IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the video she is lying flat on the stretcher. So, she must have been laying flat on the freezer floor. I do think that this was an accident but that does seem strange to me. Just my opinion. I hope her family finds peace.

Not necessarily.
The ME lifts her head up to kind of put a pillow underneath. Her neck bends.
Once she was allowed to "thaw" I would imagine she could be laid flat.
This may be one of the reasons they waited to have her mother see her.

Hi my dear !

when they actually took the temp two hours after it was at 34

"On Sept. 27, the medical examiner's office went back for a follow-up investigation. A forensic pathologist assigned to Jenkins' case and the office's chief of investigations, a former New Orleans Police Department homicide detective lieutenant, went to the hotel and followed the path Jenkins took to a kitchen on the lower level of the hotel, the office said.
Rosemont police led the staff through the main kitchen area, up a set of stairs into a second kitchen area that was said to be unused at the time of Jenkins' death, the office said.
They were directed to a large walk-in cooler in the back of the kitchen, and no other doors, entrances or exits were accessible from the back of the kitchen, the office said.
Inside the cooler is the walk-in freezer where Jenkins was discovered, the office said. At the time of the inspection, the cooler's thermometer indicated a temperature of 40 degrees Fahrenheit, and the freezer's thermometer indicated a temperature of 10 degrees Fahrenheit, the office said.
The freezer Jenkins was found in was capable of getting to a temperature of 8 degrees, the medical examiner's office noted."

When they first found the body, someone checked the freezer temp and it was 34 degrees, but the freezer door had been left open for 2 hours.
On Sept. 27, the medical examiner's office went back for a follow-up investigation and checked the freezer temp again when the door was fully closed and running. That temp was 10 degrees, which is in the normal range.

The medical examiner checked the temperature of the freezer when he did a walk around with the Rosemont police. He wanted to see if the freezer was working properly. The freezer temperature was recorded as -10 degrees which is normal for a walk-in freezer. But that still doesn't explain why the freezer was running in a very old kitchen that hadn't been used in a long time.

The freezer was under test by the hotel long before medical examiner tested. It was on test to ascertain its condition and whether it needed repairing or replacement. So at that stage had nothing to do with Kenneka dying in there.

Had rigor even set in yet? I also wondered too how she could be laying so flat. This is so horrible. My worst fear is being burned alive but something happening to my child would far surpass that.
THANK YOU to all who have kept this thread updated...I dont get to check in daily so this is wonderful to be able to have an update without having to scroll back 20 posts.

Not sure how the temperature affects all of that? Perhaps she was frozen rather than in rigor and then defrosted? Or rigor may have come and gone by then? I can't stomach researching it right now but I'm sure someone else will know.

Recap of autopsy report:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kenneka-jenkins-case-autopsy-results-freezer-death/

The autopsy determined the substantial factor in the death was cold exposure, and the alcohol and drug found in her system were capable of hastening the onset of hypothermia and death, the medical examiner's office found.

"Alcohol and topiramate are synergistic. When combined, the effect of either or both drugs is enhanced. Topiramate, like alcohol, can cause dizziness, impaired memory, impaired concentration, poor coordination, confusion and impaired judgment," the news release said. "Central nervous system depression, or impairment, combined with cold exposure can hasten the onset of hypothermia and death."

The autopsy found no evidence of an altercation with someone else before her death and no evidence of trauma due to abuse.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-kenneka-jenkins-death-20171006-story.html

On Sept. 27, the medical examiner's office went back for a follow-up investigation. A forensic pathologist assigned to Jenkins' case and the office's chief of investigations, a former New Orleans Police Department homicide detective lieutenant, went to the hotel and followed the path Jenkins took to a kitchen on the lower level of the hotel, the office said.

Rosemont police led the staff through the main kitchen area, up a set of stairs into a second kitchen area that was said to be unused at the time of Jenkins' death, the office said.

They were directed to a large walk-in cooler in the back of the kitchen, and no other doors, entrances or exits were accessible from the back of the kitchen, the office said.

Inside the cooler is the walk-in freezer where Jenkins was discovered, the office said. At the time of the inspection, the cooler's thermometer indicated a temperature of 40 degrees Fahrenheit, and the freezer's thermometer indicated a temperature of 10 degrees Fahrenheit, the office said.

ETA:
In a statement released Friday night, Rosemont police said though “no sign of foul play appears to exist at this time,’’ they are continuing to investigate Jenkins’ death and are still looking for two people who originally checked into the hotel for the party.
One of the two is Shaniqua Watkins, who is wanted by police for theft or unauthorized use of a credit card and is being sought on four “active’’ arrest warrants, police said.

