GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
fwlk4p.jpg

i5wvgp.jpg

I just "Liked" your page, Amanda! :great:

Is Byron downstream from Machesney? If so I'd guess it's her.

Wow, I'm from the area and that is a LONG way! I do know that there are parts of that river that run deep and fast, particularly through the downtown area of Rockford. But then there is a small island community just south of downtown where the river branches around and it would seem difficult to get around. But you never know with currents, but Machesney Park to Byron is a LONG way!

The Byron Fire Department and Police Department responded RT 2 and Town Line Rd. in Byron after a dead body was discovered in the Rock River.

Ogle County Deputy Michael Harn has confirmed that the body is female.

At 12:30, an off duty Byron firefighter was fishing in the river. He spotted a dead body caught on a log and called the Byron Sheriff's Department and Fire Department.

The body was severely decomposed and covered with algae. There were no pants on the body.

Three Winnebago County detectives were on scene but would not comment on why they were there.

An autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow at 9:00 A.M. in the Ogle County Morgue.

http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=363732

bbm

"severely decomposed" - what are the odds that another woman died weeks ago in that area under suspicious circumstances?

The Byron Fire Department and Police Department responded RT 2 and Town Line Rd. in Byron after a dead body was discovered in the Rock River.

Ogle County Deputy Michael Harn has confirmed that the body is female.

At 12:30, an off duty Byron firefighter was fishing in the river. He spotted a dead body caught on a log and called the Byron Sheriff's Department and Fire Department.

The body was severely decomposed and covered with algae. There were no pants on the body.

Three Winnebago County detectives were on scene but would not comment on why they were there.

An autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow at 9:00 A.M. in the Ogle County Morgue.

http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=363732

"severely decomposed" - what are the odds that another woman died weeks ago in that area under suspicious circumstances?

This just doesn't make a lot of sense, but anything is possible and lots have time has passed. I hope the autopsy can determine COD and of course it will confirm if this is Katrina. Does anyone have that map that showed the location of the car? If I remember correctly, it was very near the river. I am just wondering if we are able to rule out accidental drowning and/or suicide.

I do hope Katrina has been found, as I do not believe she is alive, or has been since October 22nd. Justice moves more efficiently when the victim is located.

Was there a rumor at some point that some pants had been found, or did I imagine that?

If this is Katrina, she wasn't put into the water at Machesney Park. There are dams, so someone put her in there close to where she was found.

CORRECTION:
There is a dam at Rockford, then none. I was mistaking a RR bridge for a dam.

I think the closest recent one was from Joliet .. a week before Katrina.

What are the chances? It's just downstream from where she lives.. a 10 minute drive ..

I think the closest recent one was from Joliet .. a week before Katrina.

What are the chances? It's just downstream from where she lives.. a 10 minute drive ..

How far away is Joliet?

No one in Byron that I've heard, and that's where our church is. Biggest news down there was the McDonalds opened last week!

The river changes direction from east-west to north-south right in that area. So it would be a natural area for debris to collect. It's no coincidence that both a log and a body were found in that spot. Of course, someone pointed out that there is a dam. So one would think that might have stopped a body from floating that far.

I have no idea how long the body has been there. The depth is only 5 feet. So, to me, this indicates that the body was placed in the water relatively close to where it was located.

60 MILES OR SO .. as the crow flies. (Rockford to Joliet)

The river changes direction from east-west to north-south right in that area. So it would be a natural area for debris to collect. It's no coincidence that both a log and a body were found in that spot. Of course, someone pointed out that there is a dam. So one would think that might have stopped a body from floating that far.

I have no idea how long the body has been there. The depth is only 5 feet. So, to me, this indicates that the body was placed in the water relatively close to where it was located.

A log was found today too? Where did you get that from?

If in fact she was found with no pants -

In general, if the perp. was someone who knew her, would the pants be removed to set the stage of it being a random sexual attack?

OR

Probably not and it was in fact a random attack?

Just curious on your thoughts..

Could the pants have come of while being washed down the river? Body is badly decomposed, pants got loose? Sorry if this is too graphic :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste