GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, this whole case is getting stranger by the minute. I think JR looks as crazy as the people he's trying to point out as being crazy. I mean who would go and throw that information out there on a website like that and pay to register that domain name and hosting and put all of that up.

Also if you look at the court records, the elder Raprager, Herbert took TS to small claims court in 1987 on behalf of JR for the sum of $7.00, which seems to have had some influence on him. In 1995 he took a business to small claims court for $61.00.

In the conclusion he talks about how TS has 3 daughters of which his family has never been allowed to meet. I mean that doesn't surprise me at all. The girls were born years after all ties between TS and the Rapragers were severed. I think it makes complete sense that he never exposed the girls to that family and that whole scenario as he was just trying to give them the best, normal life and upbringing possible.

I also found his link to statistics as particularly interesting as the statistics are from 1988 and 1994 which to me is a wee bit dated. However if you look at it, it states that murder by a family member is 16% and the chance of that being a spouse (including common law marriage spouses) is 6.5%. So in reading the numbers with the current evidence that has been shared with the public, that means TS has a 6.5% chance of being guilty of being involved in the disappearance of his wife, while non-family member is 83.8%

Based on these numbers if there was indeed a boyfriend as many claim, statistically speaking the numbers are higher than he was involved. If the bf claim is true, and considering the fact that she had stopped back to the TS home twice that day already. What's to say she wasn't breaking it off with the bf or that perhaps he was following her and was angry that she was at TS's house twice and flew into a jealous rage?

I just keep my mind open to more possibilities as there are so many unanswered questions regarding the case.

LMS....I respect your post and the thought that has gone into it. However, its obvious to me that TS as some very serious problems. I personally believe he is responsible for Katrina's disappearance.
LE will first look at him because he is the spouse. Secondly, he was the last person reported to see her alive. Thirdly, he has a history of breaking the law.
Perhaps you are close to TS and that makes it difficult for you to see him the
way others see him. That is not uncommon for those who are friends or family members in these situations.
I would love to see a psychological profile of TS....and have it analyzed by a behavioral science/criminal profiler FBI agent.

LMS....I respect your post and the thought that has gone into it. However, its obvious to me that TS as some very serious problems. I personally believe he is responsible for Katrina's disappearance.
LE will first look at him because he is the spouse. Secondly, he was the last person reported to see her alive. Thirdly, he has a history of breaking the law.
Perhaps you are close to TS and that makes it difficult for you to see him the
way others see him. That is not uncommon for those who are friends or family members in these situations.
I would love to see a psychological profile of TS....and have it analyzed by a behavioral science/criminal profiler FBI agent.

Perhaps you are correct, I tend to be an optimist. However I am well aware that almost anyone is capable of murder as evidenced all over this community. I can only judge on the information provided and first hand personal experiences, and as I have said in an earlier post, I will be extremely shocked if TS was involved.

I totally agree with you about the profile thing, as it would be interesting to see what findings they had.

I am still uneasy about the whole bf rumor though, it just seems that as of right now it's all hearsay and I just think if I was the bf to a girl that was leaving her husband and she up and disappeared and I had no involvement whatsoever, that I would come forward immediately as I would have nothing to fear. Until more concrete proof comes along that there really was a separation taking place or that there was a bf, it just seems like it's rumors to provide motive to make TS look more guilty of being involved.

I agree, this whole case is getting stranger by the minute. I think JR looks as crazy as the people he's trying to point out as being crazy. I mean who would go and throw that information out there on a website like that and pay to register that domain name and hosting and put all of that up.

Also if you look at the court records, the elder Raprager, Herbert took TS to small claims court in 1987 on behalf of JR for the sum of $7.00, which seems to have had some influence on him. In 1995 he took a business to small claims court for $61.00.

In the conclusion he talks about how TS has 3 daughters of which his family has never been allowed to meet. I mean that doesn't surprise me at all. The girls were born years after all ties between TS and the Rapragers were severed. I think it makes complete sense that he never exposed the girls to that family and that whole scenario as he was just trying to give them the best, normal life and upbringing possible.

I also found his link to statistics as particularly interesting as the statistics are from 1988 and 1994 which to me is a wee bit dated. However if you look at it, it states that murder by a family member is 16% and the chance of that being a spouse (including common law marriage spouses) is 6.5%. So in reading the numbers with the current evidence that has been shared with the public, that means TS has a 6.5% chance of being guilty of being involved in the disappearance of his wife, while non-family member is 83.8%

Based on these numbers if there was indeed a boyfriend as many claim, statistically speaking the numbers are higher than he was involved. If the bf claim is true, and considering the fact that she had stopped back to the TS home twice that day already. What's to say she wasn't breaking it off with the bf or that perhaps he was following her and was angry that she was at TS's house twice and flew into a jealous rage?

I just keep my mind open to more possibilities as there are so many unanswered questions regarding the case.

It's seems like you aren't even willing to acknowledge the possibility that TS did this. You have to admit that he is suspect number 1 correct?

1. He's the last to have seen her and didn't report her missing for quite a long bit of time.
2. He's lied/misled the public about the nature of his relationship with his wife.(The detective isn't going to just make that up, most likely he has the seperation papers in his possession.
3. Does he have an alibi for that night? People assume that he went to bed but do we really know that? I bet that is something the police will be checking on.
4. The "crime" scene didn't appear to be an actual crime scene but an actual set up to make it look like a random crime. The only person who could do that is someone that had access to all of Katrina's stuff beforehand.

So LM taking away whatever personal relationship you have with TS out of the equation. Can you at least admit that if you saw these items in some generic case you would suspect the husband.

Perhaps you are correct, I tend to be an optimist. However I am well aware that almost anyone is capable of murder as evidenced all over this community. I can only judge on the information provided and first hand personal experiences, and as I have said in an earlier post, I will be extremely shocked if TS was involved.

I totally agree with you about the profile thing, as it would be interesting to see what findings they had.

I am still uneasy about the whole bf rumor though, it just seems that as of right now it's all hearsay and I just think if I was the bf to a girl that was leaving her husband and she up and disappeared and I had no involvement whatsoever, that I would come forward immediately as I would have nothing to fear. Until more concrete proof comes along that there really was a separation taking place or that there was a bf, it just seems like it's rumors to provide motive to make TS look more guilty of being involved.

We have been told/there is a rumor he did first thing. So he could be cleared and out of consideration as a suspect. The police have been very TIGHT lipped on this. They aren't going to mention everytime someone is cleared as a suspect. Heck it wasn't even the police that released the flier information it was the news.

WOW!
Have we seen this?
Written by the brother of TS (who happens to be my former employer)
He is conducting a poll.....

So, -Anna-, TS was your former employer? Somehow I missed this. Can you give us your honest take on TS and the whole situation and his noncrying interview. Do you have current (before Katrina went missing) contact with TS or with Katrina? Do you know Katrina? Please share what you can....
TIA!

He sure did go to a lot of trouble with his rant, didn't he? Very much his style, though. When I worked for him, we had some odd rules. My favorite - we could not drink coffee at our desks unless he approved of the cup or container. The cup had to pass his test. If a cup survived dropping it out the third floor window - we were allowed to use it. 'Twas strange fellow....

So, -Anna-, TS was your former employer? Somehow I missed this. Can you give us your honest take on TS and the whole situation and his noncrying interview. Do you have current (before Katrina went missing) contact with TS or with Katrina? Do you know Katrina? Please share what you can....
TIA!

I understood it to mean the brother was her boss. But I might be wrong.

ETA: scratch that, Anna clarified.

What does the detective have to gain by lying about the the separation?

If in fact they weren't separated and she was going to be coming home after that errand that night.(TS stated she was staying there the night I believe). Why did it take so long for him to report her missing?

I understood it to mean the brother was her boss. But I might be wrong.

ETA: scratch that, Anna clarified.

I was under the same impression that you were, that she was saying that JR was her former employer when she said "brother of TS" was her employer, and I still think that is what she meant when I read the post regarding the rant.

