GUILTY IL - Kierra Garner, 6, dies of drug OD, Dolton, 5 Jan 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My intuition says some kind of gas they didn't detect, or the father knew just what to give them to murder them both...

We might be on the right track with the mother here. Just found this one.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_008232942.html

(CBS) DOLTON, Ill. The mother of a 6-year-old girl may be the focus of a Dolton police investigation into the little girl’s death.

But CBS 2’s Dana Kozlov reports that police won’t be able to interview Patrice Garner formally for at least another day.

Garner, 35, who works as an accountant, was found unresponsive Thursday on the bed in her home on the 15700 block of South Dobson Avenue in Dolton. Garner’s 6-year-old daughter, Kierra, was found dead on her chest.

"Whatever happened in the home, obviously Mrs. Garner's statement to us is going to be very imperative," Dolton police spokesman Sean Howard said.

Howard added, "There were some medications found in the home that would leave us to believe that maybe Mrs. Garner would have a reasonable explanation for some of these items that we found."

Marie said:
Yep, they do :) All sorts of doctor's travel to our small town and rural areas all over the country.

Does sound like a funny phrase though :D
I've heard of doctors traveling, my mom works for a group of respiratory doctors and they don't just stay in this area, they drive about an hour north and see patients there also. Anesthesiologists are a little different though, I guess I just never thought of them traveling.

Paradise said:
I've heard of doctors traveling, my mom works for a group of respiratory doctors and they don't just stay in this area, they drive about an hour north and see patients there also. Anesthesiologists are a little different though, I guess I just never thought of them traveling.
We have an out-patient surgery center operating on certain days of the week/month. Even the guy who did my MRI came from some where else. I also know that for women who chose a hospital birth and want that spinal thing/pain relief, they have to give birth during day hours or give several hours notification (if you can imagine! - I birthed at home but was given this info in case I had to be hospitalized).

I imagine that the traveling Anesthesiologists are just like most of the doctor's that work in rural areas - they're still young, still gaining experience, still paying off student loan debts, or have agreed to work in rural areas in return for tuition/education, trying to start their own business, or they've chosen to live in an area with a low population and must travel in order to make a decent income.

How sad for this poor little girl. I really want to beleive that mom had nothing to do with it, but it doesn't look like it's going that way.
Take your own life if you must, but leave the little girl alone !!!!

Marie said:
Yep, they do :) All sorts of doctor's travel to our small town and rural areas all over the country.

Does sound like a funny phrase though :D

Yes, but we aren't talking about traveling from the city to the country. We are talking about an anesthesiologist who travels from Illinois to California. I also think that is odd.
He was in surgery when they came to notify him of his daughter's death and the the mother's coma. I haven't seen anything to indicate just when he left to go to Cal. LE is saying he is not a suspect.

A Dolton woman who was found comatose in her home last week lying next to her dead 6-year-old daughter awoke from her coma Sunday, police said.

Police plan to question Patrice Garner, 35, as early as Monday, Dolton spokesman Sean Howard said. "It's a big boost to our case," he said.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0601090092jan09,1,2969533.story?coll=chi-news-hed

The south suburban woman found unconscious near her dead 6-year-old daughter last week has come out of her coma, officials said Sunday. Patrice Garner's condition had improved enough that she was taken out of Ingalls Hospital's intensive care unit.

Investigators had a "brief discussion" with the Dolton woman about what might have led to her daughter Kierra's death. An autopsy conducted Friday on the first-grader was inconclusive.

Dolton Police spokesman Sean Howard would not call the mother a suspect but did say investigators suspected foul play in the girl's death and that they wished to speak with the woman further.

Blood tests are to be taken from Garner and compared with body fluids taken from her daughter.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-bodies09.html

What does that last statement mean?

mysteriew said:
A Dolton woman who was found comatose in her home last week lying next to her dead 6-year-old daughter awoke from her coma Sunday, police said.

Police plan to question Patrice Garner, 35, as early as Monday, Dolton spokesman Sean Howard said. "It's a big boost to our case," he said.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0601090092jan09,1,2969533.story?coll=chi-news-hed

The south suburban woman found unconscious near her dead 6-year-old daughter last week has come out of her coma, officials said Sunday. Patrice Garner's condition had improved enough that she was taken out of Ingalls Hospital's intensive care unit.

Investigators had a "brief discussion" with the Dolton woman about what might have led to her daughter Kierra's death. An autopsy conducted Friday on the first-grader was inconclusive.

Dolton Police spokesman Sean Howard would not call the mother a suspect but did say investigators suspected foul play in the girl's death and that they wished to speak with the woman further.

Blood tests are to be taken from Garner and compared with body fluids taken from her daughter.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-bodies09.html

What does that last statement mean?

They must be comparing toxicology tests to see if she poisoned or drugged her daughter and herself.

In our area there are Anesthesia Groups and ER Doctor Groups, which are almost like Rent-A-Doctors that go to areas where they are needed. I know someone else can describe this better than I can.

KatherineQ: Succinylcholine - a muscle relaxant for striated muscle that is used as an adjunct to anesthesia during certain surgical procedures

It is very potent and I think was difficult to find (unless looking for it) in deaths.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/5947493/detail.html

This article has some different info, some of it is conflicting.

The girl's mother, Patricia Garner, 35, was found unresponsive when emergency personnel arrived at the home. Kierra -- who was laying on her chest -- was also unconscious, but later died.

I believe the above is wrong. I thought the little girl was already dead when the grandmother arrived at the house.

Garner woke from a coma Sunday morning and police spoke with her briefly.

"She made some other statements that I can't get into right now, but based on some of the statements, we are pushing toward interviewing her again," Harvey Police Detective Sean Howard said.

Police stopped short of calling Garner a suspect in the case, but said prescription drugs were found in the home, and that needle marks on her buttocks may indicate drug use, NBC5 reported.
Garner's husband, an anesthesiologist who lives part-time in California, was ruled out as a suspect in the case, but officials said there were some problems between the couple.

"There was some obvious strain between the couple, and there were some discussions

just a thought...Maybe she had a drug problem and he threatned her that if she did not clean up her act he would divorice her and take the daughter away from her. Or, maybe she had had her last chance and he told her that was it, when he came home he was gonna divorice her and take the daughter from her.

Or...I could be totally wrong and he did it, but I dont feel that in this case.

Just a thought. It is really hard to give yourself and injection in the buttocks. peole who have to inject themselves usually will use the stomach or thighs.
And I wonder what type of injectable drugs they were? And where she got them?

Do you think she could have taken them from his medical bag? I wonder if he carried medications with him since he was a traveling anesthetician. (whoa, spelling on that?)

Okay.. As far as needle marks in the butt, I cannot imagine trying to give myself a shot there. I have frequent migraines. Before I found preventative drugs to help these monster migraines, I used to end up in the ER regularly where I would get shots... in the butt.

I wonder if her husband innocently gave her an injection before he left due to an illness, and she took more prescription drugs later, and in her haze, drugged her daughter. People on strong narcotics (especially those injected) cannot think straight. I have no idea why she would do this, but I dont know the circumstances. Of course, if she had an injection PEN, and not an actual syringe needle, she could easily give herself a shot in the butt. I dunno.

I'm confused. I thought the needle marks were on the child's buttocks.

Mr. E said:
I'm confused. I thought the needle marks were on the child's buttocks.

You might be right. I thought it was the mothers, but I will go back and try to clarify what I read. If the marks were on the child, than it is much clearer what happened.... to me anyways.

No, I think it is needle marks on the mother.

Police stopped short of calling Garner a suspect in the case, but said prescription drugs were found in the home, and that needle marks on her buttocks may indicate drug use, NBC5 reported.

I don't think that it would be hard to give yourself an injection in the side of your butt. I always felt that the mother was responsible and that it was intentional. I guess that we will have to wait and see.

mysteriew said:
Just a thought. It is really hard to give yourself and injection in the buttocks. peole who have to inject themselves usually will use the stomach or thighs.
And I wonder what type of injectable drugs they were? And where she got them?

I just had a thought...When you said it would be hard to give yourself a shot in the butt...Maybe her husband usually does it for her, maybe they both are addicted and he shoots her up, but he was not around and she took whatever drugs on her own, and overdosed. But wait, that does not explain what happened to the child. hmmm. I am gonna go look for new news.

The way I read it, it sounded like the mom's butt. Why would the article say that the little girl had needle marks which were evidence of drug "use".? If it was on the little girls body, I'd say we can surmise that the mother injected her and then injected herself. I hope it doesnt turn out that way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back