GUILTY IL - Kimberly Vaughn, 34, & 3 children slain, Channahon Twp, 14 June 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are they checking out the jacket he was wearing that day...gun residue? It's pretty obvious that he murdered his whole family. I hope some dirty defense attorney doesn't find a way to get him off. I wonder when the trial will take place?

Forensic testing still has isn't complete for some evidence in Christopher Vaughn's murder case.

And Monday, neither the defense nor the prosecution knew exactly how much longer it would take. A state lab is checking a car seat belt with 19 blood stains, and a private lab is doing work on a jacket allegedly worn by Vaughn on the day his wife and children were shot to death.

~snip~

During the brief court appearance Monday, Gerald Kielian, one of Vaughn's lawyers, asked the judge to schedule the next court date for 9:30 a.m. Feb. 22.
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/plainfieldsun/news/1985044,Vaughn-case-evidence-JO011110.article

Accused husband plans to say suicidal wife killed kids, herself

Christopher Vaughn says he lost his memory of I-55 murders

~snip~

But the Daily Herald has learned Vaughn maintains it was his wife, Kimberly - severely depressed and suicidal as a side effect of improperly taking prescription medication she used to treat migraines - who opened fire before turning the gun on herself. Vaughn also will say he suffered immediate memory loss due to the traumatic event, a source close to the investigation said.

Prosecutors lack a confession, but they said forensics, crime-scene evidence and interviews are proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the devoted mother could not have pulled the trigger.

Testimony from some on the prosecution's initial witness list, which included nearly 300 people from insurance fraud investigators to strip club workers, will focus on allegations that the husband had grown unhappy in his nearly 13-year marriage. Witnesses also are expected to detail that he had a financial motive to get rid of his family.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=349851

The state's tests on an alleged bullet hole in a jacket owned by Christopher Vaughn might not be completed until the end of April, a Will County judge learned Monday.

Vaughn allegedly wore the jacket on the day nearly three years ago that his wife and three children were murdered. Prosecutors and defense lawyers in the quadruple homicide case have been waiting for the results of the tests since last year.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/2064161,4_1_JO23_VAUGHN_S1-100223.article

bump. At this rate I think Drew Petersons case will be finalized before this one gets to trial.

Did anyone hear what happened on the 26th? I have followed this case from the beginning, but information is impossible to get.

In December 2006, Christopher Vaughn traveled to Mexico on a business trip and had an extramarital affair.

~snip~

Vaughn admitted to the affair. He told state police about what happened in Mexico during a day-long interview, Kielian said. Then the information was included in a search warrant related to the murder investigation.

That warrant and others were discussed Monday during a hearing on defense motions in the case. Kielian and co-counsel John Rogers of St. Louis, Mo., have asked the judge to prevent some information obtained by the warrants from being used as evidence by the prosecution.

more at link
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2202618,Vaughn-murders-affair-JO042610.article

Information obtained during the first three searches of Christopher Vaughn's home can be used as evidence during his murder trial, a Will County judge ruled Tuesday.

But Vaughn's lawyers want to keep more evidence from being used at trial. The judge needs time to consider the issues before making a decision, however.

~snip~

At the end of the hearing, Rozak said he would announce his decision on the various motions at 10 a.m. May 5.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/2207670,4_1_JO28_VAUGHN_S1-100428.article

Nearly three years have passed without a trial in the murder case against Christopher Vaughn, accused of shooting his wife and three children, and the Oswego man is starting to show the strain.

Before a court hearing Tuesday in Joliet, Vaughn let loose an emotional complaint to his attorneys about delays in the case, which now is unlikely to go to trial before 2011.

"I'm done; I'm tired; I'm finished," Vaughn said in a loud whisper to his attorney John Rogers. "I've had nothing to do for the past three years."

When Rogers warned him to watch his language after Vaughn uttered a vulgarity, his client responded by saying, "I'm already in the hole." A Will County Jail spokeswoman said Vaughn is being held in the facility's medical unit.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...ristopher-vaughn-trial-delays-kimberly-vaughn

chicoliving, Thank you so much for these needed updates. I always check here for info because this is the best site. Alot of times I try google and seems like I get the old stories. Again Thanks.

bump. At this rate I think Drew Petersons case will be finalized before this one gets to trial.
Boy, no doubt! This one has been a long time coming. Probably a defense tactic to allow the fervor to die down as much as possible.

Let's get on with it, time will not erase the guilt of the accused.

Nearly three years have passed without a trial in the murder case against Christopher Vaughn, accused of shooting his wife and three children, and the Oswego man is starting to show the strain.

Before a court hearing Tuesday in Joliet, Vaughn let loose an emotional complaint to his attorneys about delays in the case, which now is unlikely to go to trial before 2011.

"I'm done; I'm tired; I'm finished," Vaughn said in a loud whisper to his attorney John Rogers. "I've had nothing to do for the past three years."

When Rogers warned him to watch his language after Vaughn uttered a vulgarity, his client responded by saying, "I'm already in the hole." A Will County Jail spokeswoman said Vaughn is being held in the facility's medical unit.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...ristopher-vaughn-trial-delays-kimberly-vaughn
Well what the heck does he think he's going to have to do once he's been tried and convicted of his crimes? Sheesh. Someone needs to tell accused wife and child murderer Vaughn to get used to it. Unfreakingbelievable.

Will someone please update? It is almost impossible to get an update. Thanks

I know. In these cases news coverage often drops off considerably after the arrest. It has been three years since his arrest. The article linked above is the most recent one I've been able to find. So, they are apparently still arguing over the evidence and the witness lists, etc.
The article states that the trial will not begin before 2011. I'm guessing sometime next summer.

I'm sure this thread will be updated as the case proceeds.

FWIW, I'm following a murder case here in Los Angeles (Northridge, CA) which is not even close to trial, four years after the arrest of the suspect. Nothing in the news about it, just one court delay after another. Here's the WS thread:

Three family members found dead in Northridge - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks Joe, I go through the old news links trying to get any info with no luck. I just want this family to get justice.

Thanks Joe, I go through the old news links trying to get any info with no luck. I just want this family to get justice.
Ditto that. I know, it seems hard for us, can't imagine what agony it is for family and loved ones.....

Christopher Vaughn's lawyers argued about a dozen issues in his murder case during a lengthy hearing Tuesday.

Most of the subjects were fairly typical, such as asking Will County Judge Dan Rozak to find Illinois' death penalty unconstitutional. They also asked for permission to rule out 20 jurors from the pool instead of the usual 14.

The state quickly agreed to some things. Will County Assistant State's Attorney Dede Osterberger said prosecutors would not call Vaughn "an animal" during the trial, for example.

After hearing everything, Rozak decided to take the matters under consideration until 9:30 a.m. Aug. 12.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/...8,Vaughn-court-evidence-Will-JO062910.article

Thanks Chico for all the updates. Maybe one day this will go to trial. I so want to justice for this Mother and her children. I remember when this was all over the news, internet and tv. Now nothing and this needs to come back in the light.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/08/lawyers-for-murder-suspect-cop-did-poor-job.html

Attorney faults cop's work in Vaughn family slaying case

Defense attorney John Rogers received permission Thursday from Judge Daniel Rozak to depose Illinois State Police crime scene investigator Robert Deel. Deel gathered evidence after Christopher Vaughn's wife and children -- ages 12, 11 and 8 -- were found shot to death in the family's sport-utility vehicle in Channahon Township.

A Will County judge has OK’d more testing of evidence in the case against an Oswego man accused of killing his family in 2007.

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news/2829007-418/police-block-aurora-charged-oswego.html

I'm beginning to wonder if this case is going to go to trial before 2020. This case occured about the same time as Jessie Davis's murder and Bobby Cutts was found guilty of her murder in Feb 2008. I'm amazed to this day they both occured about the same time. One conviction almost 3 years ago, another still tied up in the courts. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member