GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
-anna- at the bottom of the page there is a "form leaders" click on that and find a mod whos green light is on...they can help you get verified...

:greetings:

Thanks! As soon as a mod shows up.... I will do so.
In the meantime, waiting for my source to get off the river. We will be searching the river banks in the morning.

yes, welcome Anna! thanks for sharing.

:wagon:

Great news, maybe they are just gathering more evidence for an arrest or waiting for her to be found before formally arresting someone. I hope they are monitoring the POI. Wouldn't want him to flee or do anything to himself before he's arrested.

I hope they are monitoring the POI also.
It was said on the find Katrina FB page that they suspected the perp was reading the comments there and I would assume they were also following along on other social media sites to get information. With LE being so tight lipped imo they have a close eye on the perp and are just waiting for him to slip up maybe lead them to finding Katrina. There was one case recently where the LE actually moved in next door to the perp. I am drawing a blank on the name.

In so many cases even the ones that have an obvious POI and initially seem like they will be solved quickly, LE falls short of the evidence needed to make an arrest. There are far too many unsolved crimes-let alone victims that are still missing. That just pains me deeply for the families.

Where is Katrina?

JMO

yes, I would say go for your first instincts on this one.... jmo

Oh dear ... is all that came to mind.

Welcome Anna to the forum. Great you joined us :seeya:

ETA: shocked that there's a witness. Then why isn't this wrapped up yet even without her found?

ETA: shocked that there's a witness. Then why isn't this wrapped up yet even without her found?

I agree with that! A witness would hold the key to everything. I am just going to speculate here that this witness saw something, and now LE has to collect the evidence to support what this witness saw. I just hope that Katrina is still alive, wherever she is! :please:

I agree with that! A witness would hold the key to everything. I am just going to speculate here that this witness saw something, and now LE has to collect the evidence to support what this witness saw. I just hope that Katrina is still alive, wherever she is! :please:

without knowing exactly what the witness saw its hard to say... all that had been said publicly about what happened that night was from ts...didnt he say one of his girls was there when katrina left and never returned? i would hope that if they had a witness to a murder that someone would already be in custody!moo, imo & jmho...

I was thinking a witness more in terms of something that occurred prior to her disappearance, perhaps."Witness" does not really mean someone who saw the crime, in most cases.

Although of course hopeful, I am doubtful that she is alive, if there is a POI.

without knowing exactly what the witness saw its hard to say... all that had been said publicly about what happened that night was from ts...didnt he say one of his girls was there when katrina left and never returned? i would hope that if they had a witness to a murder that someone would already be in custody!moo, imo & jmho...

No clue what your talking about one of his girls there when Katrina left? From what I've read it was just TS who saw her before she went out at 9. The daugthers were up at college I believe.

Wondering that myself. Perhaps credibility issues with the witness? Not sure until I get more details from my friend. Rest assured I will share here, as he has given me permission to do so.

I think they need to be specifically looking for video cameras around town of Katrina's car on the night she disappeared. They need to ask the public if anyone saw a car of that describation at any time that night from 9 to about 3 in the morning. People may have seen the car but didn't know it had anything at all to do with this case. Unless LE asks for witnesses seeing someone driving her car people won't call in about it.

They need to be pinging Katrina's phone for all that night, Todd's for all that night, same with CC transactions. Look for camera's throughout town all that night and ask the public if they saw that style of car driving in the area at all that night.

I think they are looking for Katrina in and around that river...

Thanks! As soon as a mod shows up.... I will do so.
In the meantime, waiting for my source to get off the river. We will be searching the river banks in the morning.

Are they just searching the river from the Ralston Rd bridge south? Why not from the Bridge St/Roscoe Rd bridge south....

Are they just searching the river from the Ralston Rd bridge south? Why not from the Bridge St/Roscoe Rd bridge south....

my guess is they do not believe she went missing from Roscoe. Ralston is the focus.

The Ralston bridge is south and west of Roscoe.

my guess is they do not believe she went missing from Roscoe. Ralston is the focus.

Roscoe Rd is in the heart of Roscoe, Ralston Rd is in Machesney Park. She was staying at a condo (Clearwing?) in Roscoe.

First Post: Im confused abt who was putting their boat in the water at 1:30 today to search and where on FB you see this. Also, Ralston is the area of activity, but Bridge is not far away at all. I would think that would be a feasible search location as well, really just a matter of a few minutes away. I would think the car was parked AWAY from any body or evidence, not near it. JMHO

Roscoe Rd is in the heart of Roscoe, Ralston Rd is in Machesney Park. She was staying at a condo (Clearwing?) in Roscoe.

Yes, but Ralston is minutes away down 251.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me