GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, and according to the court documents that would be about 605 people that were swindled. since that company is listed out of the local address i would think that there were locals that may have been bilked? i could see where that might cause some friction...but, katrina was not named in the scamming so i would think that if someone was going to go after anyone it would be the three that were accused, most likely imo....

Agreed, I don't see retaliation on her for the ponzi scheme if she was not involved...but a love triangle (BF) along with a separation is often a likely motive.

thinking out loud here... but it really seems as though Katrina was starting to move on with her life. staying (or "housesitting") at a friend's house, looking for a new job (according to some posts above regarding an interview that she had scheduled). i think she was starting to pull herself away from TS more and my guess is he didn't like that.

regarding someone else's post above regarding a shaky relationship between TS & his ex-wife... i have a feeling that Katrina & TS may have been similar and she grew tired of it & all of the other baggage he was carrying.

Spot on here. It may all come down to jealousy and/or the inability to hold onto her and not wanting another marriage to fail.

Agreed, I don't see retaliation on her for the ponzi scheme if she was not involved...but a love triangle (BF) along with a separation is often a likely motive.

I mentioned the ponzi scheme because I feel it's the only viable alternative to the other thing. I just can't believe this woman was randomly taken.

im going to guess that he may just be really nervous around the cameras...i know i would be - especially if i thought everyone was looking at me for the crime, kwim? i think that kind of stress could effect even innocent people? but im just guessing, i really dont know why.....

.... if you're thinking about YOURSELF I suppose ....

.... if you're thinking about YOURSELF I suppose ....

that is what i said??

ETA: until he is named a suspect none of us know what happened... and yes, i think someone would feel nervous in front of hundreds of people plus news cameras if they feel targeted as a suspect...that is totally different than being dj...moo

Guy was a DJ and "insurance salesman" I really doubt he has any nervousness talking in front of people.

I'm finding it hard to believe she hasn't been found....

or that "something" hasn't been found, either in the car or house.

Guy was a DJ and "insurance salesman" I really doubt he has any nervousness talking in front of people.

Ha, but now a different set of emotions is required - maybe not in his happy-go-lucky repertoire.

I have been away for a few days. I was really hoping to come back and see she was found alive and well. I am really scratching my head on this one guys. I know what my gut is telling me, but I will reserve those thoughts for now.

Ha, but now a different set of emotions is required - maybe not in his happy-go-lucky repertoire.

This is presupposing that he would have to be acting rather that just feeling genuine emotions. Which is exactly why his behavior is so weird, he's acting out the emotions of sadness and grief rather than feeling them.

This is presupposing that he would have to be acting rather that just feeling genuine emotions. Which is exactly why his behavior is so weird, he's acting out the emotions of sadness and grief rather than feeling them.

Maybe he's just not used to showing sadness and helplessness, maybe he normally pushes those feelings aside. But now they are wanted.

I remember in the video from the vigil his lip is quivering. I find that hard to fake.

Maybe he's just not used to showing sadness and helplessness, maybe he normally pushes those feelings aside. But now they are wanted.

I remember in the video from the vigil his lip is quivering. I find that hard to fake.

Just not buying it. He is leaking glee and happiness quite a bit during the vigil video.

I just can't get a handle on what is going on with this case...is LE working behind the scenes, processing evidence? Are organized professional searches being planned?

I just can't get a handle on what is going on with this case...is LE working behind the scenes, processing evidence? Are organized professional searches being planned?

Katrina's brother is Special Forces and is on leave now so the searches are now more organized than before.

le has had the helicopter up, and a lot of tips have been called in -- le has commented in reports that the tips have been helpful.

Maybe they are waiting for a body to be found before arresting someone?

Still not a word in the local media in the closest major metro. We've had a least two erased wives I can think of off the top of my head in the general area in the last few years. Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic....still missing. Gina Chiodo from the south burbs, but they did arrest her boyfriend...I guess that's a bit different.

I can't believe that the local media is not getting the word about Katrina out there. I wonder how many people from the Rockford area, who live here now, are not aware of this happening in their hometown because the media here hasn't reported on it.

I'm not saying her husband did this, but when Stacy & Lisa went missing things started out a lot like this. :banghead: :furious:

Still praying for Katrina and her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6