GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First Post: Im confused abt who was putting their boat in the water at 1:30 today to search and where on FB you see this. Also, Ralston is the area of activity, but Bridge is not far away at all. I would think that would be a feasible search location as well, really just a matter of a few minutes away. I would think the car was parked AWAY from any body or evidence, not near it. JMHO

:welcome: Cluck times 4! :welcome4: :D

Probably looking near it as it would be difficult to drag a body a long way if the body come straight out of the car. I still think that she was driving a long way. The body was dropped, then the car was driven closer to home and parked at an area to make people think she was in the river and also gave enough time to walk home.

When this is all over, I'm afraid I agree on this being spot on. There's a ton of rural area around here.

I bet it will turn out to be one of those cases ... "we had an argument, I pushed her, she fell, hit her head ..."

After the recent cases I've followed (see signature below) I wouldn't discount anything as a possibility.

This woman needs to be brought home to her family so they can have answers and move on, I hope she is found soon.

Jumping to conclusions, the immediate POI is the hubby. However, Clint Heichel was an immediately POI and we know how that turned out. OTOH, Rebekah Gay's killer was the first person to report her missing.

I think the husband is good for it, but LE has to prove it. JMO

Thanks! As soon as a mod shows up.... I will do so.
In the meantime, waiting for my source to get off the river. We will be searching the river banks in the morning.

He is my hero throughout all of this and IMO an angel sent from above. This guy has been a real trooper in trying to locate Katrina and has restored my faith in mankind! He has been out there thru thick and thin :please: and I pray for his success each and every day.

After the recent cases I've followed (see signature below) I wouldn't discount anything as a possibility.

This woman needs to be brought home to her family so they can have answers and move on, I hope she is found soon.

Jumping to conclusions, the immediate POI is the hubby. However, Clint Heichel was an immediately POI and we know how that turned out. OTOH, Rebekah Gay's killer was the first person to report her missing.

I think the husband is good for it, but LE has to prove it. JMO

Well until we get some confirmation on where the youngest daughter was since she is still in high school and quite possibly could have been home with the husband and thus is his alibi, I still think there are many other possibilities. Only the two older daughters are in college.

Also as stated above, Clint was assumed to be the guilty party as stated above, and even criticized for what was taken as a smile during an early press conference thus confirming many people's beliefs that he was guilty and we all know how that turned out.

As far as Miss Gays killer, he was already a vicious attacker as he had choked and stabbed a 17 year old in 1981 as well as being convicted for manslaughter of a 26 year old Vicky Wall in 1994 and had just been released from prison in 2007.

He is my hero throughout all of this and IMO an angel sent from above. This guy has been a real trooper in trying to locate Katrina and has restored my faith in mankind! He has been out there thru thick and thin :please: and I pray for his success each and every day.

A trooper, indeed. DG is an amazing man. He has put his heart and soul into finding Katrina. I felt honored to spend some time with him last night as he shared info and strategies. He has excellent insight and expertise. He is now coming to this site, and I am sure he appreciates your kind words and prayers.
Where are you Katrina?

Well until we get some confirmation on where the youngest daughter was since she is still in high school and quite possibly could have been home with the husband and thus is his alibi, I still think there are many other possibilities. Only the two older daughters are in college.

Also as stated above, Clint was assumed to be the guilty party as stated above, and even criticized for what was taken as a smile during an early press conference thus confirming many people's beliefs that he was guilty and we all know how that turned out.

As far as Miss Gays killer, he was already a vicious attacker as he had choked and stabbed a 17 year old in 1981 as well as being convicted for manslaughter of a 26 year old Vicky Wall in 1994 and had just been released from prison in 2007.

Yup, and then we come full circle back to when TS caused the gas leak that blew up the house, trying to kill his whole family. So nothing can be ruled out.

I haven't seen one media report that stated that the youngest daughter also saw Katrina when she left for the last time. Everything has said TS was the only one that saw her.

i thought the youngest daughter was still in high school too and still living at home...

I'm a newbie also, became interested having lived in the area 51yrs. For those of you that have followed these type of cases, what are the chances Katrina just ran away? I imagine the percentage is low.

I'm a newbie also, became interested having lived in the area 51yrs. For those of you that have followed these type of cases, what are the chances Katrina just ran away? I imagine the percentage is low.

imo - thats usually one of the first considerations...but once the police and family are out searching i think that likelihood drops..but it has happened..just not very often...

Hi, mp. 51 myself and lifelong resident. Hi Neighbor :greetings: My instincts are leaning toward the chance that Katrina simply walked away. The signs are there. In my opinion, more so than the alternative. My buddy involved with searches disagrees with me, yet we are looking at the same facts and evidence. I do not know what to think on this one.

Just about nil IMO

Hi, mp. 51 myself and lifelong resident. Hi Neighbor :greetings: My instincts are leaning toward the chance that Katrina simply walked away. The signs are there. In my opinion, more so than the alternative. My buddy involved with searches disagrees with me, yet we are looking at the same facts and evidence. I do not know what to think on this one.

Anna, I have friends that know Katrina well, and they say that she would never ever just walk away. I also sent you a private message. Can you let me know if you got it.

So I get maybe it's possible she feared for her life finding out about TS's past and went into hiding but I figure that she would have at least told her brother or the people she was really close with.

Speaking of family? There haven't really been much mention of her blood family. I think they have mentioned 1 sister and 1 brother. Nothing about parents, she doesn't have her own kids at all.

She confided in someone. I am positive of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste