GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
iirc, her car was seen throughout the next day by friends and was reported by her husband to the roscoe pd around 7:50pm. there was not a first sighted time reported in msm...

We know that LE found the vehicle at 7:50pm, but I don't think there is any reports of what time the husband reported her missing. Certainly it had to be a little bit of time earlier as they would have had to get the information on the vehicle and then send it out to all patrol units. Did he report her missing when he didn't hear from her or she didn't show up for work? If he reported her missing after getting a call from her work or that job interview that she did not show up, at least it would make him look a little less guilty as the timeline would make more sense.

I still think if she had not shown back up after going out at 9pm that would have been reason to raise alarm, but for all we know she could have told him she may come home or may go to the place in Roscoe after that last errand.

We know that LE found the vehicle at 7:50pm, but I don't think there is any reports of what time the husband reported her missing. Certainly it had to be a little bit of time earlier as they would have had to get the information on the vehicle and then send it out to all patrol units. Did he report her missing when he didn't hear from her or she didn't show up for work? If he reported her missing after getting a call from her work or that job interview that she did not show up, at least it would make him look a little less guilty as the timeline would make more sense.

I still think if she had not shown back up after going out at 9pm that would have been reason to raise alarm, but for all we know she could have told him she may come home or may go to the place in Roscoe after that last errand.

right, thats why i said that it was reported that her friends had seen the car THROUGH OUT THE DAY but did not know anything was wrong...then the 7:50pm call to roscoe pd..., i believe the friends stated that they "knew something was wrong when she didnt go to work that day" i dont know how they knew she didnt go to work that day? And I dont know how or why ts decided to go to roscoe pd when he clearly states that she lives in machesney park at the tetterhall address with him??...i have never found a reason given in msm. if her employer woud have called ts i think it would have been long before 7:00 pm....jmho

Does TS have a current job? Does anyone know this? If not, how does he support his family? Also, if not, what was he doing all day the day she was reported missing if the timeline is that the car was found/reported about 7:50pm? Or, did someone find the car, the police ran the tag, they came to TS, and THEN he reported he had not seen her overnight? I know someone runs the scanner (nellie?). Was there an actual 911 or non-911 call from TS reporting her missing? If she had a job interview that day, as some had reported, wouldn't TS call his wife, who he was "happily married to" and ask how it went? and then find it odd if he could not contact her?

Sorry, Im just trying to step back and be LESS focused, looking at it from common sense, what I think might happen on an average day in the life of an average couple.

Prayers Katrina is found SOON and SAFE!

But I believe he has already contradicted himself....I believe he said he expected her to come back or that she never came home....I'll try to find it, might be in his first video....but if that is the case, why did he wait until the next day?
I don't think there's one of us on here that would go to sleep expecting a loved one to come home and they don't return.
Also, did someone up thread say that TS was first to find the car? Link? I find that very interesting.

But I believe he has already contradicted himself....I believe he said he expected her to come back or that she never came home....I'll try to find it, might be in his first video....but if that is the case, why did he wait until the next day?
I don't think there's one of us on here that would go to sleep expecting a loved one to come home and they don't return.
Also, did someone up thread say that TS was first to find the car? Link? I find that very interesting.

he has...that is in the video/report named husband speaks out , or some such...he states that she was to return to the tetterhall address and that she was only hous-sitting and that they were not separated...he says she left a second time at approx. 9pm to run an errand and was to return to him that night at the tetterhall address....

I should have did this in a timeline sort of way but I'm at work (working, ahem!) I can't wait to become a private investigator!! (truly!!) Sorry this is jumbled but I wanted to post a few key points as a reminder to myself from various MSM sites.

Search Crew Finds "Blood Soaked" Paper Towels in Search For Katrina Smith!
The items were discovered not too far from where her car was abandoned. They called police when they noticed her blue Chevy Cruze parked off the road in a ditch near the intersection of Ventura Blvd. and Obispo.

A purse belonging to the Machesney Park woman who vanished earlier this week, was found near her abandoned car. A search party is now looking for more clues at a Schoonmaker Park. More than two dozen people are searching the area off Ralston Road, where 30 year-old Katrina Smith's car was found abandoned Tuesday night.

Her purse and cell-phone were located days later in a wooded area nearby. Detectives say she was last seen leaving her husband's home, after shopping on 173 at about 9 p.m. Monday. Search crews found a pair of sun glasses in the woods, although the family doesn't know if the item and others belong to Smith. Police taped off nearly every area where something was found by volunteers

10-29
Today, police have confirmed Katrina Smith's wallet was found in Rockford, nowhere near where her car and purse were found abandoned.

Smith was last seen at home by her husband. He says she went out to run errands. Family friend Ann Derry explains "she ran to the store, got back home she had to run out again but she'd be back and her husband never heard from her again."

"She said I will be back later and that was the last we had heard of her," said Katrina Smith’s husband. It's overwhelming, the outreach, the love and the support of everyone, and I am deeply grateful and I know Katrina would appreciate it as well.

Detectives say Smith and her husband don't live together. He's in Machesney park and she had been living at a home in Roscoe. She works in human resources at Camryn Company in Belvidere. The family knew something was wrong when she didn't show up to work.

Smith says he and Katrina didn't live in separate homes, like police reported, but that his wife was house sitting in Roscoe. He says the two have been happily married for seven years and that he is devastated by her disappearance. ??????????????????

Smith's sister Miraynda Castro just wants to see Katrina home again, "Katrina, sissy, if you're out there please come home. We just love you and miss you. We just want to see you and hear your voice. I'm here waiting for you." “If you have a sister, you have this bond that you can't explain and I guess I just really miss her and I can't accept she's not here, I just want her back,” said Castro.

Ok, back to work for 2.5 and then I'll post more!

Police are asking locals to search their own private property. Any thoughts or speculation what this means? Do you think they have sufficient evidence to believe she was dumped some where?

http://www.wifr.com/news/misc/Police-Body-Found-Near-Jefferson-High-School--174679651.html

? Locals - Not that by any means do I think she committed suicide but is this in the general area of where she could have been?

No, this is far, far south, on the very south side of Rockford, which is south of MP and LP, and this was asked previously, possibly of Meghan Dwyer of WIFR 23, who said this was determined to be a suicide and NOT Katrina. Also posted 5 days before she was reported missing.

I should have did this in a timeline sort of way but I'm at work (working, ahem!) I can't wait to become a private investigator!! (truly!!) Sorry this is jumbled but I wanted to post a few key points as a reminder to myself from various MSM sites.

Search Crew Finds "Blood Soaked" Paper Towels in Search For Katrina Smith!
The items were discovered not too far from where her car was abandoned. They called police when they noticed her blue Chevy Cruze parked off the road in a ditch near the intersection of Ventura Blvd. and Obispo.

A purse belonging to the Machesney Park woman who vanished earlier this week, was found near her abandoned car. A search party is now looking for more clues at a Schoonmaker Park. More than two dozen people are searching the area off Ralston Road, where 30 year-old Katrina Smith's car was found abandoned Tuesday night.

Her purse and cell-phone were located days later in a wooded area nearby. Detectives say she was last seen leaving her husband's home, after shopping on 173 at about 9 p.m. Monday. Search crews found a pair of sun glasses in the woods, although the family doesn't know if the item and others belong to Smith. Police taped off nearly every area where something was found by volunteers

10-29
Today, police have confirmed Katrina Smith's wallet was found in Rockford, nowhere near where her car and purse were found abandoned.

Smith was last seen at home by her husband. He says she went out to run errands. Family friend Ann Derry explains "she ran to the store, got back home she had to run out again but she'd be back and her husband never heard from her again."

"She said I will be back later and that was the last we had heard of her," said Katrina Smith’s husband. It's overwhelming, the outreach, the love and the support of everyone, and I am deeply grateful and I know Katrina would appreciate it as well.

Detectives say Smith and her husband don't live together. He's in Machesney park and she had been living at a home in Roscoe. She works in human resources at Camryn Company in Belvidere. The family knew something was wrong when she didn't show up to work.

Smith says he and Katrina didn't live in separate homes, like police reported, but that his wife was house sitting in Roscoe. He says the two have been happily married for seven years and that he is devastated by her disappearance. ??????????????????

Smith's sister Miraynda Castro just wants to see Katrina home again, "Katrina, sissy, if you're out there please come home. We just love you and miss you. We just want to see you and hear your voice. I'm here waiting for you." “If you have a sister, you have this bond that you can't explain and I guess I just really miss her and I can't accept she's not here, I just want her back,” said Castro.

Ok, back to work for 2.5 and then I'll post more!
Great timeline! Thank you! :seeya:

right, thats why i said that it was reported that her friends had seen the car THROUGH OUT THE DAY but did not know anything was wrong...then the 7:50pm call to roscoe pd..., i believe the friends stated that they "knew something was wrong when she didnt go to work that day" i dont know how they knew she didnt go to work that day? And I dont know how or why ts decided to go to roscoe pd when he clearly states that she lives in machesney park at the tetterhall address with him??...i have never found a reason given in msm. if her employer woud have called ts i think it would have been long before 7:00 pm....jmho

I think that is where there is confusion, the call did not come in at 7:50pm, it had already been reported before that. 7:50pm was when LE found the vehicle since a BOLO was put out after the missing person report was placed, so the report had to be a reasonable amount of time prior to that.

