GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brother just released a statement on FB. Said the stories of her life helped them realize how important Katrina's life is and was. Then says she is deeply missed.

Also interesting that they are now announcing the spot of the next search. For the last week the head of that website told everyone to meet at Schooner Park and recieve instructions there because they felt the person who did this was watching on FB. Maybe they are very confident about where she can be found now so there is no need to hide where there going.

thinking out loud here... but it really seems as though Katrina was starting to move on with her life. staying (or "housesitting") at a friend's house, looking for a new job (according to some posts above regarding an interview that she had scheduled). i think she was starting to pull herself away from TS more and my guess is he didn't like that.

regarding someone else's post above regarding a shaky relationship between TS & his ex-wife... i have a feeling that Katrina & TS may have been similar and she grew tired of it & all of the other baggage he was carrying.

thinking out loud here... but it really seems as though Katrina was starting to move on with her life. staying (or "housesitting") at a friend's house, looking for a new job (according to some posts above regarding an interview that she had scheduled). i think she was starting to pull herself away from TS more and my guess is he didn't like that.

regarding someone else's post above regarding a shaky relationship between TS & his ex-wife... i have a feeling that Katrina & TS may have been similar and she grew tired of it & all of the other baggage he was carrying.

I agree and I'll be extremely schocked if this turns out to be a random perp.

With that said, I wonder what the search warrant ... found.

It's so quiet here about her.. But then again, you hit refresh and there are 2 more females missing. :banghead:

I call bull on D's comments. The father has the same last name as T did before T changed it. The other persons named in the scheme is not the fathers name. Also I believe the father and mother and brother are estranged and living on the East coast.

D also mentions the BF and from what I've heard MOO he's been cleared.

I call bull on D's comments. The father has the same last name as T did before T changed it. The other persons named in the scheme is not the fathers name. Also I believe the father and mother and brother are estranged and living on the East coast.

D also mentions the BF and from what I've heard MOO he's been cleared.

I'm not aware of a BF (boy friend to Katrina?) Can you explain? TIA.

Without further evidence, I'll keep an open mind. But I do see this as VERY planned. I think about the car....why there? Someone put it there, apparently no intention to hide it, I don't recall anything about it being wrecked or damaged....so it was just left, parked, discarded at this location....finger prints/evidence or even DNA might tell if someone else drove it there or if Katrina. If not, what would motivate Katrina to goto that location...not a likely meeting location. If this was not a mutual mtg, I can't really get my head around how she would have been led to that location? Who drove the car and how far (mileage, gas, etc) would help tell the story.

I still feel this may have been a somewhat spontaneous crime of passion. I suppose the part that feels planned has been the placement of the car, the purse, the wallet and phone. Could an intelligent person think quickly to complete all of these things on the spur of the moment? But, oh yes, it didn't really need to be completed "quickly" at all. Katrina wasn't reported missing for almost 24 hours after her last sighting.

Guess it's not "offical" so I can't really say it.

Word around town there is a BF.

There's not too many random kidnappings in this area, none in the 51 yrs I've lived here. Perhaps someone affected financially by the ponzi scheme...just saying.

Word around town there is a BF.

There's not too many random kidnappings in this area, none in the 51 yrs I've lived here. Perhaps someone affected financially by the ponzi scheme...just saying.

yeah, and according to the court documents that would be about 605 people that were swindled. since that company is listed out of the local address i would think that there were locals that may have been bilked? i could see where that might cause some friction...but, katrina was not named in the scamming so i would think that if someone was going to go after anyone it would be the three that were accused, most likely imo....

Really why does TS just look so weird every time he's filmed.

im going to guess that he may just be really nervous around the cameras...i know i would be - especially if i thought everyone was looking at me for the crime, kwim? i think that kind of stress could effect even innocent people? but im just guessing, i really dont know why.....

im going to guess that he may just be really nervous around the cameras...i know i would be - especially if i thought everyone was looking at me for the crime, kwim? i think that kind of stress could effect even innocent people? but im just guessing, i really dont know why.....

I'm on the fence as to whether he's involved in this or not. But if he's innocent I could imagine that he's trying hard to come across as "normal", "responsible" and "decent" etc. He's been described as a bit of a "loose cannon" and I would assume he's aware of his reputation, so now in front of all the media he's trying hard not to look like it!

Could also be that he doesn't love her anymore so isn't as deeply affected by her disappearance as he should be as her husband, but tries to look as if he is.

Something is fishy about that man, he's wearing a mask I'm almost sure, but what is behind I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle