GUILTY IL - Kimberly Vaughn, 34, & 3 children slain, Channahon Twp, 14 June 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope LE knows where he is.

He has not been in contact with who?

--->>>From the new link bottom of page 4 here:

"Meanwhile, neighbors said they have not seen Christopher Vaughn, and his parents who drove in from St. Louis also have not been in contact with him.

"You guys know as much as the police do and everything else, so I really don't have any comment," Vaughn's father said.

Vaughn's father told a neighbor he is concerned about his son and was hoping Christopher would be home by now.

"They thought maybe he came out here because the police told them he was released last night," said neighbor Mohammed Ansar. "He said he's worried about him.
In a situation like that, a person could do anything."

Why would anyone believe anything he says until the ballistics come back?

Soooo, hubby drives up a deserted road? under the pretext of fixing the luggage. He's outside of the vehicle fixing the luggage, wife rolls down the window to talk to him while he's busy, he walks up behind her and 'wham!' shoots her on the side of the head! Then he proceeds to shoot the children in the rear of the car. Then, to make it look like she's the guilty party, he takes her dead hand, shoots one or more times at the kids, shoots himself once in the leg and throws the gun into the vehicle. THEN he takes his time to make sure there's no gun powder residue on his hands, I mean he did have three hours or so, right? and then finds someone to call 911.:bang:

OK, tell me one computer expert who does NOT carry a cell phone, or one of those personal data type things that can also go onto the internet?

I'm not buyin' it. I don't believe she's the perp. imho

Besides, where is he now?

JMHO
fran

PS....We don't know that they were having money problems. They were approved for the loan on his salary, I assume. I mean, she was working in the clubhouse of that same housing development, right? So she probably got the job AFTER they moved there and probably to use up some of her extra time while the kids were in school. Let's see if there's an insurance premium or one or two gf's come out of the woodwork. After all, they said he traveled a great deal.....fran

I am sure the grieving father/husband will soon emerge....

from the office of a criminal defense attorney. I mean you can't call your parents & inform them of their dil & grandchildren's horrible demise until you've lawyered up.

I wonder if the reason the police are publicly stating that he is not a suspect is because they have also lost track of him, & they don't want to give him any reason to run. He may have already run. Or maybe he's killed himself. I do not buy for one moment that this mother killed her children.

I wonder if the reason the police are publicly stating that he is not a suspect is because they have also lost track of him, & they don't want to give him any reason to run. He may have already run. Or maybe he's killed himself. I do not buy for one moment that this mother killed her children.

Me neither. No way. And not because I don't think a mother can't kill her children - mothers can do this just as well as anyone (well, you know what I mean). But there is no way in heck she shot her husband in the leg, shot her three kids in the backseat and shot herself - all from the passenger seat. If she did it, no way did she shoot the kids from the passenger seat (can you imagine someone trying to do that?). She'd have to get out of the car. Then why go back in to sit down and shoot herself? Nu-uh. Not making sense. The husband disappearing is just the cherry on top of the arrow pointing at his guilt.

I am sure the grieving father/husband will soon emerge....

from the office of a criminal defense attorney. I mean you can't call your parents & inform them of their dil & grandchildren's horrible demise until you've lawyered up.

OhMyGosh!

I didn't think of that! You may be sooo right............or...........he realized how LAME :croc: his story sounded to REAL LAW ENFORCEMENT and knew he wasn't going to get away with it so he RAN............................!

JMHO
fran

PS.....IMHO, he's a wanna-be LE, thought he knew how to get away with the perfect crime,...................but...................sorry-a....................doesn't make sense to me!:loser: fran

Some more random thoughts.

1. When LE released him, what method of transportation took him from the PD station? A taxi --> trip log?
The murder car would be in possession of LE for evidence collection.

2. Could the children have been given a date rape drug to put them out -- ?drinking containers in the car ? probably not OR?
a. IF date rape drug was given somehow, there would be no trace in autopsy, and the children cannot tell now.

3. When the bodies were found in the car, their positions, and the trajectories of the bullets that entered their bodies, would indicate if they had tried to escape. OR OR IFIF they were knocked out with DRD, the bullet entries would most likely be pretty much the same IF IF the victims were NOT awake

4. MOTIVE, what was the MOTIVE?????????????? Thats the big question?!?!?

5. Betcha part of the delay in flagging down a car, was because HE buried some evidence, drinking containers etc.

I can't think of the name of it, but there was a book/movie a few years ago about a man who made arrangements to stop at a deserted place and had made arrangements for a killer to be there waiting to kill his wife. I think that is possible in this case. He could have had the person shoot him once to make it look like she shot him too. It just seems such an odd place to stop in the dark, and if the lady who lives in the area heard shots at 10:00 and it wasn't reported for a few hours, it really makes it a strange case. Almost everyone carries a cell phone, especially when traveling. Things just don't add up in his story. Even if he was shot in the leg, what father would just run and let someone kill their children?

Another link. My apologies if this is already here and I've missed it:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003748996_family15e.html

Cute picture of Kimberly:

2003748537.jpg

I've been wondering what her family has had to say. I found something here, in addition to a quote from his Mom:

http://www.bradenton.com/439/story/74157.html

snip

Kimberly Vaughn's sister, Nikki Isemann, told the Chicago Tribune her sister was looking forward to a romantic weekend getaway with her husband.
"Kim was very excited about it, getting last-minute things packed," Isemann said. "Her husband, he adored her. He would do everything for her."
Christopher Vaughn's mother, Gail Vaughn, told the Chicago Sun Times her son didn't appear to have any marital problems.
A neighbor said he had never seen any signs of discord at the Vaughn house.

