GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The news station retracted the story, saying it wasn't a shift supervisor it was a masked man.

Is there a link for this?
This sounds ever more weird to me...someone setting up her eventual disappearance, perhaps.

If you check the local news stations FB account, she has a thread with the story, then a retraction in that thread and the new information.

I have to say that I found the entire situation around the reporter throwing out that unconfirmed rumor to be unprofessional. Until she could confirm, she shouldn't have put that out to the public. I think we should be very cautious about some of the information we are hearing.

We don't know fact from fiction and there is a lot of 'noise' out there.

JMO, and no offense intended.

Thinking of Katrina and the people that truly love her. Katrina, may you be brought home soon and my justice prevail.

Someone on that thread who works at Camryn also stated that she was soon to be interviewing for another job. Think she was going to be leaving the area?

Per Chad to WREX: (snipped)
"Kaltved says he doesn't believe Katrina ran away. According to him, she was supposed to be interviewed for a new job the day she was reported missing. "

Maybe the news reporter took it as fact because the tip came from someone who claimed to have seen it or a person who was related to who the flier was about.

Per Chad to WREX: (snipped)
"Kaltved says he doesn't believe Katrina ran away. According to him, she was supposed to be interviewed for a new job the day she was reported missing. "

I was just hoping she did as that is better than the alternative right now.

I don't have much to add at this point...just letting everyone know that I am still following Katrina's case. Thanks to everyone for posting and providing links. I have been keeping my 16 month old grandchild for a couple days and have not been able to post as much.
She goes home tomorrow. I can post more then but I sure will miss her:tears: I suppose I'm blessed that she is only 2 hours away.

Ok, I haven't posted on here for a few days. This is the info I have from a friend who has been close to the family in the past. Todd Smiths ex wife does have a relationship with her girls. The marriage was rather ugly and the girls suffered emotionally. TS parents and brother now live in N.C., he has no relationship with them. TS is described by people as being a "loose cannon" who can turn on the charm. That is really all I have to add right now, which isn't much.

It sounds like some volunteers will be searching at Rock Cut State Park on Friday. It would be great if the mods could do some of their magic so we can contribute to the effort.

I think in order to find her they probably will have to do a 2 hour radius out from Tennerhill. That covers a great deal of distance.

It's crazy that someone from Machesney Park can get to Davenport and back in 4 hours and 4 minutes. They can get to Chicago and back in 3 hours and 20 minutes and Milwuakee and back in 3 hours.

It's crazy that someone from Machesney Park can get to Davenport and back in 4 hours and 4 minutes. They can get to Chicago and back in 3 hours and 20 minutes and Milwuakee and back in 3 hours.

You can make it from the NW side of Chicago (near ORD) to Rockford, at least the "early exits" on the highway in a little over an hour. I don't know about rush hour, but on weekend traffic, you can make it from very close in neighborhoods (to the Loop) in an hour and a half. It's really not that far. Some people use that airport out there because it's cheaper.

There is an interesting comment on the WIFR facebook page. Under a photo of Katrina posted on Wednesday. The comment was made a few hours ago.

:moo::moo:

You can make it from the NW side of Chicago (near ORD) to Rockford, at least the "early exits" on the highway in a little over an hour. I don't know about rush hour, but on weekend traffic, you can make it from very close in neighborhoods (to the Loop) in an hour and a half. It's really not that far. Some people use that airport out there because it's cheaper.

Wonder how long it will take if you set off on your trip about midnight.

There is an interesting comment on the WIFR facebook page. Under a photo of Katrina posted on Wednesday. The comment was made a few hours ago.

:moo::moo:

What comment? Having problems finding it.

I think you can paraphrase a comment from a news FB page, just not copy or paste it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95