GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree completely. Although I found the rest of the website to be an interesting read, I think it was a HUGE violation of his privacy to mention something like that. Criminal histories or arrests or things like that are one thing, but to "bring to light" someone else's sexual abuse isn't something I feel 3rd parties should ever do.

I knew JR well. I am sad that this is the boy I knew. Like I have said he has left out his record and his fathers. I hope nothing ever happens to one of his close loved ones, because his past may make him guilty without a trial or evidence. I also think it is wrong to post the ex wife's address. Again, post she is close by and leave it at that- the public can make their own assumption. So sad for these poor daughters now it's not just their dad and poor Katrina, but their mother too being drug into this. I hope if he try's to sue anyone for slander- they come right back at him.

I am anxious to hear if the items found over the weekend are thought to be connected to Katrina; they seem such obvious items, almost like a set-up in a way, unless the person using them was forced to abandon them and take off (i.e shovel, towel, etc.)

I appreciate LE being quiet if they are building a case, but they don't do the husband any favors by not "ruling him out" if in fact he has been ruled out. Have they even said recently that he is fully cooperating?

I agree, this whole case is getting stranger by the minute. I think JR looks as crazy as the people he's trying to point out as being crazy. I mean who would go and throw that information out there on a website like that and pay to register that domain name and hosting and put all of that up.

Also if you look at the court records, the elder Raprager, Herbert took TS to small claims court in 1987 on behalf of JR for the sum of $7.00, which seems to have had some influence on him. In 1995 he took a business to small claims court for $61.00.

In the conclusion he talks about how TS has 3 daughters of which his family has never been allowed to meet. I mean that doesn't surprise me at all. The girls were born years after all ties between TS and the Rapragers were severed. I think it makes complete sense that he never exposed the girls to that family and that whole scenario as he was just trying to give them the best, normal life and upbringing possible.

I also found his link to statistics as particularly interesting as the statistics are from 1988 and 1994 which to me is a wee bit dated. However if you look at it, it states that murder by a family member is 16% and the chance of that being a spouse (including common law marriage spouses) is 6.5%. So in reading the numbers with the current evidence that has been shared with the public, that means TS has a 6.5% chance of being guilty of being involved in the disappearance of his wife, while non-family member is 83.8%

Based on these numbers if there was indeed a boyfriend as many claim, statistically speaking the numbers are higher than he was involved. If the bf claim is true, and considering the fact that she had stopped back to the TS home twice that day already. What's to say she wasn't breaking it off with the bf or that perhaps he was following her and was angry that she was at TS's house twice and flew into a jealous rage?

I just keep my mind open to more possibilities as there are so many unanswered questions regarding the case.

I like your post :)

The rest of the family certainly make for interesting fodder....but I think Katrina is missing at the hand of her hubby. He is the focus for me.

I am anxious to hear if the items found over the weekend are thought to be connected to Katrina; they seem such obvious items, almost like a set-up in a way, unless the person using them was forced to abandon them and take off (i.e shovel, towel, etc.)

I appreciate LE being quiet if they are building a case, but they don't do the husband any favors by not "ruling him out" if in fact he has been ruled out. Have they even said recently that he is fully cooperating?

Agreed, I would think these get 'disposed' in different or better place, if related.

Paper towels? ....same type/color etc. as one found by car with blood?

Were there other things found on the search that would not be likely items related to an abduction/kidnapping/murder? Or were these the only things....were they found fairly close to another, alongside a road on a the way out maybe, or completely and randomly strewn about? any indication of the age of such items, Paper towels don't hold up well in the elements, the duct tape new or been out there through the elements?

I see there is camping at Rock Cut SP, was the shovel found near the campgrounds? If not, why else would anyone need a shovel at the park.

Again the question is was is planted there for diversion like all her belongings may have been or used in relation to her disappearance at the park?

I see there is camping at Rock Cut SP, was the shovel found near the campgrounds? If not, why else would anyone need a shovel at the park.

Again the question is was is planted there for diversion like all her belongings may have been or used in relation to her disappearance at the park?

Is rock cut still closed at dark? They used to lock the gates. I guess you could walk in, but not easy with a body.

Rock Cut has a bit of everything....camping, hunting, fishing, boating, picnic and play ground areas. While the items found *might* be related to Katrina's whereabouts the could just as easily be related to something else. :waitasec:

I agree completely. Although I found the rest of the website to be an interesting read, I think it was a HUGE violation of his privacy to mention something like that. Criminal histories or arrests or things like that are one thing, but to "bring to light" someone else's sexual abuse isn't something I feel 3rd parties should ever do.

:welcome: MissMalowe! :welcome4:

http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=362812

Investigators have also been working tireless on the case. There are currently 8 detectives focused on finding what happened to Katrina Smith after she was last seen around 9 at night leaving her home in Machesney Park two weeks ago.

"We're following up on any piece of information that we can," said Winnebago County Sheriff's Department Deputy Chief Dominic Iasparro.

Iasparro says detectives have been looking into Katrina's past, but haven't found anything that might help the case.

"No significant problems in the past that we're aware of, or that we can

http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=362812

Investigators have also been working tireless on the case. There are currently 8 detectives focused on finding what happened to Katrina Smith after she was last seen around 9 at night leaving her home in Machesney Park two weeks ago.

"We're following up on any piece of information that we can," said Winnebago County Sheriff's Department Deputy Chief Dominic Iasparro.

Iasparro says detectives have been looking into Katrina's past, but haven't found anything that might help the case.

"No significant problems in the past that we're aware of, or that we can

This may be smoke and mirrors but this really seems they aren't looking in the correct spot.

Thank you for the warm welcome message, IHAVENOCLUE!

This may be smoke and mirrors but this really seems they aren't looking in the correct spot.

i do not think its smoke and mirrors and it is very complicated to find someone that has been hidden...could take a very long time and they may never find her...

im very happy to see how many detectives are working on katrinas case and am not going to assume anything at the moment. jmho

What I mean smoke and mirrors is this. Why are they looking into her past to see who may have wanted to do this to her w hen there is a very public suspect. Shouldn't manpower be focused on either convicting or clearing him rather than fishing around in her past to see who may have motive.

What I mean smoke and mirrors is this. Why are they looking into her past to see who may have wanted to do this to her w hen there is a very public suspect. Shouldn't manpower be focused on either convicting or clearing him rather than fishing around in her past to see who may have motive.

While a agree with your priorities, I believe FIRST AND FOREMOST....the priority should be to find Katrina, over suspects, convictions and motives; If those investigations help find her - Great!, but focus on finding her first!
MOO.

Perhaps they have either cleared him, or want him to think he has been cleared? Sadly, it seems to be all speculation at this point. :banghead:

I just hope the find the answers soon, if foul play is involved the manage to :jail: the person(s) responsible.

looking in to a missing and/or murdered persons past often provides the perp to search for , le would be remiss if they didnt rule out anything in her past that could have led them straight to a suspect....moo

Perhaps they have either cleared him, or want him to think he has been cleared? Sadly, it seems to be all speculation at this point. :banghead:

I just hope the find the answers soon, if foul play is involved the manage to :jail: the person(s) responsible.

LE has not cleared TS, not even close. If you have read from the beginning the FindKatrinaSmith page on Facebook you will notice a pattern of the admin requesting that specific search and/or possible evidence information not be posted in case the guilty party is in fact reading there. I would suspect that request was possibly initiated by LE.

Who I really worry about are the three daughters. They obviously love Katrina very much and if, by chance, their dad had something, anything, to do with her disappearance their world would absolutely be shattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member