I can't think of the name of it, but there was a book/movie a few years ago about a man who made arrangements to stop at a deserted place and had made arrangements for a killer to be there waiting to kill his wife. I think that is possible in this case. He could have had the person shoot him once to make it look like she shot him too. It just seems such an odd place to stop in the dark, and if the lady who lives in the area heard shots at 10:00 and it wasn't reported for a few hours, it really makes it a strange case. Almost everyone carries a cell phone, especially when traveling. Things just don't add up in his story. Even if he was shot in the leg, what father would just run and let someone kill their children?
I know the case of which you speak. One of the sons (Robby) is married to Tracey Gold (the actress). The husband, who had a mistress who was pressuring him to get a divorce, took his wife somewhere (NJ?) for a romantic dinner. I think that it was on the way back to the house that he stopped to check a tire that he said was low. A gunman was there waiting. He murdered her and maybe shot him. It turned out that he set it all up.

I would be really curious to know if this guy had a mistress or if he were in debt.

I know the case of which you speak. One of the sons (Robby) is married to Tracey Gold (the actress). The husband, who had a mistress who was pressuring him to get a divorce, took his wife somewhere (NJ?) for a romantic dinner. I think that it was on the way back to the house that he stopped to check a tire that he said was low. A gunman was there waiting. He murdered her and maybe shot him. It turned out that he set it all up.

I would be really curious to know if this guy had a mistress or if he were in debt.

That reminds me of Fred Tokars - the Atlanta atty who hired a con to murder his wife in front of his two young sons.

I am sorry but I just dont buy this story or load of horse manure. WHO the H*ll stops in the middle of the night on a side road in the dark of night in a wooded area to adjust or tighten luggage?? off the main road on a frontage road.. on their way to a waterpark/vacation destination. Firstly why travel at that time of night for a 3 hours trip? These are small kids who parents would find it easier to travel with while sleeping.. these kids are preteens. Secondly,who's gun was used and why did they find the need to pack it to take on vacation to a water park? its not a friggin floatation device. Thirdly Why the delay in obtaining assistance.. unless he is hiding something. He didnt have aphone when traveling? No way.. Why didnt he get back in the car and drive it back to road if he couldnt walk or to a hospital since this would get help the fast way possible? Why would he run away leaving his children at the mercy of someone who shot him as he was sitting beside them.. ?Wouldnt most people go after the gun especially if wounded rather than run away before they could harm anyone else? This whole things stinks to high heaven.. sorry but nothing about this makes any sense or in my mind adds up to the wife doing the shooting...I suspect that this is another Neil Entwhistle or another complete loser who has a secret life or a lifestyle that he has been "providing" for the family but nothing but a failing business that wont support them in the same manner that has been so far and the illusion has already burst or was about to and he is to be publically embarassed and or possibly committed fraud himself so that charges are about to be filed that is at the root of this...

Another link. My apologies if this is already here and I've missed it:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003748996_family15e.html

Cute picture of Kimberly:

2003748537.jpg

I've been wondering what her family has had to say. I found something here, in addition to a quote from his Mom:

http://www.bradenton.com/439/story/74157.html

snip

Kimberly Vaughn's sister, Nikki Isemann, told the Chicago Tribune her sister was looking forward to a romantic weekend getaway with her husband.
"Kim was very excited about it, getting last-minute things packed," Isemann said. "Her husband, he adored her. He would do everything for her."
Christopher Vaughn's mother, Gail Vaughn, told the Chicago Sun Times her son didn't appear to have any marital problems.
A neighbor said he had never seen any signs of discord at the Vaughn house.

--->>>Interesting link Idaho Mom, it says HE had closed his company in Washington, and MERGED with a similar company in Chicago. That info just might be the lynch pin of this case. Someone MAY have HAD a problem with someone else coming into their secured area and perhaps being able to shine a light on something that was protected by pay offs to keep it under the covers.

We did not have the link you provided here.

What I don't understand is why the kids, they were old enough, run also? I mean if I saw my Mom taking shots at my Dad, we kids woulda been outta there!!! Or at least some screaming and crying. The neighbor heard the shots but not screams or yelling? Not even him yelling about wtf she was doing or for the kids to run (if indeed she was the shooter)? They are on the side of a highway, and so where was he for hours after gunshots were heard? Why wasn't he flagging cars down while running down the road? Somethings hinky about this.

What I don't understand is why the kids, they were old enough, run also? I mean if I saw my Mom taking shots at my Dad, we kids woulda been outta there!!! Or at least some screaming and crying. The neighbor heard the shots but not screams or yelling? Not even him yelling about wtf she was doing or for the kids to run (if indeed she was the shooter)? They are on the side of a highway, and so where was he for hours after gunshots were heard? Why wasn't he flagging cars down while running down the road? Somethings hinky about this.

I was wondering the same thing.
Possibly the doors had been child locked?
But still I don't understand how come noone heard screaming OR why he would run leaving his children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum