been charged with Susan's murder.

... And D'Andre Lane was just convicted of daughter Bianca's murder, too...

Locals - is her husband in the media at all pleading for his wife's whereabouts? In far from IL and don't know what's happening there.

Nope. He gave one interview that was less than convincing, spent quite a bit of time talking about how the Facebook comments questioning his involvement had hurt his feelings. The interview is still available on the WIFR website I believe.

Nope. He gave one interview that was less than convincing, spent quite a bit of time talking about how the Facebook comments questioning his involvement had hurt his feelings. The interview is still available on the WIFR website I believe.

that disturbed me a bit....

i asked this somewhere else, but, why was katrina reported missing in roscoe? ts says she doesnt live there but he went there to report her missing?

I'm watching another case right now where an 81 year old man disappeared from his home without a trace. He was worth a lot of money and it appears his kids had been supported by him their whole adult lives. No body has been found, nor any signs of foul play.

The family now has to wait the 5 years of him missing to have him declared dead before they can distribute his estate. What I'm getting at is how long without any evidence that there was foul play would LE have to wait to bring someone up on charges for murder if they never find a body???

Oh and please locals, please get verified. We have a couple here and they are saying conflicting things so we can't take anything coming out now as truth and factual without a link to back up what you are saying. Thanks.

i asked this somewhere else, but, why was katrina reported missing in roscoe? ts says she doesnt live there but he went there to report her missing?

At the time of her disappearance Katrina had been staying at a condo in Roscoe. TS said that she was house sitting but according to the landlord she was living there. I believe that she moved into the Roscoe condo sometime around when the incident at her work took place.

Several people have asked on the Facebook page as to why Todd reported Katrina missing to the Roscoe police instead of Machesney Park where he last reported seeing her and there has never been an answer given.

At the time of her disappearance Katrina had been staying at a condo in Roscoe. TS said that she was house sitting but according to the landlord she was living there. I believe that she moved into the Roscoe condo sometime around when the incident at her work took place.

Several people have asked on the Facebook page as to why Todd reported Katrina missing to the Roscoe police instead of Machesney Park where he last reported seeing her and there has never been an answer given.

i guess it just seems odd because ts expected her to return to the tetterhall address, yes? if so thats where she went missing from imo... not where she was "house sitting" but wasnt house sitting that night if she was going back to the tetterhall address. i get hung up on this part of the story. it doesnt make sense...jmho

I'm watching another case right now where an 81 year old man disappeared from his home without a trace. He was worth a lot of money and it appears his kids had been supported by him their whole adult lives. No body has been found, nor any signs of foul play.

The family now has to wait the 5 years of him missing to have him declared dead before they can distribute his estate. What I'm getting at is how long without any evidence that there was foul play would LE have to wait to bring someone up on charges for murder if they never find a body???

Oh and please locals, please get verified. We have a couple here and they are saying conflicting things so we can't take anything coming out now as truth and factual without a link to back up what you are saying. Thanks.

There is no waiting period for LE to bring charges of murder, if they feel they have evidence that the person is dead and that a certain person is to blame. The evidence can be all circumstantial, such as in the case of Mickey Shunick; he was charged with murder long before he decided to confess and lead LE to her body. It depends upon what LE finds, who it points to, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste