GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and please locals, please get verified. We have a couple here and they are saying conflicting things so we can't take anything coming out now as truth and factual without a link to back up what you are saying. Thanks.

How do we go about getting verified?

How do we go about getting verified?

Rules Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Check this part out:

"We no longer verify locals. It became way too time consuming and we didn't feel it was necessary. However, if a moderator deems that a poster seems to be more of an insider than a local, we will ask that you become verified before posting information that is not on the MSM. Otherwise, you are free to post about your area and what you've observed."

wow -- news to me...when did the rules change?

It was a gradual change. It was taking up way too much time to verify all the locals. I think during Mickey Shunick's case we dropped verifying locals completely.

We still verify insiders and here's the rules:

Insiders
If you have not known the family or friends prior to the incident, you most likely will not be verified. There are certain instances where this becomes necessary like in the case where a private investigator is hired and wants to post as an insider. Websleuths does not condone our members getting involved in crime cases unless there is something the member can do that will make a difference. Please contact law enforcement with any tips.

Nope. He gave one interview that was less than convincing, spent quite a bit of time talking about how the Facebook comments questioning his involvement had hurt his feelings. The interview is still available on the WIFR website I believe.

That disturbed me a LOT!

WOW!
Have we seen this?
Written by the brother of TS (who happens to be my former employer)
He is conducting a poll.....

"To the friends and family of Todd Smith, keep being supportive. That's what friends and family should do. My call to the rest of the world is be suspicious. Watch him, expect him to run. When you see him in public, take note for it may be relevant later. As Todd begins to feel the walls closing in, he will snap again and someone else will get hurt. I'm glad I'm not close enough to be at risk."

http://www.convicttoddsmith.com/

WOW!
Have we seen this?

"To the friends and family of Todd Smith, keep being supportive. That's what friends and family should do. My call to the rest of the world is be suspicious. Watch him, expect him to run. When you see him in public, take note for it may be relevant later. As Todd begins to feel the walls closing in, he will snap again and someone else will get hurt. I'm glad I'm not close enough to be at risk."

Holy smokes!

Is there any proof of a plan made by Katrina to run off and disappear? I just do not think so. This brings me to something that has been bothering me. The puppy. The puppy in the photos is about 7 weeks. Those were posted to her FB the end of Sept. This was a brand new puppy.

Where was the puppy when she went missing.
The dog is a pure breed and an expensive one too. They are high energy and need lots of attention, training and room to run. I do not think Katrina would buy a new puppy and just leave it. I do not think this is a breed that you buy without ample thought.

Was she able to take the dog to the condo or was she returning to the Smith home daily to care for it. Who is caring for the dog now.

just my thoughts

jmo

Thank you WideOpen, I was wondering that too. I assume and hope the pup has been given into the care of a friend or family member while everyone is out searching.

WOW!
Have we seen this?

Wow! That is bold! And this is by his brother? :what:

Local but not insider: It appears this is the younger brother that was in the home with mom and dad when TS blew it up at age 17.

And, I would like to add since it was brought up again, I saw the one early news report of TS "crying" about Katrina missing. Im trying to hold back judgment, but there was not one tear, watery eye, moisture on his cheeks/face that was in any way visible to the naked eye.

Praying HARD they find Katrina soon. It hurts to think of her family finding what they found in Rock Cut the other day. Agony....

Nope. He gave one interview that was less than convincing, spent quite a bit of time talking about how the Facebook comments questioning his involvement had hurt his feelings. The interview is still available on the WIFR website I believe.

Smith. Smith. Smith. Does he have any relatives in Orlando named Dale??? :waitasec:

Kidding, of course, but why do so many of "these" men seem to be cut from the same cloth.

Wife is missing but it's all about "me" ... ugh.

The comments are getting interesting. JR already posting this morning. I am keeping an eye on this one.

I don't see JR posting. Was it removed?

Sounds this will turn into a huge fight.

I don't see JR posting. Was it removed?

Sounds this will turn into a huge fight.

Yes, I checked. Still there.
I am taking regular screenshots in case the site goes "poof"

On another note...searchers will be out again today weather permitting. I am realy hoping the search is successful and leads them to Katrina.

DATE: Tuesday, November 6th
RAIN NOTICE: Search may be cancelled depending on the weather. Please check back here in the morning prior to going to the park.
TIME: 10:00am
MEETING LOCATION: Schoonmaker Park off 173 which is also Ralston Rd. Machesney Park.

The comments are getting interesting. JR already posting this morning. I am keeping an eye on this one.

I agree, this whole case is getting stranger by the minute. I think JR looks as crazy as the people he's trying to point out as being crazy. I mean who would go and throw that information out there on a website like that and pay to register that domain name and hosting and put all of that up.

Also if you look at the court records, the elder Raprager, Herbert took TS to small claims court in 1987 on behalf of JR for the sum of $7.00, which seems to have had some influence on him. In 1995 he took a business to small claims court for $61.00.

In the conclusion he talks about how TS has 3 daughters of which his family has never been allowed to meet. I mean that doesn't surprise me at all. The girls were born years after all ties between TS and the Rapragers were severed. I think it makes complete sense that he never exposed the girls to that family and that whole scenario as he was just trying to give them the best, normal life and upbringing possible.

I also found his link to statistics as particularly interesting as the statistics are from 1988 and 1994 which to me is a wee bit dated. However if you look at it, it states that murder by a family member is 16% and the chance of that being a spouse (including common law marriage spouses) is 6.5%. So in reading the numbers with the current evidence that has been shared with the public, that means TS has a 6.5% chance of being guilty of being involved in the disappearance of his wife, while non-family member is 83.8%

Based on these numbers if there was indeed a boyfriend as many claim, statistically speaking the numbers are higher than he was involved. If the bf claim is true, and considering the fact that she had stopped back to the TS home twice that day already. What's to say she wasn't breaking it off with the bf or that perhaps he was following her and was angry that she was at TS's house twice and flew into a jealous rage?

I just keep my mind open to more possibilities as there are so many unanswered questions regarding the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maia1919