Four cellphones have been recovered from people at the party, including one that belonged to Jenkins and was obtained through a search warrant, police said. A forensic examination of the cellphones was conducted and they are being analyzed by detectives. Video surveillance from the hotel was sent out to be “enhanced for further examination,’’ and police are waiting for access to a Facebook account, to examine a video ''in its native format,’’ police said.
Police said they are working with the Cook County fugitive task force to locate Watkins but if anyone knows where she is, they are urged to call police, 847-823-1134, ext. 373.

Someone posted some pages back that Kenneka made a post about a job.

Supposedly it was in the health field, does anyone know if she had started already??

Also, does anyone know if her mother was perscribed topamax for her chemo?

Supposedly it was in the health field, does anyone know if she had started already??

I don’t positively know the answers, but I believe I read that Kanneka was out to celebrate the new job, and would be starting within a few days at a nursing home. I will see if I can find it again.

No clue what meds mom may have had.

http://fox59.com/2017/09/11/missing...man-found-dead-inside-hotels-walk-in-freezer/
According to family members and police, 19-year-old Kenneka Jenkins left her home around 11:30 p.m. Friday to celebrate her new job at a nursing home, WGN reported.
==

In a statement released Friday night, Rosemont police said though “no sign of foul play appears to exist at this time,’’ they are continuing to investigate Jenkins’ death and are still looking for two people who originally checked into the hotel for the party.
One of the two is Shaniqua Watkins, who is wanted by police for theft or unauthorized use of a credit card and is being sought on four “active’’ arrest warrants, police said.

Four cellphones have been recovered from people at the party, including one that belonged to Jenkins and was obtained through a search warrant, police said. A forensic examination of the cellphones was conducted and they are being analyzed by detectives. Video surveillance from the hotel was sent out to be “enhanced for further examination,’’ and police are waiting for access to a Facebook account, to examine a video ''in its native format,’’ police said.
Police said they are working with the Cook County fugitive task force to locate Watkins but if anyone knows where she is, they are urged to call police, 847-823-1134, ext. 373.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...006-story.html

[Copied from Spellbound's Post above]

===============================================================================================
So LE is still looking for the couple that checked in with the stolen credit card. Is the male that checked in, the same male we see mixing the drinks, in some of the videos?

Because if anyone drugged Kennekah, I think it was the guy handing the cups out to his gf, who passed one to K. I wonder if he was the one who rented out the room?

Weird that none of the party goers would tell LE where these 2 are.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...006-story.html

[Copied from Spellbound's Post above]

===============================================================================================
So LE is still looking for the couple that checked in with the stolen credit card. Is the male that checked in, the same male we see mixing the drinks, in some of the videos?

Because if anyone drugged Kennekah, I think it was the guy handing the cups out to his gf, who passed one to K. I wonder if he was the one who rented out the room?

Weird that none of the party goers would tell LE where these 2 are.

It is weird. I would like to think LE could shake a few answers out of these kids.

Brand new here. I've read the rules, so I hope I do not violate them.

This case has taken on a life of its own on FB and other social media platforms. According to her mom, she could not handle much alcohol at all. I am concerned that it appears she was out of it stumbling through the halls. The family seemed close enough. Mom recovering from surgery. She has mom's car. Why would she put herself and mom in that situation? Contact with Cook Country police on Saturday "We have detectives still here today. We have not released any new info (despite several outlets saying the police have released new reports?) but we will in the next week to two week. This case is not closed yet."

Brand new here. I've read the rules, so I hope I do not violate them.

This case has taken on a life of its own on FB and other social media platforms. According to her mom, she could not handle much alcohol at all. I am concerned that it appears she was out of it stumbling through the halls. The family seemed close enough. Mom recovering from surgery. She has mom's car. Why would she put herself and mom in that situation? Contact with Cook Country police on Saturday "We have detectives still here today. We have not released any new info (despite several outlets saying the police have released new reports?) but we will in the next week to two week. This case is not closed yet."

welcome, tanne. Thanks for the update ... I do hope we get that “new report.” This has gone too quiet now.

First time posting but new pictures will be released of Kenneka as she was found in the freezer. The pictures are reported to be graphic in nature and her family says they raise more questions than answers. I don't think I want to see them but will be here to read your thoughts on the pictures if any of you wish to see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98
Back