Anna sorry to trouble you but could you clarify? Was TS your former employer or was it JR?

Thanks.

TIA!

Sorry, I didn't phrase properly. I worked as investigator for J Raprager's agency. I knew him and TS.
I do not know Katrina. Bless her heart.

TS is a narcissist, in my opinion. Cold and emotionless.

It's seems like you aren't even willing to acknowledge the possibility that TS did this. You have to admit that he is suspect number 1 correct?

1. He's the last to have seen her and didn't report her missing for quite a long bit of time.
2. He's lied/misled the public about the nature of his relationship with his wife.(The detective isn't going to just make that up, most likely he has the seperation papers in his possession.
3. Does he have an alibi for that night? People assume that he went to bed but do we really know that? I bet that is something the police will be checking on.
4. The "crime" scene didn't appear to be an actual crime scene but an actual set up to make it look like a random crime. The only person who could do that is someone that had access to all of Katrina's stuff beforehand.

So LM taking away whatever personal relationship you have with TS out of the equation. Can you at least admit that if you saw these items in some generic case you would suspect the husband.

I apologize if I seem too close minded that TS could be involved. I thought I was clear in previous posts that I do not believe he would do something like this and I would be shocked if that is the case. I can also admit that right now everything does point to him as being the most likely suspect. That said there is lots of hearsay/rumors going around that just lead people to think more one way or another. I just don't see a father of 3 girls with whom he is extremely close as doing something like this as he has so much to lose. Also if you look at the posts on FB there are plenty of people that are the exact opposite of me already saying he's guilty, convict him and conducting a witch hunt and I do not think that is right either.

If TS is guilty, I certainly hope they find enough evidence to put him away, but if he's cleared or someone else was involved, those people who posted hateful comments for TS and his daughters to see will just slink away and delete their posts and pretend they never jumped to conclusions. Right now they are just hoping they are right and can throw a big "I told you so" at all those that are trying to be optimistic and supportive to all family members and friends involved.

You have to think, even if TS did do this, there is that much more pain and grief that all those that knew him will have to go through on top of missing Katrina.

-Anna-, If JR is out of state (for some reason I am thinking NC) and TS is in Machesney Park, IL, and they had no contact since JR was ~17 and TS was ~22, how did you know TS if it was JR that you worked for, which I am assuming was in NC or out of state at least? So sorry, but this is all so confusing....

I was under the same impression that you were, that she was saying that JR was her former employer when she said "brother of TS" was her employer, and I still think that is what she meant when I read the post regarding the rant.

Anna sorry to trouble you but could you clarify? Was TS your former employer or was it JR?

Thanks.

JR. It has been many years. I did not know he left town.
Laughing hysterically right now at a particular google hit regarding him. (hint!)
:silly:

We have been told/there is a rumor he did first thing. So he could be cleared and out of consideration as a suspect. The police have been very TIGHT lipped on this. They aren't going to mention everytime someone is cleared as a suspect. Heck it wasn't even the police that released the flier information it was the news.

I have confirmation from a close friend that the boyfriend did come forward immediately, was questioned extensively, and was cleared by police. I believe this all took place in the first days after she was reported missing by TS.

-Anna-, If JR is out of state (for some reason I am thinking NC) and TS is in Machesney Park, IL, and they had no contact since JR was ~17 and TS was ~22, how did you know TS if it was JR that you worked for, which I am assuming was in NC or out of state at least? So sorry, but this is all so confusing....

That is where it gets interesting. JR's business was here in Rockford. I lost track of him, and apparently he has been in NC for awhile, judging by the mugshot I just found. Anyhoo.... I am focusing on Smith all this time - not even thinking about the Raprager name. Woke up this morning, and went BAM! They are connected. Sure enough JR is out there airing all the dirty laundry.

I have confirmation from a close friend that the boyfriend did come forward immediately, was questioned extensively, and was cleared by police. I believe this all took place in the first days after she was reported missing by TS.

This was my understanding also. Thank you for letting us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse