IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting thoughts!

Could he be separated but still married? Perhaps he started this relationship and never bothered to divorce?
Maybe she had a sudden bout of morning sickness after getting dressed for work and changed her mind then called in? I wonder if she was going to the drug store for medicine? Ginger ale? Crackers?

People don't suddenly change their habits this drastically...her mom knows her and doesn't believe she would just disappear! I want to know that LE has SOMETHING they just aren't saying.
This case has me very, very upset.

(Sorry, i meant to quote responses to Bethann777's reply above.)

Last edited:
The brief video of the surveillance doesn't give us all there is. It cuts out when she walks south on S Vernon, past the white car. Based on google maps (which may be outdated) her car was a couple houses south of that on the other side of the street. Limited on-street parking there, may be by permit, idk.

Kierra was walking sort of north, towards her apartment, then turns south. She crosses the street at the home that is next door to her apartment building (the one with white urn flowerpots) and continues south....and that is all they showed.

I saved all the pics I could of the surveillance, and the corresponding google maps in the Case Archive.

Day after day with no news . Her poor family must be in agony!!
I'm worried this going unsolved and her family never getting answers.
I'm curious about the timing of the sick call-in and how it corresponds to the video of her walking in uniform. Lunch in the car, was she planning to go to work?
I'm hoping LE call access her phone to determine if the sick call was made from that phone.
Prayers for the family

I read on social media that many speculate her disappearance is not being taken seriously for two possible reasons: 1. Rumored to be having an affair with a married man. 2. Called in sick to work, but is seen wearing her work uniform. Speculated that she was being deceptive from the get go.

Not my opinion, I honestly don’t know what to think. Just throwing a few thoughts out there that are on FB.

Who knows?

That she left willingly is slightly on my radar too. It wouldn't be far fetched to think she could have left via a ride share company.

Some things are are bit secretive in the case, such as why she called off for two or three days before her disappearance. She was with two relatives the day before she disappeared, was anything amiss?

The sequence of events leading up to her disappearance may have some relevance but they aren't being shared with the public, why?

Maybe she left to escape the boyfriend? Maybe he was abusive and for her and the baby's protection she left. Maybe she thought her family might tell him where she is located if she told them?

No mention if any of her clothes were missing, or if any of her debit or credit cards have been used? Any large withdrawals from her bank?

Just too many unanswered questions and I don't necessarily think police have any reason for considering foul play other than the amount of time she has been missing.

Day after day with no news . Her poor family must be in agony!!
I'm worried this going unsolved and her family never getting answers.
I'm curious about the timing of the sick call-in and how it corresponds to the video of her walking in uniform. Lunch in the car, was she planning to go to work?
I'm hoping LE call access her phone to determine if the sick call was made from that phone.
Prayers for the family

She would have called in sick the day before the video

The statistics don't look good :( hoping for some sort of resolution

Just popping on with this link, unsure if it has already been posted or not.

I put off watching this video but thanks for posting because apparently her mother said in an interview that she [K] called in herself.

I'm glad that he was as confused as I was. The reported has been strange

Last edited:
I would like to know why she had taken off the 2 days before she called in sick and went missing. I know when I was pregnant both times I avoided taking any extra leave or time off because I wanted to save as much PTO as possible to extend my maternity leave and I knew I would need it after I went back to work for days my babies were sick or I didn't have daycare so I'm assuming that it was something pretty important for her to miss work.

dotr, I'm watching the vid you put up. I swear I could point by point say the same as this man... the news reporting discrepancies are just whack. Even CPD spokesman has the location wrong on his twitter. Different channels don't even get the age or even the sisters names correct.

Beyond frustrating.

Possibly Kierra found out that she is not the "only one" and either an event occurred that caused her to be disappeared or she voluntarily left to go into hiding for one reason or another? I don't know if anyone else saw "Bonnie and Clyde" on FB? If you search Kierra Coles missing on fb you will see what I am referring to. There are interesting comments with it, also.

So she or someone else called her out sick ahead of time, likely using the USPS automated call out system that does not require you to speak but does require you to input your EIN. After calling out sick, she is seen on video in her work uniform. Her lunch is in her car. These things indicate that she planned to go to work, IOW someone else called her out sick ahead of time without her knowledge because they had something planned and it wasn't anything good. :(

I am a bit messy... sometimes I have left my lunch in the car. I wonder what the lunch was? If it was salad and fruits then it would indicate that it was very fresh, however if it was more snack type foods then perhaps it was an older lunch?... If she hadn't been at work for three days then it would be odd to have a packed lunch there.

I read they were sure it was her that called in sick. So I am going to brainstorm that she had planned on not being there... Perhaps she was meeting up with someone and dressed in her work uniform to use the excuse of having to leave as "I have to go to work"... even if she wasn't? Someone she didn't want to hang around with too long.

However if lunch, purse and phone were in the car it does seem like she was going somewhere and has been interrupted. What would make me leave my stuff in the car and walk away? if I saw someone needing assistance, an emergency in the street, seeing someone familiar to me I would quickly say hello. Or perhaps she never placed her belongings in the car and they were returned there after something horrible had happened.

I'm trying to get caught up on this. Do we know if she lived with the boyfriend?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leoa69
Back