GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if these are LE-run searches, or family? Trying to figure out what LE's involvement is, if any.

its really hard to tell, i know from listening to the scanner that le is searching by air and they searched rock cut park...but the family has been all over too... idk i havent figured that part out..lol

eta: it doesnt say specifically if le is involved with tomorrows search..

its really hard to tell, i know from listening to the scanner that le is searching by air and they searched rock cut park...but the family has been all over too... idk i havent figured that part out..lol

eta: it doesnt say specifically if le is involved with tomorrows search..

Somehow, whether right or wrong, I don't have the impression that LE is involved in the searches announced on FB. I think it's family-driven. I think LE is doing what they thing THEY need to do, and is happy that the family has something to keep them occupied. I believe that LE is following a plan, collecting evidence and don't want to say too much.

I think the Chad is heading up the search effort now since he got back.

Somehow, whether right or wrong, I don't have the impression that LE is involved in the searches announced on FB. I think it's family-driven. I think LE is doing what they thing THEY need to do, and is happy that the family has something to keep them occupied. I believe that LE is following a plan, collecting evidence and don't want to say too much.

i agree with you - the only thing i have heard is that they (family) stands behind le...but i dont think they are searching "together" either...

i agree with you - the only thing i have heard is that they (family) stands behind le...but i dont think they are searching "together" either...

I believe they stated that the police are in contact with Chad everyday now that he's back.

It seems weird if LE is leaving searching up to the family though. No matter what they believe happened, Katrina needs to be found and evidence needs to be contained when/if she is. I hope LE is involved in the searching.

Several friends have searched daily for her, each time they have arrived LE tells the groups which area's to be searched, they are also out searching. I have no clue as to Rock Cut ,if LE was there or advised to search there.

Importantly, LE does not have the physical bodies to search each & every area and that is why it is essential for Chad+ to do the leg work for them.
I believe LE has sufficient evidence at this point, however any additional found would be icing on the cake. :twocents: (JMO)
If TS inserts himself into searches that is a good thing because searchers talk to one another and if he is involved, it is possible he may slip up and say something. Importantly, he must not be allowed to search ANY areas alone ... LE is depending on receiving any tips of anything found during searches and knowing each area that is searched and whether or not any evidence is uncovered.
What we seriously have to remind ourselves is,"Who would have motive for this to be committed and for her body NOT to be found?" :waitasec:
The wallet was conveniently placed in a low income/robbery suspect area - there is a big difference between a robber and a murdered. A robber does not typically murder & a murderer does not steal a wallet. JMO

Importantly, LE does not have the physical bodies to search each & every area and that is why it is essential for Chad+ to do the leg work for them.
I believe LE has sufficient evidence at this point, however any additional found would be icing on the cake. :twocents:
If TS inserts himself into searches that is a good thing because searchers talk to one another and if he is involved, it is possible he may slip up and say something. Importantly, he must not be allowed to search ANY areas alone ... LE is depending on receiving any tips of anything found during searches and knowing each area that is searched and whether or not any evidence is uncovered.
What we seriously have to remind ourselves is,"Who would have motive for this to be committed and for her body NOT to be found?" :waitasec:
The wallet was conveniently placed in a low income/robbery suspect area - there is a big different between a robber and a murdered. A robber does not typically murder & a murderer does not steal a wallet. JMO

You state that you believe they have enough info for an arrest? Where do you get that information from? Just from the search warrant or from something else?

You state that you believe they have enough info for an arrest? Where do you get that information from? Just from the search warrant or from something else?

Yeah someone seems pretty certain about their statements. Personally I disagree and think there are plenty of other scenarios. I think people are too quick to judge based on TS's actions as a teenager/young adult and person he has been for the 25+ years since then. I also think if there was a bf like some claim, he would have stepped forward or it would have come to light by now as it would have a real impact on the whole case. Also based on FB posts from the missing woman to her husband in recent weeks prior to her disappearance contradict all the claims of separation, etc.

Yeah someone seems pretty certain about their statements. Personally I disagree and think there are plenty of other scenarios. I think people are too quick to judge based on TS's actions as a teenager/young adult and person he has been for the 25+ years since then. I also think if there was a bf like some claim, he would have stepped forward or it would have come to light by now as it would have a real impact on the whole case. Also based on FB posts from the missing woman to her husband in recent weeks prior to her disappearance contradict all the claims of separation, etc.

I really disagree with you on this. Yes, he seems certain but what are the other options? Who else had motive or opportunity. Why would detectives state that she was seperated if she wasn't. I'm sure the detectives have access to seperation papers. I'm not simply judging TS by his actions as a 17 year old but also his actions in January of this year plus all the public interviews of his. Plus searching his house for 10 hours. Sometimes I don't believe common knowledge but in this case I believe common knowledge is true.

Common knowledge is that they were separated and she was in the process of moving on. He saw her last yet didn't report her missing for a very long time despite claiming that she was coming back home for the night. Just a few days ago a man who last claimed to see someone alive(Rebakah Gay) was the one that ended up murdering her.

on FB someone mentioned that he was putting the boat in the river with sonar at 1:30 this aft. He said he was going to search from Machesney down to Martins Park in Loves Park.

they are supposed to have a large search today -- lets hope they find her today!

on FB someone mentioned that he was putting the boat in the river with sonar at 1:30 this aft. He said he was going to search from Machesney down to Martins Park in Loves Park.

Hello everyone. My first post, so I hope I am doing this right...
I am a local. Just spoke with the "FB someone" you referred to in your post, Snoopster. It is going on 4 pm here and they found nothing, but word on the river and the streets according to him (reliable source, longtime friend, and a public servant) is that there is a witness and a POI.

Hello everyone. My first post, so I hope I am doing this right...
I am a local. Just spoke with the "FB someone" you referred to in your post, Snoopster. It is going on 4 pm here and they found nothing, but word on the river and the streets according to him (reliable source, longtime friend, and a public servant) is that there is a witness and a POI.

:welcome:

Anna, thanks for the post and local news on the street. I moved from the area over 10 years ago but do get home for holidays or summers and just spent a month up there in August.

:skip: Boy will I be relieved if there is a witness for this case.
You could get verified as a local-that way we don't have to consider this rumor.

JMO

Anna, thanks for the post and local news on the street. I moved from the area over 10 years ago but do get home for holidays or summers and just spent a month up there in August.

You could get verified as a local-that way we don't have to consider this rumor.

JMO

Great news, maybe they are just gathering more evidence for an arrest or waiting for her to be found before formally arresting someone. I hope they are monitoring the POI. Wouldn't want him to flee or do anything to himself before he's arrested.

JMO

Oh My Gosh... then, let's get me verified. I cannot sit on this stuff forever :rocker:

-anna- at the bottom of the page there is a "form leaders" click on that and find a mod whos green light is on...they can help you get verified...

:greetings:

Oh My Gosh... then, let's get me verified. I cannot sit on this stuff forever :rocker:

Do you know how?You need to contact a moderator, either by alerting on the red triangle in the right upper corner of your post, or by sending them a message-the mods have their names in bold at the bottom of each thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste