GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha. I wasn't sure and I hadn't even ever seen it!

the thing that keeps bringing me 'round to ts is the obvious fact that her body has been hidden...random strangers dont typically go thru the trouble of hiding bodies because no one would suspect them anyway because they are a stranger...

only persons known to the victim that would be suspected hide what they have done...moo, jmho etc. all that jazz

I have sent a very long and detailed request to Nancy Grace and now im going to send one to Dateline....there email is dateline@nbcuni.com

ive included all the docs that cant be posted here and every documented piece of this case hopefully it is interesting enough for them...the family was wanting peeps to contact nancy grace so, if the mood strikes go for it! the more the better...we have had enough here in illinois....stacy peterson, lisa stebic...never found...please not kristina now... :(

Hypothetical for those of you familiar with the area and even those that have been following google maps. Let's say you have lived in the area all of your life. 45 years to be exact. You are very familiar with the area, both rural and city. You know the bmx bike trails, hiking trails, little areas out in the country where you and your friends might have skipped school and hung out, or went parking with your girl after a football game. You murder someone, premeditated or accidental either way. What would be your reason behind leaving that person's car in an area with so much activity?

Hypothetical for those of you familiar with the area and even those that have been following google maps. Let's say you have lived in the area all of your life. 45 years to be exact. You are very familiar with the area, both rural and city. You know the bmx bike trails, hiking trails, little areas out in the country where you and your friends might have skipped school and hung out, or went parking with your girl after a football game. You murder someone, premeditated or accidental either way. What would be your reason behind leaving that person's car in an area with so much activity?

I'm not local Luna so I'm curious what locals have to say..

But what I do think is that whomever left her car there, most certainly staged it to look more like a robbery, kidnapping, or sexual attack.

Last night I saw a family picture (am I allowed to post that picture from Katrina's FB?) and it looks like Katrina was a little taller then Todd, he also seems to be kind of thin.

I would assume if there was an argument over something that led to a fight that Katrina would fight back, and one would expect scratches on Todd's face, arms or elsewhere. For sure LE looked into that, and that not being the case or Todd would have been arrested by now. IMO

I'm not local Luna so I'm curious what locals have to say..

But what I do think is that whomever left her car there, most certainly staged it to look more like a robbery, kidnapping, or sexual attack.

And it's a comfortable (mile or so) distance to Target where you can catch a bus that goes close to the home.

Body Found in Rock River

BYRON (WIFR) -- A body has been found in the Rock River near the intersection of Route 2 and Townline Road, south of Byron.

We have been told that the body is a female. However, authorities at the scene say they are far from determining whether or not it is the body of the missing Machesney Park woman.

We will bring you more information as it becomes available.

Body Found in Rock River

BYRON (WIFR) -- A body has been found in the Rock River near the intersection of Route 2 and Townline Road, south of Byron.

We have been told that the body is a female. However, authorities at the scene say they are far from determining whether or not it is the body of the missing Machesney Park woman.

We will bring you more information as it becomes available.

Wonder if anyone is down stairs. I have no sound so can't listen to scanner feed.

I'm listening to scanner... meet you down there...

Plase note that I am not a pro!

I'm downstairs too .. but don't rely on me to understand 30% of what they are saying...

*my heart is pounding*

**Just a note, this would be about 10 miles south of where the wallet was located. Putting the wallet around the half way point between where the car was found.**

Does anyone have a way to place the location of the body on the map?...

Intersection of Route 2 and Townline Road... on the Rock River...
South of Byron...

TIA

fwlk4p.jpg

i5wvgp.jpg

I always hate this time .. you don't know whether to wish it is her .. or not ?!?!?!? ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste