GUILTY IL - Kimberly Vaughn, 34, & 3 children slain, Channahon Twp, 14 June 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CandyRose,
Thank you for checking your timeline.

I did not see where they had lived as a couple outside the St. Louis metro area, whereas Rolla is almost 2 hr away.

I wonder if he attended university before the marriage and baby? If so, not only did he not graduate but most likely only went 1-2 yrs.

I think her finising her degree (or at least having the graduation ceremony with degree expected soon), would have been an extremely sore point if indeed he dropped out of college to be with her or marry her. Especially if he was a "dinner on the table at 6" sort of husband as we've read.

I also believe they were likely all drugged and this was a silent, preplanned execution...He is a coward like Scott Peterson...I believe Laci was attacked with her shirt over her head getting undressed for bed and also never saw what was coming.

I also was in doubt about him being able to do college while being married and having children to support as it has not been reported that she worked outside the home (other than typical mom volunteer stuff).

I also don't think it's a coincidence that Lisa Stebic went missing after she had made significant improvements to herself and was gaining independence.

Another vote here for a drugged, preplanned execution...very hard to swallow.

If the gunshots were heard the night before, maybe he drugged them at the house and then took them to that location.

I personally believe that his disinterest in leaving his life behind happened slowly over a period of time, but he finally decide to "get rid of" his life due to financial considerations or a lover or both.

ST. CHARLES, Mo. -- Christopher Vaughn, accused of wiping out his family by shooting them on an isolated Illinois road, appeared for the first time in a Missouri courthouse today, shackled and disheveled.

His attorney David Waltrip waived the reading of the charges in the St. Charles County Justice Center. “For the record, we will enter a plea of not guilty to the fugitive warrant,’’ Waltrip said.

~snip~

Jack Banas, the prosecuting attorney for the county, asked for bail to be changed from $1 million to no bond, and Waltrip did not object.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/442629,062507vaughn.article

Gov. Signs Extradition Papers For Chris Vaughn

Papers On Way to Missouri For Father Accused of Killing Wife, 3 Kids

According to WBBM Newsradio 780, Gov. Rod Blagojevich signed extradition papers for the Oswego father accused of gunning down his family. The papers are being transported in a plane to Missouri by Illinois State Police, said Blagojevich spokeswoman Rebecca Rausch.

~snip~

He must be extradited to Illinois to face murder charges against him; Monday's hearing concerned only the fugitive charge.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_176065759.html

My theory is after his wife got her degree, she probably told him she was going to divorce him. She most likely would be seeking full time work and start her own career. She wouldn't be waiting on him hand & foot. She could also provide for herself and kids without him and all his BS. Her assertiveness I'm sure didn't sit well with him.

My theory is after his wife got her degree, she probably told him she was going to divorce him. She most likely would be seeking full time work and start her own career. She wouldn't be waiting on him hand & foot. She could also provide for herself and kids without him and all his BS. Her assertiveness I'm sure didn't sit well with him.

'Okay, I admit, I've not been able to read through the whole thread yet, but have a question. I'm completely confused by the charges.

He's charged with eight counts of murder, two each???????????? How does that work? You can only die once?

'Okay, I admit, I've not been able to read through the whole thread yet, but have a question. I'm completely confused by the charges.

He's charged with eight counts of murder, two each???????????? How does that work? You can only die once?

I posted this in the other thread:
<snip>
Prosecutor James Glasgow, who declined to discuss possible motives, said Vaughn with charged with two murder counts per victim. One set of counts alleges he shot with intent to kill and the other alleges he shot knowing that it was likely to cause death or great bodily harm.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286394,00.html

Vaughn will have to be extradited to Illinois to face murder charges against him, hastened by a governor's warrant signed by Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

Illinois authorities have not divulged a possible motive or publicly detailed the evidence, saying only that numerous interviews, forensic evidence, computer files and phone records led them to conclude that Christopher Vaughn killed his family.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/13562745/detail.html?dl=mainclick

If this guy doesn't get the death penalty I will have no faith at all in the system. It's pretty shaky as it is. He deserves to rot in hell for murdering his whole family and then blaming it on his wife. That is evil in my book.

If this guy doesn't get the death penalty I will have no faith at all in the system. It's pretty shaky as it is. He deserves to rot in hell for murdering his whole family and then blaming it on his wife. That is evil in my book.

Bobbisangel--I agree, totally.

You're right--this is pure evil in it's rawest form.

And to blame this horrific crime on his poor wife, who never stood a chance to defend herself against his accusations of her murdering her own babies.

He will burn. Slowly and painfully, I hope.

ETA: I don't know the smiley is on my post, I can't get it off!

If this guy doesn't get the death penalty I will have no faith at all in the system.

They have a few months (120 days I believe) to decide if they will ask for the death penalty. I don't know the laws in Indiana about what elements have to be there in a crime to ask for it.

If the DA asks for it, then it will be in a jury's hands - and you never know what's going to happen once a jury gets the case.

They have a few months (120 days I believe) to decide if they will ask for the death penalty. I don't know the laws in Indiana about what elements have to be there in a crime to ask for it.

If the DA asks for it, then it will be in a jury's hands - and you never know what's going to happen once a jury gets the case.
This crime happened in Illinois.

I hope the Vaughn family will get their own forum here.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...D8E8FB23195E68DB862573060006E3C0?OpenDocument

Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich and Missouri Gov. Matt Blunt signed the extradition order Monday, the same day a St. Charles County judge revoked a $1 million cash bond for Vaughn -- who wore an orange jail uniform, handcuffs and leg irons and said nothing at a brief court hearing.

HI! Just checked in here yesterday and rad the terrible news about Tybee. I am so sorry to hear this. I am a long time lurker mostly during the height of Laci Peterson's dissaperance, so I have fond memories of Tybee. :(

Back to the point, I live 15 minutes from Channhon, IL (where they found the Vaughn SUV) and have been moved by this story ever since. Seeing the little town of Channahon on CNN was such a shock. I really hope the Vaughn's get their own area as well.

Hi scooby; I recall your rare posts, b/c my favorite teacher (100 years ago) was Ms Scrooby; warmest woman on the Earth...

Arrgghh! Absolutely horrific; no punishment is good enough! There can only be one reason (well, maybe two) in my mind as to why he did this.

The prime reason, IMO, is the age old story "for another woman's love"... (and what are the bets if there is another woman, she thought this punk was single!!!). My second possible reason may have been a double life whereby he gambled their entire fortunes away and may have been able to face the music and call it bankruptcy, but couldn't face his family.

(Of course this is debunked b/c of parents, in-laws, etc - but it's not impossible, I s'pose).

From family, friends & neighbor reports, seems (IMO) unlikely his wife was leaving him: she was too happy and excited in general, especially about their current travel plans This &%$#@! LURED them under the pretext of a loving family break ... to their death under trees on a lonely stretch of road, instead.

Nevertheless, watch this poisonous little weasel scar his wife's character in his defense. May God bless their rich souls, all of them... too sad.

I was wonder how the husband got away from the area where he killed his wife and kids? Did someone have a getaway car ready for him? Was there another person involved who helped him get away? Sorry if this has been answered before but I cannot read fast enough to find out if these questions have already been asked and answered.:truce:

I was wonder how the husband got away from the area where he killed his wife and kids? Did someone have a getaway car ready for him? Was there another person involved who helped him get away? Sorry if this has been answered before but I cannot read fast enough to find out if these questions have already been asked and answered.:truce:

Hi Marstan...

He waived down a passing motorist - and had that citizen call 911. Seems strange he'd pull over (the road he was on was bad enough) where he did. His excuse was 'to check luggage'. It was the dark - and he drove that SUV into an even darker, hidden area, under trees - which meant if he really was checking the rack, he had to have had X-Ray vision. It's quite obvious he drove well into that alcove of trees to avoid being seen ... his family must have wondered what the hec....?

Furthermore, I truly BET that LE noticed the headlights were off immediately but allowed Vaughan to play his cards. Dumb move. WHO would turn off lights when checking the car? No-one touched that vehicle, I believe, and none of the footage, reports, photos showed those headlights were on.

And WHO would have turned the lights off if all the occupants inside the SUV were dead and he allegedly RAN AWAY, HID AND WAITED FOR HELP? Goblins? He turned them off so no-one would see - and perhaps so he couldn't see his kids which may be why he let out 2 bullets each as they were in the back seat. It's an outrageously cold, cruel and calculated slaughtering. Unfathomable.

It's always something - if not the truly dumb actions of these hideous fiends, that makes us go "ut-oh ... just doesn't work out, Romeo ..."

From the beginning my friends and I were very interested in how this case seemed to be so strange and that the wife's name was dragged through the mud and how it didnt seem to make any sense. I couldn't be more glad that they got this sob. My initial reaction was; does the wife have GSR on her hands, doesn't he watch CSI? Seems that is how they clinched it, she had no GSR.

Also from what i have heard this case has striking similarities to an episode of SVU or something like that that just aired locally in repeats in May.

I live in Joliet, so I am close to both this and the Lisa Stebic dissapearance. It's a shame our little community ends up on the news for this type of thing lately!

Thanks for remebering me!

Eeeeuuuwww!

SORRY!

:truce:

<<slaps head>>> Just read tail end of previous thread, seems it's already out there was another woman. OK, the egg's on my face. (My fault for being lazy and just jumping in willy-nilly).

Apologies, all ... and, ehem ... on my way out, lol

:silenced: :silenced: :silenced:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members