Is there a scanner thread for Oct 23rd? Perhaps there was something on that day that would alert us to when that missing person report was called in or at what time the BOLO went out. The call/BOLO could have gone out in the early morning and LE just didn't find the vehicle until 7:50 pm.

I think that is where there is confusion, the call did not come in at 7:50pm, it had already been reported before that. 7:50pm was when LE found the vehicle since a BOLO was put out after the missing person report was placed, so the report had to be a reasonable amount of time prior to that.

Or the missing person report could have been called in as little as 10 MINUTES prior to that as a BOLO would probably come over the scanner/police radio and anyone who heard THAT and remembered seeing the car or lived in the neighborhood and saw it could have immediately called in the car's location. My point: We don't really know how long before 7:50PM. Also, it seems someone commented on the FB page or here or somewhere that THEY remember seeing the car parked there that day, thinking it was oddly parked ~in the ditch~ but not really realizing it was related until they read about the case??? (Im not sure they said in the ditch as Im just going by memory, and I cant find the post. Sorry.)

Is there a scanner thread for Oct 23rd? Perhaps there was something on that day that would alert us to when that missing person report was called in or at what time the BOLO went out. The call/BOLO could have gone out in the early morning and LE just didn't find the vehicle until 7:50 pm.

im not sure the day that the thread was started for katrina iirc it was the 25th, and i do not have time to listen to an entire day of archive right now to figure it out, lol... possibly later...im doing my best to keep up with the current lol... but when i get some time i will give it a listen...

Or the missing person report could have been called in as little as 10 MINUTES prior to that as a BOLO would probably come over the scanner/police radio and anyone who heard THAT and remembered seeing the car or lived in the neighborhood and saw it could have immediately called in the car's location. My point: We don't really know how long before 7:50PM. Also, it seems someone commented on the FB page or here or somewhere that THEY remember seeing the car parked there that day, thinking it was oddly parked ~in the ditch~ but not really realizing it was related until they read about the case??? (Im not sure they said in the ditch as Im just going by memory, and I cant find the post. Sorry.)

Yeah that is the post I was unable to find as well, there is a official report from LE that neighbors reported seeing it earlier in the day on Tuesday, but I know exactly what you are talking about, there was a post on FB from someone that lives in the area that rode their bike down that street and recalled seeing the vehicle there.

The reason that TS appears guilty even if you don't look at his past is the fact that he claimed she was coming home that night and then didn't report her missing till the next morning. That shows a lack of concern for a potentially serious situation. We don't even know when TS reported her missing. This gives you a time frame of all night for him to take part in illegal activity. Because he also had motive (the separation).

So he's a proven liar-the separation. He's shown he's callous-waiting so long to report her missing and has a motive. He was also the last to see her and had a very long amount of time to do something with her.

Remember the person who claimed to last see Rebekah Gay was in fact the person who killed her.

Yeah that is the post I was unable to find as well, there is a official report from LE that neighbors reported seeing it earlier in the day on Tuesday, but I know exactly what you are talking about, there was a post on FB from someone that lives in the area that rode their bike down that street and recalled seeing the vehicle there.

Your right on FB someone said they saw her car out in that location early but didn't know she was missing.

http://rockrivertimes.com/2012/11/0...g-missing-machesney-park-woman-benefit-nov-8/

I think this site has a pretty good timeline.

10-22 - last seen by Todd Smith - alledgedly going to run an errand, roughly 9 p.m.
10-23 - Tood reports her missing, the initial report filed in Roscoe where she was currently living.
10-23 - Katrina did not show up to work @ Camryn Company in Belvedere where she worked in HR.
10-23 - roughly 7:50 p.m. - abandoned car found.

I can't seem to find anything about the time she was reported. I almost want to call the Roscoe police department and ask. I know it sounds insane but when Ivy Merck was missing and in my local area, I made a random call to our sherriff and then started talking with a detective. It was really awesome!

http://rockrivertimes.com/2012/11/0...g-missing-machesney-park-woman-benefit-nov-8/

I think this site has a pretty good timeline.

10-22 - last seen by Todd Smith - alledgedly going to run an errand, roughly 9 p.m.
10-23 - Tood reports her missing, the initial report filed in Roscoe where she was currently living.
10-23 - Katrina did not show up to work @ Camryn Company in Belvedere where she worked in HR.
10-23 - roughly 7:50 p.m. - abandoned car found.

I can't seem to find anything about the time she was reported. I almost want to call the Roscoe police department and ask. I know it sounds insane but when Ivy Merck was missing and in my local area, I made a random call to our sherriff and then started talking with a detective. It was really awesome!

If she was living at home with her husband, why file the report in Roscoe?

If she was living at home with TS why wait so long to report her missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur