IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
haven't read a single detail other thana 19 year old girl went to a party at a hotel. I will catch up now but just wanted to say, without detail one, her being 19 years old, breaks my heart. I am off to read details to try to understand what happened and why, but those details are completely irrelevant in my book. I 19 year old with her whole life ahead has been taken. My heart hurts for her loved ones. I cannot imagine losing my child, my sister, my grandbaby at the age of 19.

Watch "the video" a few times.....it's chilling!

FWIW, I think the video was staged.

I'm waiting for LE/ME to provide more information. I will say two things, whoever provided those minors alcohol is screwed am I am certain the hotel will bare some responsibility for minors drinking in the establishment.

If her friends were involved with any foul play (aside from providing booze) why would they have called her mother?

FWIW, I think the video was staged.

I'm waiting for LE/ME to provide more information. I will say two things, whoever provided those minors alcohol is screwed am I am certain the hotel will bare some responsibility for minors drinking in the establishment.

If her friends were involved with any foul play (aside from providing booze) why would they have called her mother?

Only thing I can think of is that they thought they needed to have an alibi for her disappearance. They knew if they left her mom's car at the hotel and someone later found Kenneka, the police would first come looking for her friends who were at the party. Perhaps they thought by calling the mom and making it sound like Kenneka just got drunk and lost, it would make the whole thing seem like an accident.

Just a guess.

I couldn't do it. I got a really bad feeling, and I just couldn't after 30 seconds or so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I had the same problem. I didn't like what little I saw and had to turn it off. Would anyone like to summarize the video? TIA

I had the same problem. I didn't like what little I saw and had to turn it off. Would anyone like to summarize the video? TIA
Wasn't it eerie? I've looked at some creepy stuff from following cases, but for some reason, I just couldn't tolerate that video. I tried several times.

Wasn't it eerie? I've looked at some creepy stuff from following cases, but for some reason, I just couldn't tolerate that video. I tried several times.

Yep. I read a ton of crazy cases here but I have a low tolerance for creepy/weird videos. I don't want to have nightmares, lol!

I can freely admit a handful or two of times in my youth I got messed up. I never ended up in strange places. I ended up in the bed/room/house I was supposed to.

Something is off.

This case....man it is just sad. It really scares me that kids this age can put their minds to such lengths to do the alleged things they are being accused of. At that age I certainly wasn't thinking about "selling" a friend like this (if that is what happened) I have watched that video two ways from Sunday....over and over....one thing I can't seem to get past is the girl's chin quivering...like she is holding in sobs or crying. She goes from the quivering to smiling a few times and it just chills me to the bone. I am not sure what I make of this video yet....it's all just kind of jumbled in my brain right now. This is just sad all around though....I feel awful for her family.

Only thing I can think of is that they thought they needed to have an alibi for her disappearance. They knew if they left her mom's car at the hotel and someone later found Kenneka, the police would first come looking for her friends who were at the party. Perhaps they thought by calling the mom and making it sound like Kenneka just got drunk and lost, it would make the whole thing seem like an accident.

Just a guess.
This is what raised a red flag for me when I read about Kenneka's death. The "friends" didn't call Kenneka's mother until they left the hotel and were in her car. Who does that? I mean, it's like they were saying, "Your daughter's missing, but not to worry--we're bringing the car back."

Martin said her daughter's friends called her after 4 a.m. Saturday to say they had lost track of Jenkins in the hotel and left after they were unable to find her. The friends said they were in the car Martin had lent her daughter for the night and they had Jenkins' cellphone, Martin said.

Also:
Martin said around 3 or 4 p.m. Saturday, police viewed some of the hotel video footage and said they did not see Jenkins pictured.

The family left and came back a third time around 6 p.m. Saturday, Martin said, at which point relatives started knocking on room doors to see if any guests knew anything. The hotel called the police to complain about the knocking, Martin said. One of those responding officers listened to the family's plight and agreed to view the video footage again, Martin said.

Around 10 p.m. Saturday, police told Jenkins' relatives they had spotted her on video from about 3:20 a.m. that day, "staggering" drunk near the front desk, according to Martin.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...found-dead-rosemont-hotel-20170910-story.html

Why wasn't she seen on video the first time LE viewed footage? Was some of the footage withheld from them? It sounds like hotel management were conducting their own investigation and were angered when Kenneka's family continued looking for her there, knocking on doors to question other hotel guests. Apparently, they called LE to have Tenneka's family removed from the premises, but thankfully an officer listened to the family and reviewed video footage again.

MOO

This is what raised a red flag for me when I read about Kenneka's death. The "friends" didn't call Kenneka's mother until they left the hotel and were in her car. Who does that? I mean, it's like they were saying, "Your daughter's missing, but not to worry--we're bringing the car back."
(Snipped for brevity)

Who was the room rented to, anyone know?

One of the young women in the video (IR, I believe) works for the hotel. I read that somewhere. I need to find the link.

Yes....I read that also. Plus additional commentary that I read said the freezer was in the basement & only employees of the hotel had access to that area! But this is speculation at this time, so........

This case....man it is just sad. It really scares me that kids this age can put their minds to such lengths to do the alleged things they are being accused of. At that age I certainly wasn't thinking about "selling" a friend like this (if that is what happened) I have watched that video two ways from Sunday....over and over....one thing I can't seem to get past is the girl's chin quivering...like she is holding in sobs or crying. She goes from the quivering to smiling a few times and it just chills me to the bone. I am not sure what I make of this video yet....it's all just kind of jumbled in my brain right now. This is just sad all around though....I feel awful for her family.
Did you see anything in her glasses? The reflection?

Yes you can see reflection of someone wearing red.

Yes I see the person with a red long sleeve top and jeans. However that person seems to be sitting with hands in their lap during what some call the "help me" voice, and the body language of the red top person doesn't seem to jive with someone asking for help. They are still sitting there with hands in lap.

At least thats not what I see. Maybe someone else can double check me.

ETA - but I do def see a red top person!

Yes I see the person with a red long sleeve top and jeans. However that person seems to be sitting with hands in their lap during what some call the "help me" voice, and the body language of the red top person doesn't seem to jive with someone asking for help. They are still sitting there with hands in lap.

At least thats not what I see. Maybe someone else can double check me.

There are several people in the room. I have viewed the entire video several times.
Treading lightly due to TOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members