IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods can delete if not allowed; I think this is an ok fb course as it was referenced a lot in the Semaj case, also in Chicago.
Anita Padilla Fox 32 Chicago Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/AnitaPadillaFox32Chicago/videos/1180657175411007/
First part of the video Anita is taking about hurricane Irma, but about 8 minutes in starts to discuss Kenneka. At one point in the video she does show parts of the fb live video everyone has been discussing that was taken at the hotel that night. I like Anita & the way she covered the semaj case, so hoping for the same with this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reporter says she's forwarded all this information, video, social media messages, etc. to LE. She said she and the other reporter will stay on it until they find out what really happened. As she says, it's not certain that Kenneka is in the video, but LE needs to investigate. I like Anita, too. She seems like a very thorough reporter.

Creepy video, for sure.

ETA: All that said, this incident could have happened just as easily at someone's home or apartment with the same result. We know from following cases here at WS it sadly happens all the time. Having it happen at a hotel doesn't put the hotel at fault.

Snipped for focus

True, a party can happen anywhere. My feeling was I have heard about teens renting a room in a hotel specifically for holding these type of parties. I don't know how a hotel can keep track of who's coming and going when people don't need to sign in to use an elevator, etc. Considering the liability issue, I would hope hotels would be more careful but again, don't know if that's possible.

Snipped for focus

True, a party can happen anywhere. My feeling was I have heard about teens renting a room in a hotel specifically for holding these type of parties. I don't know how a hotel can keep track of who's coming and going when people don't need to sign in to use an elevator, etc. Considering the liability issue, I would hope hotels would be more careful but again, don't know if that's possible.

After reading more news stories about this case, it almost seems like some hotel employees were evasive and unhelpful when the mom first came looking for her daughter. If you're reading SM, you can see there may have been a reason for that. Not blaming management, but some employees may have been less than helpful in trying to help the mom and in refusing to review security tapes. They certainly should have alerted security if they saw a 19 yo woman inebriated and staggering around near the lobby area, as they claim the security video shows.

Snipped for focus

Vegas hotels make you show a room key before you are allowed to go up the elevator. I think all large hotels should have that policy!

I think MSM will pick up on it very soon.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

RSBM

Agreed.
And after viewing 'something' ... :( .... I need some 'ear bleach'.
Everyone's music tastes are different, I know.
Sensing that people Kenneka knew are being evasive.

Imo, there needs to be a more thorough investigation ; for the families' sake at least !

My question is how heavy are restaurant freezer doors ? And if inebriated -- are they difficult to open ?

Used to work part time (cooks' assistant) in HS at a summer camp-- they had a large walk in freezer and it was a bugger to heave open.
There was a small metal 'kick stand' you could put your foot on near the bottom to hold it open while carrying things in or out -- but there was no lock on the inside or outside. Just the temp gage was on the wall on the side of it.
But of course this was many years ago.

I thought in msm it was stated there was a lock on the outside-- and it WAS locked. Made no sense if she wandered in there ?
Curious if she was curled over in a fetal position as in trying to keep warm... or if she was laid out, as in passed out ? Hope she didn't suffer , but just 'went to sleep'.
Awful !!!! :(

Imo.

RIP, Kenneka !

Snipped for focus

We definitely were doing this in the '90s... drive up motels, high end hotels. Whoever was old enough would rent a room or two and a big group of kids would hang out all night. People (the males mostly) got pretty rowdy a couple times but never had anyone who worked at the hotels say a word or bat an eye. Of course we did the same thing at people's houses.

The autopsy should show if she was sexually assaulted. :(
I know LE views this as an unfortunate accident... but me being the nosy person I sometimes am..... I would like to view all of the hotel sec. cams showing the room that the party took place in and the areas where the freezer was located.
Also -- how in the heck did Kenneka find her way (walked down 9 floors--or did she take the elevator ?) into an area under construction ?
Wouldn't there be barriers in place ?
:moo:

The autopsy should show if she was sexually assaulted. :(
I know LE views this as an unfortunate accident... but me being the nosy person I sometimes am..... I would like to view all of the hotel sec. cams showing the room that the party took place in and the areas where the freezer was located.
Also -- how in the heck did Kenneka find her way (walked down 9 floors--or did she take the elevator ?) into an area under construction ?
Wouldn't there be barriers in place ?

Yes, there are far too many unanswered questions in this case. She had to wander pretty far through the hotel to get there. It seems someone should have seen her - security, night desk, housekeeping, etc. One of the news articles stated it looked like security video had been edited. Hope not.

Her friends claim she went missing that night while they went back to the hotel room to retrieve her keys and purse (sure). If you rent a hotel room for a party, don't you spend the night there? Why were they leaving in her car in the middle of the night?

I hope they question all the friends at the party and review their cell phone records and social media accounts. This group may not be the type to confess anything to LE, but they share a lot of their personal activities online.

Hope they do a thorough autopsy, too.

Mods can delete if not allowed; I think this is an ok fb course as it was referenced a lot in the Semaj case, also in Chicago.
Anita Padilla Fox 32 Chicago Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/AnitaPadillaFox32Chicago/videos/1180657175411007/
First part of the video Anita is taking about hurricane Irma, but about 8 minutes in starts to discuss Kenneka. At one point in the video she does show parts of the fb live video everyone has been discussing that was taken at the hotel that night. I like Anita & the way she covered the semaj case, so hoping for the same with this one

I can't hear "help" in video

I can't hear "help" in video

RSBM

I thought I could hear a few whimpers... but someone with video and sound quality expertise , could possibly clear it up -- to only hear the background noises.

Somebody on YT separated a concert microphone of Brittany Spear's so you could only hear her voice-- at a performance a few years ago.
It was interesting -- the tech stuff people can do these days.

Hoping for answers for Kenneka's family most of all !!
They have lost her forever-- they at least deserve the truth, no matter what.

haven't read a single detail other thana 19 year old girl went to a party at a hotel. I will catch up now but just wanted to say, without detail one, her being 19 years old, breaks my heart. I am off to read details to try to understand what happened and why, but those details are completely irrelevant in my book. I 19 year old with her whole life ahead has been taken. My heart hurts for her loved ones. I cannot imagine losing my child, my sister, my grandbaby at the age of 19.

haven't read a single detail other thana 19 year old girl went to a party at a hotel. I will catch up now but just wanted to say, without detail one, her being 19 years old, breaks my heart. I am off to read details to try to understand what happened and why, but those details are completely irrelevant in my book. I 19 year old with her whole life ahead has been taken. My heart hurts for her loved ones. I cannot imagine losing my child, my sister, my grandbaby at the age of 19.

Strap in. It gets crazy.

This is so sad. I feel terrible for this family. I'm also confused. This is going to sound morbid but how would they get her body downstairs to that freezer? On a luggage cart? And could they really pull that off? I find it easier to believe she walked down there, even if she was lured. I guess I'm having trouble putting the pieces together. But I definitely think there's foul play.

I'm really hoping LE has more than we think!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members